• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Great Lakes

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well....since Lake St. Clair will rise even more then last year. What are the best places for a Jet boat to go too????

Well....since Lake St. Clair will rise even more then last year. What are the best places for a Jet boat to go too????
I believe that complaints and potential lawsuits related to flooding have finally reached the government and the intention is to open the water control gates at the dam up near Cornwall/Messena to keep from flooding along Lake Ontario and the Saint Lawrence. Hopefully there's less issues this year.

Florida. Gulf coast. That’s from a fellow northerner lol.

If you have a trailer and are not afraid of pulling it in Ontario, try Georgian Bay and/or the North Channel of Lake Huron. Thousands of small islands, channels, coves to explore, and a fair amount of sheltered water suitable for smaller boats, yet still very much part of the Great Lakes.

If you have a trailer and are not afraid of pulling it in Ontario, try Georgian Bay and/or the North Channel of Lake Huron. Thousands of small islands, channels, coves to explore, and a fair amount of sheltered water suitable for smaller boats, yet still very much part of the Great Lakes.

Georgian Bay offers so many different options and variety. I love the area around Point au Baril (about 35 mins north of Parry Sound). Tons of islands to explore and amazing fishing. As my next adventure up there, I am hoping to cruise from the southern end up to Tobermory. You can take that a step further and up to Manitoulin Island.

Port Clinton and the Bass Islands on Erie?
You could got to Put in Bay on South Bass, run to North Bass for the winery, and run to Kelly’s Island for the glacial grooves.

I agree with above ^^ Georgian bay/Muskokas has some of the nicest water I have ever seen. You would run out of days before you ran out of lakes to boat in.

Georgian Bay especially, south side near Meaford has some of the clearest, calmest water you can find inland. I accidentally took this picture while out on the paddle board in Georgian bay. It’s about 15-20ft deep in that picture and crystal clear!189766F3-E18F-4288-AC28-777D84C16202.png

Dusting this thread off to add this elevation profile of the Great Lakes.

20231231_071107.jpg

I think I understand what I’m looking at…question though, Lake Superior’s elevation, it looks like it shows 001?? It’s kinda fuzzy, and I do have my good glasses on lol! It has to be higher than Lake Michigan’s 578’?

Last edited:
Please dig a canal over to the Colorado. Call it the Striper Express.[flag]

I think I understand what I’m looking at…question though, Lake Superior’s elevation, it looks like it shows 001?? It’s kinda fuzzy, and I do have my good glasses on lol! It has to be higher than Lake Michigan’s 578’?

601'. Bad copy. No glasses will make any difference.

20231231_100714.jpg

Last edited:
Back