• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Gulf Shores to Destin

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be boating from Gulf Shores area to Destin May 24th and heading back May 28th. As of now we have one other boat going with us. Anyone who would like to join us on this trip is more than welcome.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will be a nice trip. That is the time frame of moving the catamaran from the Atlantic to Lake Champlain via the Hudson. Should take us 6-7 days if all goes right.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sounds like an awesome trip Babin, this was the trip you wanted to do last year correct?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like an awesome trip Babin, this was the trip you wanted to do last year correct?
Sure is. We have a room and slip reserved on Oskaloosa Island for our stay. Was hoping to make it to Bimini this year but that trip keeps getting pushed back.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sure is. We have a room and slip reserved on Oskaloosa Island for our stay. Was hoping to make it to Bimini this year but that trip keeps getting pushed back.
How far is the trip one way?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be boating from Gulf Shores area to Destin May 24th and heading back May 28th. As of now we have one other boat going with us. Anyone who would like to join us on this trip is more than welcome.
Nice part is if the weather kicks up you can take the ICW. If your slip is at Adventure Marina, bring some extra bumpers.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice part is if the weather kicks up you can take the ICW. If your slip is at Adventure Marina, bring some extra bumpers.
Our plan is to take the ICW. I haven’t been out on the gulf where it’s been calm enough to just cruise without getting beat to death. Our slip is where we are going to be staying which is Destin West. We stayed there before with the boat and were happy with the accommodations. Hopefully we can get a few more boats to make the trip with us.

Fargo007

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Pensacola so you're going right by me. Too early to tell if I can make it but I may join. Been to both Gulf Shores & Destin a few times from here. You absolutely want to stay inshore for this. I'm also curious how you found a slip and a place to stay and what that cost you.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm in Pensacola so you're going right by me. Too early to tell if I can make it but I may join. Been to both Gulf Shores & Destin a few times from here. You absolutely want to stay inshore for this. I'm also curious how you found a slip and a place to stay and what that cost you.
We stayed at Destin West with our boat back in 2021. My wife/finance manager lined up the vacation back then and also this trip so I’m not sure on cost but looking forward to the trip.

Hopefully we’ll see you out on the water this season👍

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Check the Blue Angels site for the schedule in Pensacola . Might be able to catch that . We towed our boat down from Illinois 6/22, stayed in Ft Walton . Did Pensacola via IC for the show. Easy ride, plenty of marinas.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check the Blue Angels site for the schedule in Pensacola . Might be able to catch that . We towed our boat down from Illinois 6/22, stayed in Ft Walton . Did Pensacola via IC for the show. Easy ride, plenty of marinas.
We have gone to their show a few times and are going to plan on making it to future shows.

IMG_0939.jpeg

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We have gone to their show a few times and are going to plan on making it to future shows.
May 28 is a practice day. Weather permitting, the Blues are usually in the air from 10:30 am to 11:15 on practice days.

To watch the show from your boat, you can anchor just south of the lighthouse, as long as you're north of the ICW, but also outside of the entry-restricted zone, which is about 110 yd from NAS's shoreline. Alternatively, if you want to hang with a more partying crowd, anchor closer to "Sand Island" (Robertson Island) either on the pass-side or on the lagoon-side.

I've watched the Blue Angels from my boat dozens of times... and at least 10× from the tarmac at NAS... and I still love seeing them fly!

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great idea for May 28!

The longest stretch between fuel docks is between Fort Walton Beach Yacht Basin and Santa Rosa Yacht Club — 29 NM by boat (via all the turns through The Narrows).

Also, plenty of docks where you can tie up for food in Pensacola Beach, Pensacola downtown, and Perdido. Our favorites are Blackened Grouper at the Paradise, Mahi Reuben at Jaco's, and Triggerfish Tacos at Sunset.

EJG5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
May 28 is a practice day. Weather permitting, the Blues are usually in the air from 10:30 am to 11:15 on practice days.

To watch the show from your boat, you can anchor just south of the lighthouse, as long as you're north of the ICW, but also outside of the entry-restricted zone, which is about 110 yd from NAS's shoreline. Alternatively, if you want to hang with a more partying crowd, anchor closer to "Sand Island" (Robertson Island) either on the pass-side or on the lagoon-side.

I've watched the Blue Angels from my boat dozens of times... and at least 10× from the tarmac at NAS... and I still love seeing them fly!
We actually started by anchoring but then noticed the beach to the south had some boats , so I backed in there , definitely liked it better .