• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How “Made in America” is you auto?

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Measured in economic value (jobs). Location of final assembly, engine, and transmission are the primary factors.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Q7 got a 1.5 ......decidedly NOT American Made.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Happy with our 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

B1B04E00-C739-4DCA-948C-BA05022FC7B9.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Happy with our 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT
I miss mine on a semi-regular basis.

Even to the point I have an open search for a duplicate truck and rarely find them coming up for sale. Must be a lot of people out there that love them.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I take the rankings with a grain of salt. American University’s ranking is U.S. assembled vehicles using U.S./Canadian parts. Mexico is also part of NAFTA/USMCA. If one were to exclude Canadian made parts or include Mexican made parts would the rankings change?

Reminds me though of those “American made TVs”. In truth, they are assembled in the U.S., and it really is only final assembly that takes place in the U.S. All the parts, and most of the assembly takes place in Asian.

Jim

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
54.5 for Ram and 53.5 for Jeep.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I miss mine on a semi-regular basis.

Even to the point I have an open search for a duplicate truck and rarely find them coming up for sale. Must be a lot of people out there that love them.
Talked with my fleet sales guy the other day, he said their dealership is only being allocated 68 new Super Duty trucks this year. There are still supply chain issues.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Talked with my fleet sales guy the other day, he said their dealership is only being allocated 68 new Super Duty trucks this year. There are still supply chain issues.
Guess that's the new world we live in.

Really helps make the case for maintaining what you have and not buying new.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It’s the world we live in right now… things are improving. When I was in New Mexico recently near Albuquerque the container trains were passing by it seemed like every 15 minutes or so along the I-40 corridor, I would guess the same is happening along the I-10 corridor. If the governance of CA and especially So Cal could pull their heads out of their asses things would recover a lot more quickly, however that cranial impaction seems to be getting worse by leaps and bounds. However I suspect that wheels are in motion that will eventually bypass CA’s ports and eliminate that choke point permanently.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's wild to me that the automakers would do any redesign activities that don't improve manufacturing quantity and capacity. The redesign efforts should be focused largely on making more vehicles with features available.

You still can't get several features on high end trucks. It's ridiculous. I think a lot of people are waiting for incentives to come back and features to return to buy. Why would you spend 60 to 80k on a new truck that doesn't have the features your last one had?