• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HELP, my wife’s suit stained our brand new boat seats!

I also had the exact same thing happen, and after trying pretty much every cleaning product known to man, here's what finally worked......
NOTHING.

Take the cushion off and let it bake in direct sunlight for a couple of days. This method worked for me where everything else failed.
The stain disappeared.

I'll keep it cleaned and conditioned with 303 or Vinyl sauce. It is already starting to disappear. I'll throw up pictures later.

I've yet to have a stain that didn't completely fade on its own from being in the sun. I left my cover off for a few days last week and my old white interior blinded me.

had the exact same thing happen last year. tried to clean it with no luck. after 2 hot days on the water it was gone, I didn't even notice until we were home cleaning out the boat and I couldn't find the black stain anymore

This right here ?. I used to try and clean of stains like this from new swim suits but now I don't even try, not worth the effort. 1-2 days in the hot sun and its gone every time.

Magic eraser or purple spray - but don't go crazy on it. Best remedy - a few days of hot sun will take it away. I had a permanent sharpie stain from my kids wet paper get on seat - 2 days later done.

After about a month, the stains are gone. The sun did its job. Glad I don’t have to spend a bunch of money on cushions.

After about a month, the stains are gone. The sun did its job. Glad I don’t have to spend a bunch of money on cushions.
Thanks for getting back here and letting us know it came out. My wife did the same thing recently on our new boat, black wrap that had been washed several times but the heat and sweat must have made it bleed onto the seat. A week later we can barely see any trace of the stain...go figure.
:thumbsup:

The market usually sells an array of stain remover solutions. A powerful yet safe stain remover can erase stain. If you don’t get rid of undesirable stains, the seats will be flawed with discoloration. You can clear out discolored surfaces but think of the additional work!

Last edited:
The market usually sells an array of stain remover solutions. A powerful yet safe stain remover can erase stain. If you don’t get rid of undesirable stains, the seats will be flawed with discoloration. You can clear out discolored surfaces but think of the additional work!

bathing suits aren’t stains, it’s dye. Sun bleaching is the only real option.

FWIW,

I have been using the Starbrite vinyl cleaner with great success to remove stains and blemishes.

Earlier in the season had some seeds from trees get in the boat and they left sticky yellow stains, the Starbrite product removed the stains very well. What that product doesn’t remove the sun does. It also helps to have a good layer of protectant on the vinyl to reduce staining / dying.

My wife had a pair of lucky jeans that had stained out Audi TT more than once. Alway I cleaned it never went away completely.
with you seat being exposed on sunlight I think that is baked in right now and you could do more damage to the vinyl than good.
I understand a brand new and everything but please remember that you own the boat not the other way around.
In our case my wife legally owns the boat, so she can legally do what she wants and I cannot complains.

Lots of direct sun works wonders. Try some of the vinyl cleaners but don't over use or overscrub. Try 2-3 days of direct sunlight -usually does the trick

As others have said, couple days in direct sun and it will usually be gone. I had a new swim suit put blue blotches all over the white seats, I was worried about how to get it out but to my surprise a couple of days in the sun later it was gone without me doing a single thing. Been my unfailing remedy ever since.

Back