• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Head Storage Modifications

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We were tired of sorting thru stuff on the floor of the head/storage compartment, so I decided to start modifying. Moved the table and holder, put the bow filler cushion there. Hung some K-rail for holding hangers, shoe holder etc.

View attachment 57559
Do you have curtains in there????

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you have curtains in there????
Funny...no, there are two beach towels though. I guess the one I have hanging from the para chord which is securing the bow filler cushion looks like a curtain. The other curtain/towel is folded on the floor next to the pillows, throwable cushion and first aid kit. Those towels do double as a curtain with bimini clips, although since we've started using our zipper on bimini shade curtains, we don't use the towels for that too often.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One of the cheapest, and best mods around. . . . .with the exception of the infamous noodles.

I was a bit leary about driving screws in to hang this like the rest of you. So I slid the "over the door" hooks behind the boards. Worked like a charm.

View attachment 27849 View attachment 27850
Enhanced my head storage mods a few weeks back. . . .just remembered to post them.
20170711_144155.jpg

Jennifer N Hoskins

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can someone post the length of the shelve used in the 242 Limited S closet?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Can someone post the length of the shelve used in the 242 Limited S closet?
I took a tape and measured the length of where I am going to keep the shelves and marked them with dots. I then went to Lowes , selected the shelve I want to use and had them cut to those dimensions.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What size screws did you all use when screwing the shelf into a '15 plus 240/242?

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
It is mentioned right there in the first page of this thread, all the hardware you need.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nothing innovative here, but have seen a few requests for pics of the 15+ 24'ers.

I like that the pockets on this organizer are mesh, should help dock lines dry nicely. Each one holds a 25' rope.

40"x10" were the dimensions for this one. Just grabbed a shelf from Lowes and cut it down at home. I could have went with a deeper shelf and cut to the contours of the aft wall, but we have a head in there that the lady uses, so needed to make that space still functional.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Nothing innovative here, but have seen a few requests for pics of the 15+ 24'ers.

I like that the pockets on this organizer are mesh, should help dock lines dry nicely. Each one holds a 25' rope.

40"x10" were the dimensions for this one. Just grabbed a shelf from Lowes and cut it down at home. I could have went with a deeper shelf and cut to the contours of the aft wall, but we have a head in there that the lady uses, so needed to make that space still functional.

Wheres the mesh bags from. I had “ shoe hangers”. They got nasty fast

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

@seanmclean I can't see it in your picture, but how did you secure the shoe holder to the left side there? I was going to screw mine directly into the wall but wasn't sure there was enough wall there to do it as the 2015+'s look different than the previous gens. I tried heavy-duty velcro from Lowes and it held fairly well for a few days but I'm guessing with the weight, the movement and the Florida heat, the wall-side velcro came loose. I thought about using strips of velcro instead of small tabs throughout but if I can screw it into the wall it should never come down again.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@seanmclean I can't see it in your picture, but how did you secure the shoe holder to the left side there? I was going to screw mine directly into the wall but wasn't sure there was enough wall there to do it as the 2015+'s look different than the previous gens. I tried heavy-duty velcro from Lowes and it held fairly well for a few days but I'm guessing with the weight, the movement and the Florida heat, the wall-side velcro came loose. I thought about using strips of velcro instead of small tabs throughout but if I can screw it into the wall it should never come down again.
It is screwed into the wall there, with very shallow (1/2") screws. Should be plenty of thickness there for you.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On my 07, inside the compartment, on both the forward and aft bulkheads are a piece of carpet covered plywood, held up internally with screws. Covered with the white plactic "Buttons", screw covers. Not the carpet covered outboard wall/hull of the boat. Like this, ;)20190308_064406.jpg It will take screws for the shoe hanger and other stuff you may want to hang there. I mounted a shoe holder, some K-bar from Lowes and a Blue Sea 6 ckt w/ gnd. fuse panel to power my amp, fishfinder and VHF radio on that carpeted piece of plywood.

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Love the idea, Brilliant! But the straps holding down the life jackets, is that legal? Mine came in a coast guard bag which the bag must be kept open (not zippered) as they must be readily accessible/available.

1552047914464.png

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the idea, Brilliant! But the straps holding down the life jackets, is that legal? Mine came in a coast guard bag which the bag must be kept open (not zippered) as they must be readily accessible/available.

View attachment 89181
That's a good question. The regulation is below, and would seem to preclude storing PFDs in the head compartment entirely, or even under the seat depending on how 'closed compartment' is defined.

Recreational boats must carry Coast Guard approved Personal Flotation Devices, in good and serviceable condition, and of appropriate size for the intended user. Wearable PFDs must be readily accessible, not stowed in bags, locked or closed compartments or have other gear stowed on top of them. Throwable devices must be immediately available for use. There must be one Type I, II, III, or V PFD for each person on board or being towed on water skis, etc., PLUS one Type IV throwable device. Throwable, Type IV PFDs may no longer be substituted for wearable types on boats less than 16 feet. State laws on mandatory PFD wear may vary.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's a good question. The regulation is below, and would seem to preclude storing PFDs in the head compartment entirely, or even under the seat depending on how 'closed compartment' is defined.
When I was stopped by MO water patrol on Table Rock Lake last year, I produced pfd for all passengers... but before they let me go they told me I had to leave them out and each passenger needed to have one within easy reach. Stowed away was not good enough.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I got stopped last year. Had 8 people on the boat. It's the first thing they asked for. He also looked where they were. Didn't say anything bad about their location nor being in the coast guard bag. Just saying you may want to review their location on the boat and how the PDF are stored. Please be careful and stay safe.

markallan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, some great ideas here