• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use it nearly all the time when cruising. Have the system set to RPM mode (I created RPM based user for cruising) but turned off/standby while you get up on plane and to speed, dial the system's RPM setting close and power it on, move the throttles up to give it/ yourself some range to work with and your cruising in synchronized harmony. It's fantastic!

When you want the system off, throttle back and hit the power button or drop the throttles back enough the system ends the run and that's that. If the latter be the case, the system will still be on and want to take over the next time you throttle up. It all become second nature after a bit of use.
That is EXACTLY what we do. Some days I will go for hours without touching the throttles, when cruising, varying speeds between 4,000 RPM and WOT, with the throttle levers often just pushed all the way up - kind of out of the way, they never have a chance to droop, even if they wanted to, or I hit a big wave etc.

In the AR240 - synchronization and small, precise speed adjustments are impossible with the throttles - especially in rough water. Anyone who has ever taken these boats off shore will tell: how do you make small RPM adjustments running hard in rough water?? It is not possible.
On the other hand, with the R-S knob it is relatively very easy, even when you are jumping waves.

I LOVE the idea of limiting speeds for learners, I never thought of that!!!! (as @SamCF posted above - thank you!).

I also find the R-S to be particularly useful when teaching beginners to board as the "ramp" pattern can vary dramatically depending on the beginner's size/age/ability. And, with various new toys on the market, the speeds and acceleration are variable beyond what can be easily programmed as ramps into any factory system.
Here again is where the R-S knob shines! (as long as it is mounted in a readily accessible spot for easy reach) - it does a fantastic job of providing precise and comfortable control of you synched engines' speeds.

A good example of that would be with those new ZUP 2.0 boards that can ride in 4-5 different positions, changing in no particular order, each positions requiring a different speed that will also vary depending on the riders' size.
When a rider attempts a transition from one position to another, the knob is absolutely the best freaking tool.

--