• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Head Storage Modifications

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The paper towel roll holder was made from the same PVC sheet material. It was pretty easy to make and I could not get the stick on store bought units to stick longer than a day...heat and the sun will do that. I used 3M padded tape on my unit and it never came loose. I even tried to fill the hollow back of the store bought one with epoxy to make it flat to get more tape on it, but it still fell. I loved my paper towel holder mounted here, because I could use the air vent slots in the door as a feed chute for the towels. Just remember to place them backward, and to use a rubber band around them with not in use...when your flying across the lake at 50mph, they tend to unroll, even when closed in that compartment!
DSCN1735 (Large).JPG DSCN1736 (Large).JPG DSCN1734 (Large).JPG DSCN1733 (Large).JPG

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have often been asked about general storage. I bought containers (shopping for them was a pain, to find the perfect sizes) to use in all the compartments.
DSCN0726resize.JPG DSCN0728 (Medium).JPG DSCN0729resize.JPG

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
And I had a boat bag, that I carried with the keys, cigar cutter, mini plug-mini plug (for iPod to aux), iPod, sunglasses case, boat registration card, change, head unit face plate, garmin 531, etc. I used it to put all of my glasses, wallet, phone, etc. into while on the water, as the big items were removed to move into their positions on the boat. Although I tended to leave the phone on the port side dash on the dash mat. But when we would stop for lunch or even quit for the day, the garmin, HU faceplate, etc. went back in the bag along with the keys. It was just a management tool IMO. The boat bag was actually a big airlock lunch bag, so it made it pretty waterproof.
DSCN0724resize.JPG DSCN0725resize.JPG

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Thanks Mel @txav8r . Wonderful info. I don't think my AR240 has a box thingy, so I will have to make one. These measurements will make that a cinch.

And as for the paper towels fed through the door... magic!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@geiger41 , maybe you will be the first and can help someone else along the way. There are 50 ways to do one of these as is apparent in all the different ways that guys have done it. Take the best ideas you see, adapt it to what you have to work with, and go from there...just remember to take lots of pics and make it work for others too!

@tdonoughue , no, the 240's didn't have the storage box. You could make it out of most anything and waterproof, or not. If it starts to delaminate or rot, just make a new one...or, just paint it with a sealer or epoxy and it should be good...if you don't want to fool with a marine material. Also, the dimensions of the 240 table may be different, so take it and trace the outline and do some crude measurements to make sure it will fit the box dimensions I have. Our tables were long ovals and I had thought I remembered seeing more square tables on the 240's. But it is an easy job and worth doing, because that table is in the way in most places and that is a great place to store it.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txav8r , my table is oval like yours. Pretty sure it will fit; looks the same. But I can do a quick read on that with the dimensions you provided.

2devine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the dimensions. I was going to try to hang some stuff last year. I got out the screw gun and screws and chickened out. I was so fearful that I would put a screw thru the other side.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I thought a little more explanation of the bungee cord to hold the table might be in order. On the left side, the bulkhead is wood, so putting a screw there to hold the left end of the bungee is no big deal. On the right side however, you don't want a screw protruding or a head just in the wall next to the door hinge, or at least I didn't. So I ended up removing one of the screws that was in the piano hinge, and drilling it out a little to take a longer and larger diameter machine screw, instead of the wood screw it replaces. I used a washer on both sides, a lock washer, and nut. I attached the bungee end looped with a length of stainless steel wire securing it, to that screw. There may be a ring connector you could use with the bungee end, but I didn't find one, so I fashioned a workable end.
DSCN1713 (Medium).JPG

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is mine. Double table holder at the front, cargo net against port wall to hold fenders and center step cushion, shelf built out that holds a 24 or 36 AO cooler perfectly, plastic bin that fits in floor holds eight towels, shoe rack for ropes and sunscreen, hooks to hold dock lines, extra bucket with notch cut for tables.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I cleaned up the boat and got some pictures this weekend. I have a simple shelf and then pockets on both sides. I got some stainless steal S hooks to hang the life vests. The bottom is open for coolers and other bulky stuff that just needs a place to go but is still needed. I don't know why some of the pictures uploaded wrong.

Attachments

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Just picked up my boat yesterday and after the breakin period, wanted to get started on these mods.

As it turns out, my car curtin rod was too long, so I got nothing done in the head.

@rkluck, how did you secure the wire rack? Could not tell from your pictures, THANKS.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone have any ideas for storing the table leg?

I would love to find some clips that fit the table leg, but I'm striking out a bit. I bought a couple Clipper Clips from Beckson (http://www.beckson.com/plasticclips.html) without having my leg home to measure it, but they don't have ones that will fit around the leg (at least one side). One end of the leg I have is 2" diameter and the other is 2.5"...

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@RightStuff I used clipper clips that were perfect. I will dig around and see if I have info,or pics. I think they were 1 7/8 but that is a total WAG.

Edit, they were 1 3/4

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You guys are going to have to post up better info for those of us that are still banned from the home of that thread...no idea on the thread or post. But, I stored mine on the floor of the starboard compartment in the cockpit between two storage containers for several years, then I slit a large noodle lengthways, wrapped the leg in the noodle, and stored in the head compartment on the shelf.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just picked up my boat yesterday and after the breakin period, wanted to get started on these mods.

As it turns out, my car curtin rod was too long, so I got nothing done in the head.

@rkluck, how did you secure the wire rack? Could not tell from your pictures, THANKS.
I took plastic cable wrap and screwed them in with stainless steel screws. If I recall I used 3/4". I put three on each side. I like the lip of the rack facing up to help hold stuff in place. I bought everything at Home Depot. i used the same screws with a statinless steel washer to hold the shoe holder in place. I cut off t

I took some plastic cable wraps and put them around the shelf then screwed them in with stainless steel screws. If I recall I used 3/4". I put three on each side. I like the lip of the rack facing up to help hold stuff in place. I bought everything at Home Depot. I used the same screws with a statinless steel washer to hold the shoe holders in place. I cut off the extra pieces to fit.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@RightStuff I used clipper clips that were perfect. I will dig around and see if I have info,or pics. I think they were 1 7/8 but that is a total WAG.

Edit, they were 1 3/4
I bought the 1 3/4' ones and it doesn't fit around the skinnier end much less the wider one. It actually cracked down the middle of the clip when I tried to test fit it around that skinny end. It looks like the biggest they make goes up to 2 1/8", so that might work for the one side, just not the other. So I figured I would see if there was some other options/ideas people have done...