• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help please! Hoping I didn’t screw up my motor

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It was on the trailer. So yeah stupid mistake. I’ll keep that in mind about the less than full.
Now I need to figure out how why there is corrosion on the engine bottoms. Looks like, somehow there is getting water in the engine compartment
Do you boat in Salt Water?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like you have a date with a scrub brush and cleaner… then silicone spray.

Then look at the FAQ section for leak chasing.. anchor locker, clean out tray, etc.. it’s a pain but well worth it.

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you have a date with a scrub brush and cleaner… then silicone spray.

Then look at the FAQ section for leak chasing.. anchor locker, clean out tray, etc.. it’s a pain but well worth it.
I don’t run with plugs in my anchor locker or the plug to the engine bay. The new relay is 10 stops away and then I’m taking it out. I will get it out on the water and see if I can find anything.
Things I’ve found to check are: locker bay for water bubbling up. Check inside hatch of clean out to see if leaked from scupper valve and exhaust ports.
I have a wire scrub brush and 2 cans of corrosionX on their way. That will be a super not fun day.
Beyond that, I’ll have my son watch the engines while running to see if cooling water is leaking.
thanks for the advice. I’ll check out the FAQ as well

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here’s a super great thread on the anchor locker drain. Its mainly the fact that the anchor locker drain allows water to get into the bilge between the hull and the top cap.

The clean out tray and how it is sealed is one of the biggest places of how much water gets in. Now the other question is, how long has it been since you replace the clean out plug seals? If the seals are bad a lot of water comes in the clean out tray area and is dependent on that 3/4” drain to get rid of. Also, water will come up through that 3/4” drain like a geyser when you slow down flooding that clean out tray area.

I’d start out with a stiff nylon brush and move up to the wire brush as needed… just let that corrosionX do its job for a while before applying elbow grease!

Unless your bilge runs all the time it’s probably not engine cooling water…