• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

High school bass tournaments i need help

Hamsamich76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here in ky they won't let my 195 fsh enter. No prop. This needs to change!! Any ides?

Is it a state rule or a specific tournament’s rule? Is it in writing or just someone with a little authority making the call? I did a quick google search and didn’t find anything that describes the expected boat to use in any of the tournaments.

Agree with the above. I looked a little and it seems there are limits to HP, safety requirements and you must have a steering wheel but I never saw anything that stated you had to have an outboard. I did see outboard called out a lot but that would be expected.

Here in ky they won't let my 195 fsh enter. No prop. This needs to change!! Any ides?

We need more information if you want assistance

MLF rules for tournaments. Theses are the rules used by the bass masters elite. They are passed down and followed by college and high school. It states that all boats must be prop driven.

MLF rules for tournaments. Theses are the rules used by the bass masters elite. They are passed down and followed by college and high school. It states that all boats must be prop driven.

Your boat is prop driven… your prop is just inside of a tunnel.. who told you that your boat is no eligible? If it is as @sunbyrned, a local yocal making the call then you need to go to a higher authority with the sanctioning body. I think there is a spirit to that ”prop driven” rule, like no air boats.

I’ve dealt with this type of situation in the past and the prejudices of the “officials”. They were usually some how connected to the industry.

Can you give us the link to the rules to help us have a look at them without having to go and find them? That would be helpful.

Not to sound stupid, but can you install a trolling motor? Would that count? I just did a quick google search and seems most bass boats on the tour have outboards and trolling? Might be a loophole...doubt it, but was trying to think outside the box.

And there you have it… some one pissed and moaned about jet drive engines and the ability to get into shallower waters. Obviously someone was a cry baby and got the rules changed.. it’s interesting that it is tied in with gas tanks and tunnel bottom boats and such. This smacks of industry (ranger) wading in to make sure those bass boats made by certain manufacturers are the only game in town.

There is an exception clause that is the rules as well. Try making an appeal to the locals while at the same time writing to BASS to get a change made. It is a RETARDED rule designed only to benefit

Buy the young man a glitter boat and a peecup. Lots of higher learnig centers with Fishing teams...

Buy the young man a glitter boat and a peecup. Lots of higher learnig centers with Fishing teams...
This is probably the way to go. Changing the rules will be a hard sell unfortunately.

Back