• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Head Storage Modifications

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@RightStuff i wonder if the poles are different diameter between our years because those clips fit perfect for my two table legs. I will look for so,e pics of it on my mac when I get home this weekend.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just wanted to point out that, in our 2013 242 ls, the front and back walls that are padded and covered with vinyl are pretty thin pieces of ply wood. If you were planning on getting much structural support out of them I'd probably run reinforcing strips of 3/4 ply in strategic locations to give the board more support. I'm thinking the shelf idea in particular. Running a vertical strip near the front and back of the shelf would do wonders. Could probably just gorilla glue it up.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Billy. I'm considering this one as well. Where did you mount it? On the inside of the head door? Do you have a pic?
I will get some pictures, but it won't be able to post until tomorrow.

I mounted it to the head door right before it starts to curve.

Suction is great and it has a paper towl holder so that the roll will not completely unroll while underway.

I completed all of my head storage mods this weekend and will post later what worked best for me (as I had two different versions of the wire closet hanger).

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@RightStuff i wonder if the poles are different diameter between our years because those clips fit perfect for my two table legs. I will look for so,e pics of it on my mac when I get home this weekend.
@jawsf16 , do you have any pics of where you mounted the clips for the table legs? I like you table storage solution in the 240. My solution in the 230 extends into the doorway and I am bummed that I can't put it there. With the other stuff in the head storage, putting on the foward wall may be the only solution, but I am resisting because it may require moving things to get to it. We use the table a bunch. We too are considering a second table.

I am really disliking the table mounts on the vertical surfaces. Anyone experiencing any spider cracking there? I don't see a good solution to that now that the center floor mounts and round legs are gone.

I found this paper towel roll holder, with a flat back surface for double side tape mounting, and it is stainless steel. I posted it somewhere, don't think it was this thread...
image.jpg

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@txav8r I mounted them on the helm closet forward wall with the beckson clipper clips. I will take pictures next outing. We just got back but I didn't see this until now...

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Found a pick, this is the front of the helm locker. The soft velcro is there to keep the poles from knocking. I used beckson clipper clips and a piece of PVC board. Just adjust the poles until you are happy with the way they rest. The ends have to hang off slightly due to the added width of the base of each pole.

IMG_0188.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@jawsf16 , thanks for the pics. Having set this up once, I wanted to go down the same road I did on the 230. But it won't arrange that way due to subtle changes in compartment size and shape. So I have a few more detail questions if you have the time.

In the head compartment, I attached my altered pvc box to the carpeted plywood filler at the base of the isle side wall for the table (on the 230). I see your box (bucket) on the forward wall. What did you attach it with/to? I don't really want to drill into the gelcoat, so it may have to be another double sided tape adventure for that. I also see your shelf had room behind it to allow the cushion and the fenders to fit. Does your cargo net to hold the cushion and fenders run all the way across from both fore and aft bulkheads and what net did you find to fit? Lastly, did you make your shelf out of the same material that I made my shelves from on the 230, the 1/2" pvc sheet material? The sign shop I bought it from has changed hands and I may have a hard time finding it. I don't know what other types of businesses use that material. Thanks for any leads you can provide!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I drilled it into the floor. Don't remember exactly, but the PVC board is the same stuff you used. I got it at lowes. Cargo net is from lowes too and runs the whole length like you said. I use a bungee to hold the tables against the front wall. I like having the fenders back and out of the way. The ao coolers fit on the remaining shelf width. The fender portion is the existing lip. I also got a plastic tub and cut a notch into it for the kidney bean table to fit. The bonus is that it locks the tub into place and won't slide around.

Let me know what else you need.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Can you elaborate on the tub and notch, and how you fastened it to the floor? Thanks a bunch Bryan!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Can you elaborate on the tub and notch, and how you fastened it to the floor? Thanks a bunch Bryan!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Look at my pics on page two and you can see that the tub fits around the curved table. I simply used scissors to cut the notch. This serves two purposes, one it lets me use a bucket there and two it keeps that bucket from sliding back on the shelf.

I honestly don't remember how I fastened it. I will look in a couple weeks when we are out again and report back.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I can't tell completely from the pics, and didn't notice before you mentioned it. It looks like the square table is in a notch, but not the curved one. Did you also notch the shelf around the tables? If you can't tell, I don't want to re-invent the wheel a third time! lol We both have been down this road, might as well save a few steps in the process if you don't mind. Also, where did you get the caps to cover the end of bolts coming thru in your helm compartment? I have read posts on it on yjb, but not sure I have seen any here. I didn't see them where I found them at Lowes before. I had to go to a plastics company for the PVC sheeting, my Lowes didn't have 4x4 sheets of the stuff. I am going to have leftovers if anybody wants to chip in on some. That stuff is STEEP! $85 for a 4x8 sheet.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used the 2x6 boards of PVC I found at lowes. Also got the screw caps there. The tables sit just above the shelf so no notch required there. I don't have a square table, I have the kidney bean and the oval.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The table in the back looked square on the pics...that must be the kidney? The oval looked like the one in front of the pic, not the front of the compartment.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Correct, the notch is for the kidney at the front of the compartment, back of the pic! Towards the bow... I think the southerly table in the pic, or maybe the tallest one. Aahhhhh!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
gotcha!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Did you try gluing/cementing the pvc or did you use screws like I did the first time? I bought screws but they sold me a chem adhesive for acrylic, then when I picked it up, they said it wouldn't hold permanently, so I didn't take it and they refunded.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just used screws Mel.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Billy. I'm considering this one as well. Where did you mount it? On the inside of the head door? Do you have a pic?
Here you go...again, this held fine after numerous rides including one that took on some water.