• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know some of you enjoy cigars - share!

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So, had a stroke in December. The neurologist says drink bourbon, smoke cigars, enjoy life before the next one hits. My cardio doc says I need to stop drinking and smoking cigars before the next one hits. Ha! 🤷‍♂️

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, had a stroke in December. The neurologist says drink bourbon, smoke cigars, enjoy life before the next one hits. My cardio doc says I need to stop drinking and smoking cigars before the next one hits. Ha! 🤷‍♂️
"Doc, it hurts when I do this"

"Well, don't do that"

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What brand is that? Is it available in the states?
We just imported them in, they are unbranded as of this batch, I am currently working with the factory owner, whos become a good customer and friend. He make cigars for 3 major cigar brand here in the states. These new ones are one of his best sellers in Costa Rica.
I am going to bring in a few thousand brand as "Slow Burn", band art will show the transom of a Yamaha with a guy sunburnt smoking one. His company name is awaiting copyright and approval.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We just imported them in, they are unbranded as of this batch, I am currently working with the factory owner, whos become a good customer and friend. He make cigars for 3 major cigar brand here in the states. These new ones are one of his best sellers in Costa Rica.
I am going to bring in a few thousand brand as "Slow Burn", band art will show the transom of a Yamaha with a guy sunburnt smoking one. His company name is awaiting copyright and approval.
Let us know when they’re available. I’m in! Looks like a great smoke.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure the name on the transom is something like "Yumuhaw" and I'm sure it'll be fine 😜

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewkaree yours are sitting on the pick up loading docks now waiting for UPS
My UPS and Amazon drivers have been beyond annoying me lately. I think they're going through hiring changes, as I have a black trash can (empty, never used for trash) and notes within both systems for those shippers for them to put all packages in there.

I'll let my neighbor know to keep a lookout for it this weekend, thanks for the heads up. If it were FedEx, I would hope at least the label made it 😆

CigarJeff68

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Happy Father's Day to all the cigar smoking/loving Dad's out there! Hope you have a great day with the kids! If you get out on the water 🌊, have a spectacular day! I'm starting my day off with a Nub Nuance Double Roast and a coffee. Also figuring out the new Alpha Gear Raptor Pro smartwatch my daughter gave me!
IMG_20240616_094139268.jpgIMG_20240616_094148428.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I forgot to post this last week, so we'll throw it in with this post. @CigarJeff68 sent me a few sticks as well, and I've started to dive into them. I need to address a problem with my "home" humidor that I'll detail a bit in my next post.

This is the Rocky Patel Prohibition Mexican version. I've forgotten what I read about it, and it really sucks that it's not in production anymore, but it reminds me of a Te Amo Maduro I've had in the past. Given that the Te Amo was a Mexican Maduro as well, I'd assume that they share similar origins.

Very nice smoke, I had this for "lunch", and the strength for it was perfect (just below a half strength for what I tend to smoke). I like stronger smokes later in the day, or after a nice dinner, so this was perfect with my version of "coffee" (Monster Java Mocha). No splits, but did need a few relights due to the pack I transported it in.

At this point, I hadn't gotten my weights for that Stinky Jr, and the length of the cigar had me keeping an eye on it until I smoked it down a bit. All that concern for stability is now gone, as shown in the next few pics

1000023061.jpg

Some 5-minute epoxy and tungsten weights, and the Stinky Jr is perfect to me. @CigarJeff68 I'd go this route if you have similar concerns after using it for a bit now. If they had made the base about an inch wider, I would bet this would be a supremely stable personal ashtray. The weights have added the stability that can't be added to the current finished product. I've lost the savings, but I gained a much improved product in a perfect size.

1000023060.jpg

1000023059.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So... The "humidor" that I have at home is an old non-working fridge. In your local grocery store, at the checkout counters, the soda companies have fridges set up for you to grab a cold drink. I have 2 of those, side by side, with one that works, and the other one is my humidor.

As near as I can figure, the working one added, aided, supplemented or whatever, contributing to the humidity of the non-operational one. There are holes for drainage, and when I set it up for use as a humidor, I never had to fiddle with sealing it up, as it maintained humidity quite well. My theory about the other working fridge being a contributing factor is due to the condition of my smokes after the working fridge went tits up on me recently, and everything slowly getting crackly and wrappers starting to split when I cut a cigar, etc etc.

