• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Head Storage Modifications

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks Billy!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My SS towel holder didn't hold using double sided tape (not cushion). I may build my mount like I did before. I also don't see room to mount to the top of the door overhang using this SS holder. And it will stay stuck better if mounted overhead vs on the side of the door. Because the pull of weight sideways loosens and edge and peels it off, like you would remove tape...but overhead, it is pulling against the entire tape, not an edge. Physics is a beast. Anyway, I wanted to try it on the side because of door design, it looks like less room to install above the door. We shall see...

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I soooooo should not have just looked at this thread. . . . . My bank account hates you all. But at least I appreciate the great info here.

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I soooooo should not have just looked at this thread. . . . . My bank account hates you all. But at least I appreciate the great info here.
I haven't even got my boat and its costing me money!!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This forum has cost me a small fortune.
I hate you guys!
I even had to update my water shoes because of the water shoe thread!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
media_1408232237608-408272293.jpg My first head storage mod. A cheapy. Walmart for the shoe holder ~$5 and Michaels for the 1/4" grommets $5. I am not sure how the fabric on the shoe holder will hold up at the grommets. I might pull off and add some backing to it.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
View attachment 10267 My first head storage mod. A cheapy. Walmart for the shoe holder ~$5 and Michaels for the 1/4" grommets $5. I am not sure how the fabric on the shoe holder will hold up at the grommets. I might pull off and add some backing to it.
I bought two of these...one like the one you have pictured and one that was canvas ish.

I liked the canvas one better...but after a summer of use...I noticed some slight molding spots on it.

So if you find a bad ass canvass ish over the door shoe holder as I did...be aware it may develope mold spots...even though I leave a moisture collector every time I leave the boat for a week or two.

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have any of you done these mods in a head compartment that has the padded vinyl? My 15 242 LS had this and I am wanting to add one or two shelves as well as some storage pockets on the walls.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I used the heavy duty 3m cushion tape. That stuff will stick to dirty bricks!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This is the stuff. I bought this big role right here
image.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I certainly don't know this for sure, but I am guessing the padded, vinyl bulkheads are still plywood. So mounting shelves there could be done, but don't mess up, hiding a hole in the vinyl won't be as easy.

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I certainly don't know this for sure, but I am guessing the padded, vinyl bulkheads are still plywood. So mounting shelves there could be done, but don't mess up, hiding a hole in the vinyl won't be as easy.
Cool. Will give that tape a try. I like the idea of not poking any holes in the vinyl.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't know of I would trust the tape for shelving. It will stick it I am sure, but you would be suspending the shelf and everything in it on the vinyl alone. And I don't know if you could remove it from the vinyls without tearing the vinyl.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone with a 2007-2009 that has done the lower shelf on the port side in the head closet remember the length? I am going to use the wire shelving and have it here but will not be able to get to the boat for a while and want to be able to cut it at home. Thanks!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amazing. Just amazing. I still go semi-comatose when I look at those pictures Mel.

I have to hand it to you. I could never, ever get my life so organized. I'm lucky if there's enough paper towels left on the roll to clean the glass, no less a holder for the roll. And shelves? hahaha, if I own it, it lives on the floor. Or in a box.

I keep all my stuff in a box just inside the door:

shitbox.jpg

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anybody doing head comp. mods on the new 24' boats?