• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hot Tub Advice. . . .

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But can it go back in time?

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But can it go back in time?
mine does.

LOL

WARNING.

do NOT buy one of those fly-by-night infomercial hot tubs@! UNLESS you dont mid tinkering. I have one I got for free and makes me nuts.

My brother in law bought one. they enjoyed it for a couple years, but it developed a leak. they let it leak, just lived with it, but it ruined the brick patio area they made. So, He gave it to me, Because he has ZERO tinkering abilities. I spent about 7 hrs yanking,digging, grinding out expanding foam, just to find an 8 dollar jet body leaking under pressure. so for about 12 total dollars including sealant, and some jerry-rigged piping and tubing materials I Had a hot tub lol.

Now the crap part. they are made of CHEAP rotomolded plastic! it developed a crack on the area below the control panel, right next to the light..... First attempted "welding" in new plastic with a hot soldering iron. failed. so JB "water weld" held it together for a few months. Began leaking again..yanked off what I could of the JB. tried again with the hot iron... AND propane torch (dont do this lol) failed again. Added second layer of water-weld. Its been Holding for the last couple months so far!

<crosses fingers>

I know, free hot tub...but I'm sorta sick of it. IF my wife and younger son(and me) didnt enjoy it so much-i might ditch it.

Something I wasnt aware of before he gave it to me... just runs off 120. bleeds heat from the pump motor. which is economical, but SLOWW. so if its just filled, or your old dumb a$$ forget the cover and goes to bed... itll be awhile before it heats up.. I bought a fitting for the sink to run hot water into it. lol Sits outside our kitchen window on the patio.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hey hot tub question for you guys.... where do you buy you chemicals during the winter?

MIDLIFECRISIS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have a HotSprings tub now had another brand but I don't remember the brand. ADVICE: don't leave the remote where a 8month old German Shepard can get it!! Those babies are expensive!

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Got a Jacuzzi brand last year. Yeah, pricey, but awesome.

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We’ve had one for 2 years now and pretty low maintenance. We use it year round. I change the water every 2-3 months to keep it fresh, balance the Ph and add Chlorine every 3 days. That’s pretty much it.

I added a wireless TV and we have movie nights.

0D37B6FA-4EDE-4A64-B2F2-2716354EA4D9.jpeg

We sat in it last winter when it was like 2 degrees. We had frost all over our heads but we were nice and toasty!

5A8AA7C8-3FB0-45C3-95C7-B56CDC63EA2D.jpeg084E4C83-9D33-4EA4-A489-123438DFBF57.jpeg
Heck, sometimes it gets so cold my beer freezes and I have to thaw it in the tub.

8D03A0BE-60AC-4CE7-A277-4E456D9C0C49.jpeg
8D9829F5-A297-48B2-8D80-749F785F10E2.jpeg

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That sounds nice but I don't think I could enjoy it. Knowing I was going to have to dash into the house would ruin it for me.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Admiral really wants one. Getting to it from the house and back in the snow and ice is something she doesn't want to do.....:rolleyes:

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No B.S. we’re so hot 🥵 getting out it’s not cold to go from the the tub 🛁 to the house. We dry off, put a robe on and go back out to close it up. We have it close to the house so we don’t have much of a distance. I even made a ’Changing Shed’ but in reality it’s just a pee shed with a funnel and a tube.

51CDD517-B4FD-4208-85EE-3CBA72E99CCD.jpeg

Attachments

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From cinematic research, I understand it is important to have some type of aggressive boom-chicka-wow-wow music played on a mediocre Casio piped into your hot tub area for a richer experience. FYI.

:winkingthumbsup"