All my smokes in sealed Pelican-style cases are perfectly fine, so I have some work to do sealing up the old fridge and putting my Cigar Oasis back into operation, and things should get back to normal. In the meantime, the sticks from @CigarJeff68 and the others that are in sealed cases are fine, and will get me through. I had always planned to add a cedar lining or something to this fridge, so now I have a reason to open it up and set it up the way I should have from the beginning. I need to track down a new gasket for the door to eliminate future issues, and I need to figure out a way to run a power strip to the inside, finally, but none of these things are difficult.

If I can remember to take pics during the process, I'll post them. At the very least, I'll get before and after shots when I tackle this. I have other things to address around the house, so this may get moved to fall/winter, and I'll move my sticks back to my old mini fridges.

Meantime, while waiting for the epoxy to dry on the weights for the Stinky Jr, I had to bust out the monstrosity from a package deal of Diesel Whisky Row cigars. It came with a lighter and this ashtray, along with a 5 or 10 pack of cigars. I kept this, but you can see how ridiculous the size of the ashtray is. It's perfect for a barrel top, but I don't have a barrel, sooo...

Anyhoo, from today's smoke, courtesy of @CigarJeff68 ,a Mark Twain The Press. Another awesome smoke, very mild and creamy. I enjoyed everything about this stick except the stupid band. It looks like 2 separate bands, but it's one band, with cuts to make it look like 2, and those are always a PITA for me when trying to remove them. I've had other Twains, and they're all a good consistent smoke. Perfect for the golf course, sharing with others, great smokes any time of the day.

Thankfully, after the 24-hour cure, I'll have this dinner plate ashtray back to reserve duty. Until then, stop laughing 😄

1000023012.jpg

On deck for tomorrow, the Punch in this shot with the black band and red trim. That Liga Privada was my indicator to my issues, so I'm trying to see how far it got. If it's smokeable this weekend, I caught things in time. I got my fingers crossed!

1000022825.jpg

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My UPS and Amazon drivers have been beyond annoying me lately. I think they're going through hiring changes, as I have a black trash can (empty, never used for trash) and notes within both systems for those shippers for them to put all packages in there.

I'll let my neighbor know to keep a lookout for it this weekend, thanks for the heads up. If it were FedEx, I would hope at least the label made it 😆
Well. My shipping/ receiving guy here at work, sent your package to docks for export, it was caught and politely given back to my dock driver. I have the new label and box set to be resent to you. Ill email you it. I am sorry for the delay

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1000023075.jpg

Brunch cigar to accompany me while I slave over the smoker creating pulled smoked ham 😄. Another one from @CigarJeff68 ,a Bolivar Cofradia, I believe. Perfect strength, smooth and creamy with hints of spiciness throughout the smoke. It never complained through many relights, as we're setting up for a party tomorrow. I would definitely consider adding a 5-10 pack of these, although I'm not certain on availability or price. These would make an excellent next step for a new cigar smoker, and something to start trying to pull out flavor notes.

The Stinky Jr is rock solid with the added weights, and I'm glad to retire the Diesel ashtray. The bowl of that is cast iron, and rust is hard to deal with. I may be sending it to a neighbor for his boathouse bar, if I can find the missing cigar rest on it that came out, and is likely lost for the ages.

Well. My shipping/ receiving guy here at work, sent your package to docks for export, it was caught and politely given back to my dock driver. I have the new label and box set to be resent to you. Ill email you it. I am sorry for the delay
No worries, it's probably a good thing, as it would have been sitting in the rain this week, and possibly destroyed, if recent shipments were any indication of the ability to follow directions by our delivery people. Dinging the drivers in review requests seem to be making improvements, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Regardless, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you thinking of me and including me for promoting your customer's products and business venture!

RNYCLV

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a problem at all... I did wrap them individually and place them in sealed plastic too as a just in case. The are surrounded by biodegradable packing peanuts and in a brown box. Wanted to make sure they arrived in good condition.