• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How much diy marine mat from Amazon did you use? 2017 ar190

Boatchick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone who ordered the marine mat from Amazon for a 2017 AR190 tell me how much you needed for the cockpit portion?
The swim platform was already done by the previous owners and I can’t seem to match it with jetboatpilots colors so I’m thinking it’s worth diy and saving the money vs redoing it all!
Thanks so much!

Mtbguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I About to tackle this also, will keep an eye on this post. I bought the small roll on Amazon, am going to do the front and rear sections first then probably buy the wider roll for the main cockpit section.

Ufouricc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What marine mat are you going to purchase? I was thinking about doing the same, care to let me know what you get and the quality of it?

dvrice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following. Would love to any info/pics on the process. I have a 2021 SX190 and the carpet is still like new, so I am just living with it for now. As soon as it shows some wear I want to swap it out with marine mat.

One question, Are the carpet buttons screwed in or glued on? I didn't know if it would require epoxy filling screw holes.

Ufouricc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following. Would love to any info/pics on the process. I have a 2021 SX190 and the carpet is still like new, so I am just living with it for now. As soon as it shows some wear I want to swap it out with marine mat.

One question, Are the carpet buttons screwed in or glued on? I didn't know if it would require epoxy filling screw holes.
2019 ar190 and my carpet buttons are screwed in.

dvrice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I very interested in any testimonials or completed projects. I'm planning to replace the carpet on my 2021 SX190 with marine mat as an off season project this year. (I dislike stepping on the buttons as much as the better feel of marine mat over carpet)

There looks like two fairly economical options. The DIY Amazon roll of marine mat or this site has precut kits for a competitive price:

Anyone used the kit from SBT?

Thanks!

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used 2 pieces of the 3'x8', with plenty left over. Actually had enough with one piece but it would have meant part going in the opposite direction. I did not do under the bench seat (AR192) or behind the captain's seat or in the bow, because we always have the filler in place, but I think the two pieces are enough for all of that. Not perfect, but I'm happy with how it turned out. $100 solution to a $600 problem.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I very interested in any testimonials or completed projects. I'm planning to replace the carpet on my 2021 SX190 with marine mat as an off season project this year. (I dislike stepping on the buttons as much as the better feel of marine mat over carpet)

There looks like two fairly economical options. The DIY Amazon roll of marine mat or this site has precut kits for a competitive price:

Anyone used the kit from SBT?

Thanks!

My swim deck is the OEM Marine Mat. I did the interior with SeaDek. I'm not a fan of the Marine Mat, to me, it doesn't feel as comfortable underfoot as the comparable SeaDek. The Marine Mat I have is the brushed type, the SeaDek is the embossed "goosebump" pattern. The Marine Mat feels more difficult to clean, to the point that I will be removing it and replacing it with more of the matching pattern SeaDek. I do not have any input as to whether the brushed SeaDek material seems to be as difficult to clean as the Marine Mat. While the Marine Mat isn't terribly difficult to clean up, I find myself breaking out the degreaser too often, for my preferences, to get it clean. If you're more diligent than I am about only stepping foot on it with socks or bare feet, the only time you should have issues with the Marine Mat is when you bring it out of winter storage, and what's left on it from what the cover allowed under it.

All told, the interior tub ran me about $600, and the swim deck seems like it's going to run me $325. Pricing was far better when I started this project, and I thought I had purchased enough to complete the entire boat, but I cannot find any other larger pieces yet. The 40x80 sheet of SeaDek was originally $30 cheaper when I bought it, so there's an additional $60 for me to finish off the swim deck.

Can anyone who ordered the marine mat from Amazon for a 2017 AR190 tell me how much you needed for the cockpit portion?
The swim platform was already done by the previous owners and I can’t seem to match it with jetboatpilots colors so I’m thinking it’s worth diy and saving the money vs redoing it all!
Thanks so much!
I About to tackle this also, will keep an eye on this post. I bought the small roll on Amazon, am going to do the front and rear sections first then probably buy the wider roll for the main cockpit section.
These are old posts, so this may be too late, but it won't be for those following after. I do NOT recommend following others ideas of what they got. Go get whatever paper you want to use, and make your templates. You're going to have to do it anyway, and this will be a cheap introduction to what you're trying to tackle. Make your templates, making sure to note the face side, and deck side of your templates, cut them out, and then measure them all up. Go find the FREE CutList Optimizer, and enter your generic measurements (square things off, to make it easy). If you're getting something with a directional grain pattern, make note of it. CutList Optimizer will spit out a list of the pieces you will need, optimized to your project. Order your materials, decide what side you want to cut from, and start laying out your templates on the proper side and in the proper orientation.

Even if you're getting the cheaper stuff, these materials are expensive, especially if you make mistakes in cutting, so making your templates and getting a cut list will be your best method to spend the least amount while getting the proper coverage. JBP cuts his with a CNC, so his layout file is optimized for the material dimensions he's using, why wouldn't you do the same with the free tools available to you, and avoid overpaying. DIY only saves you money if you're not having to buy more than you need, or having to buy more because you made a mistake in layout of your pieces. You may find that after your first template, your view changes dramatically, and you can't envision yourself doing the entire boat, and it starts to look like a deal to pay JBP or some other manufacturer for their pre-cut kits. Paper, tape, scissors & a pencil are all you need to get a feel for how easy/difficult this endeavor will be for you.

The carpet snaps are all screwed in. I cannot stress enough just how much better it will look if you get some gelcoat patch paste from Spectrum and fill in all the holes that will be visible after Marine Mat / SeaDek / BlackTip installation. Some 3M 4200 will be sufficient to fill the holes where your mats will cover them, but many epoxies may/can yellow, especially with exposure to the sun, and it will be a cast-iron bitch to repair after your mats are installed. You may even end up having to replace a perfectly good mat just because you didn't do the proper prep. It's the key to any work of this type, and you'll also feel a whole lot more comfortable with your skills if you plan on doing other mods that may require gelcoat work. Do the snaps as practice for the time you'll need to do some work on scuffs or scrapes - it WILL happen, and these snaps are easy spots to practice, and not that large, so it'll be a lot easier to see just how well your successful patch will disappear.

joewilk44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello new to forum 2015 SX 190 could you use marine mat or comparable for lining engine bay cover and storage areas for sound ? Is this feasible is there a flammable concern has anyone attempted this ?

dvrice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just order sound dampening mat like kilmat from Amazon. Cheap and easy to install. This would be cheaper and better for dampening sound than marine mat.

joewilk44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just order sound dampening mat like kilmat from Amazon. Cheap and easy to install. This would be cheaper and better for dampening sound than marine mat.
Was thinking this would be easy to clean especially in ski locker and all storage areas your thought ?