• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Guesses on what I should pay for injector replacement labor?

Sitka531

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
2008 240efi often won’t start hot, prior owner in Wyoming had a shop replace the 3 fuel pumps and said it was fixed but turns out it still can’t quite hold 36psi for 10 min and that shop wouldn’t take it further not being mercury shop. They conclude it’s leaking injectors flooding it once shut off while hot so it won’t start for 15min plus but saying I gotta take it elsewhere. I’ve read all the posts I can discussing servicing injectors and such, but no comments on ballpark cost for a shop to do the labor to pull and replace them so I’m guessing it’s a lot and if I was to pay it should I be doing anything else at same time? I’m in Idaho. Thanks!!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2008 240efi often won’t start hot, prior owner in Wyoming had a shop replace the 3 fuel pumps and said it was fixed but turns out it still can’t quite hold 36psi for 10 min and that shop wouldn’t take it further not being mercury shop. They conclude it’s leaking injectors flooding it once shut off while hot so it won’t start for 15min plus but saying I gotta take it elsewhere. I’ve read all the posts I can discussing servicing injectors and such, but no comments on ballpark cost for a shop to do the labor to pull and replace them so I’m guessing it’s a lot and if I was to pay it should I be doing anything else at same time? I’m in Idaho. Thanks!!
Have you tried running a tank of fuel with Techron in it? Sometimes the injectors will get a tiny bit of crud on them and not seal properly. You could run a double dose of Techron as well if things are really dirty.

Sitka531

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
I hadn’t just having real the 3 steps to deal with it and 1st being injector cleaner in the tank but that may send more crud from the tank into the filters. The 2nd method was a detergent straight into the fuel line and 3rd was injectors pulled and cleaned was the best method but no idea on amount to pay a shop and they acted like it would be a small fortune ao they’d have a blank check :/

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I hadn’t just having real the 3 steps to deal with it and 1st being injector cleaner in the tank but that may send more crud from the tank into the filters. The 2nd method was a detergent straight into the fuel line and 3rd was injectors pulled and cleaned was the best method but no idea on amount to pay a shop and they acted like it would be a small fortune ao they’d have a blank check :/
Well, either way, if there is crud in the tank then it needs to come out.. buy some extra filters and move forward. That is what the fuel filters are there for.

Do you run ethanol laced fuel? One of the upsides of ethanol laced fuel is that ethanol is a detergent and cleans the fuel system, provided it is not loaded with water. One of the major downsides of ethanol laced fuel is that it wreaks havoc on fuel systems when they sit if it has suspended water in it. I’d start with the high does of Techron and go for a cruise and burn a tank of fuel, at the very least you’ll have some fun doing that. I have a few friends that are mechanics and have reported some great results doing a double dose and running it through the system. I wouldn’t leave that high concentration sit in the fuel system though, refill the tank with fuel and run some of that through the system to remove the high concentration.

There used to be a guy in Idaho that did ultra sonic cleaning on injectors.. can’t remember the shop name how as it has been several years. But, he had a great deal, if he could not make the injectors better then he didn’t charge you for the work. He had a great set up, he put the injectors on a flow bench first to test spray pattern and fuel deliver before he cleaned them, then again afterwards.

Sitka531

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Oh man I been google searching for a flow bench injector service here but couldn’t find anything, but ya that’s what I’ll do. I run non ethanol so will do the Techron once then double. I was just hoping there was like a number of hours associated for replacing injectors so I could have the shop do that part but have some reasonable number put on how many hours they charge me since I’m buried in work I can finish b4 winter as is I’d like to pay but for the right # of hours. Thanks!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh man I been google searching for a flow bench injector service here but couldn’t find anything, but ya that’s what I’ll do. I run non ethanol so will do the Techron once then double. I was just hoping there was like a number of hours associated for replacing injectors so I could have the shop do that part but have some reasonable number put on how many hours they charge me since I’m buried in work I can finish b4 winter as is I’d like to pay but for the right # of hours. Thanks!
Here you go!