• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Auto Launch feature now available for Ridesteady owners

thetwb13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We love our RideSteady unit and use it all the time. We purchased and installed ours last summer. 2 questions about the AutoLaunch CPU upgrade.

1- Is there a cost to have the CPU reprogrammed?
2- What is the approximate turnaround time to get this done? We will probably do it at the end of this season once we are done going out on the water.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We love our RideSteady unit and use it all the time. We purchased and installed ours last summer. 2 questions about the AutoLaunch CPU upgrade.

2- What is the approximate turnaround time to get this done? We will probably do it at the end of this season once we are done going out on the water.
Yes, it's on their website: https://www.hydrophase.com/content/ridesteady-autolaunch-upgrade
$169

Between taking mine out, sending out USPS from WI, it was about two weeks. However that was April.

Great service and AL is amazing to use. I don't work for RS :)

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I thought for sure this wasn't a needed upgrade. However, after either about getting my arms yanked off or shouting to speed up to my wife, I think this may be an off season upgrade. So quick clarifying question, when using the auto launch do you push the throttles all the way forward? I envision it would be tough to try and control without it being all the way forward. Just curious.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, it's on their website: https://www.hydrophase.com/content/ridesteady-autolaunch-upgrade
$169

Between taking mine out, sending out USPS from WI, it was about two weeks. However that was April.

Great service and AL is amazing to use. I don't work for RS :)
Do you find that you’re able to push it past the set speed if you push the throttles too far/fast? I feel like I still have to have some finesse or it overshoots a lot.
I probably need to calibrate more carefully and play with the other settings. I never have any time out on the water to experiment much.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

1 - https://www.hydrophase.com/content/ridesteady-autolaunch-upgrade (I prefer not to post prices as they could change)
2 - We aim to get units turned around within a week of arriving here. Sometimes sooner.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought for sure this wasn't a needed upgrade. However, after either about getting my arms yanked off or shouting to speed up to my wife, I think this may be an off season upgrade. So quick clarifying question, when using the auto launch do you push the throttles all the way forward? I envision it would be tough to try and control without it being all the way forward. Just curious.
Yes, you would push the throttles full forward from the start.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you find that you’re able to push it past the set speed if you push the throttles too far/fast? I feel like I still have to have some finesse or it overshoots a lot.
I probably need to calibrate more carefully and play with the other settings. I never have any time out on the water to experiment much.
As soon as you push the throttles somewhat forward, the ramp up to speed begins. Since the throttles always set the maximum speed Ridesteady is allowed to go, if you don't push the throttles full forward from the beginning, you're somewhat defeating the auto launch functionality.

I would recommend trying it (with no one behind the boat) a couple times to see how it works. You only want to take a second or two to go from idle to full throttle with the throttles (but you should get a ramp up to the set speed, not full acceleration [unless "accel" is set high in the user]).

And remember, the USER has to be set to use auto launch (i.e. AL1+GPS or AL2+GPS).

It should flash AL1 or AL2 where "GPS" is on the main screen when auto launch is active.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Correct, and your reasons are the reason I purchased. My wife just pushes the throttles forward and the RS controls the throttle speed and pop out of the water and the speed it takes to get to set speed.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
There's an overshoot setting within RS that you can monkey with. Honestly, the overshoot with AL is much less than it was without, just because AL is controlling the ramp up to that speed vs. my wife.

The other thing that seems to impact overshoot is GPS service and, with AL enabled, the ballast in the boat at the time of calibration vs. time of use.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is your turn time still about a week ? Want to send it to you Monday with the hope we have it back by the 25th.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mannnnnnn now you guys are making me wanna do it. My wife is heading out of town soon. Boat could be down for a few and it wouldn't really matter. Fighting hard to just wait until the end of the season. LOL!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
As soon as you push the throttles somewhat forward, the ramp up to speed begins. Since the throttles always set the maximum speed Ridesteady is allowed to go, if you don't push the throttles full forward from the beginning, you're somewhat defeating the auto launch functionality.

I would recommend trying it (with no one behind the boat) a couple times to see how it works. You only want to take a second or two to go from idle to full throttle with the throttles (but you should get a ramp up to the set speed, not full acceleration [unless "accel" is set high in the user]).

And remember, the USER has to be set to use auto launch (i.e. AL1+GPS or AL2+GPS).

It should flash AL1 or AL2 where "GPS" is on the main screen when auto launch is active.
Got this dialed in much better this weekend. Nice smooth acceleration now.
I had to set the accel super low for our wake foil though, probably because I suck.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got this dialed in much better this weekend. Nice smooth acceleration now.
I had to set the accel super low for our wake foil though, probably because I suck.
Glad to hear it, @AZMark ! You're probably better than you think you are... :D

johnso30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got mine last month for new AR250 that just came in at end of June. Hoping to install it this weekend. Had the non-Autolaunch version previously. I’m excited to play around with the new features!

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am pretty sure I will be getting this system next year when the group buy happens and the funds for modifications are replenished. We just got our kids up on water skis and feel like the hardest part was controlling the acceleration. Really looking forward to the system..... next year.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am pretty sure I will be getting this system next year when the group buy happens and the funds for modifications are replenished. We just got our kids up on water skis and feel like the hardest part was controlling the acceleration. Really looking forward to the system..... next year.
We'll be here when you're ready, @The Canuck !

If you want updates on when we announce future group buys, just subscribe to the previous year's threads (2023, in this case).