• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

I know some of you enjoy cigars - share!

I would like to send a huge "Thank You!" to @drewkaree for introducing me to www.cigarpage.com. I received my 3rd order from them a week or so back and again they did not disappoint! I ordered the Rocky Patel Poundtown Exclusivo 24-Cigar Medley and 20 more Nub Nuance Triple Roast 460's (these are becoming one of my favorite cigars) for the very good price of just $3.41 per stick.

IMG_20240722_200540581.jpg

Not sure how I fit all these into my humidors, but magically I did. I have been slowly trying them out, and the ones that I have tried I have enjoyed them immensely. So now I'm smoking a cigar every night or two out on the front porch with the dog for company as referenced in a picture a few posts back.. We've been going out so much, that she now stands by the front door every night waiting for me to head out for our evening ritual.

Hope everyone has a great weekend on the water enjoying a cigar or 6!!!

Sorry for not being on lately, been a rough couple weeks... They found another mass behind my wife's right ear, shes been in treatment for the colon cancer and things were looking up. However she has been complaining of pain in her neck and hearing loss in her right ear. We went and got her looked at, they just did a biopsy and took some xrays. Haven't really been out on the boat or smoking much lately, but hope we get some good news soon and we can start to move forward again. Sorry @CigarJeff68 I did not forget about you, I have been in a funk with all this going on and just havent been able to get your things out. I will, I promise....

Sorry for not being on lately, been a rough couple weeks... They found another mass behind my wife's right ear, shes been in treatment for the colon cancer and things were looking up. However she has been complaining of pain in her neck and hearing loss in her right ear. We went and got her looked at, they just did a biopsy and took some xrays. Haven't really been out on the boat or smoking much lately, but hope we get some good news soon and we can start to move forward again. Sorry @CigarJeff68 I did not forget about you, I have been in a funk with all this going on and just havent been able to get your things out. I will, I promise....
Do NOT feel sorry, the health & well being of your wife is way more important than sending me a couple of cigars.
You concentrate on getting your wife through this, and then we celebrate with a cigar!
Send prayers your way!!

I've been negligent in posting up my recent smokes, but I've finally been able to get some spare time to enjoy them, and at least I got the pics!

@CigarJeff68 got me these first 2, and I think he's enjoyed them both - nice picks for both (and I gotta get some of these new smokes into your hands!)

1000024866.jpg

1000024791.jpg

A perennial fave of mine, the Perdomo Lot 23, and then their 20th Anniversary that is just an absolute gorgeous smoke, if only I could swing a box purchase, the 20th is a must try, IMO

1000024477.jpg

1000025142.jpg

1000025141.jpg

The Oscar (Vallardes?) 2012 barber pole again, only better humidity on this one, and it's worth the experience to try a barber pole. The Asylum Ogre is better, to me, but not as easy to obtain, so this is a nice change of pace.

Tonight, I had a first for me - a bad LFD. Nothing wrong with the smoke itself, but this robusto size was a complete PITA to keep lit, and while talking with @FSH 210 Sport I found myself continually having to babysit the thing, relight, and just generally have it turn into a chore to smoke. Definitely enjoy the Toro or Gordo size more than this one

1000025530.jpg

Finally for today, I wholeheartedly recommend Southern Draw. The Rose Of Sharon was a knockout, and I may be on the lookout for a box of those!

I was thinking of @WiskyDan when I had the Jacob's Ladder, and Dan, if you want to try one, let me know, and I'll have one in your hands next time we meet up!

1000025465.jpg

1000025467.jpg

1000025497.jpg

@RNYCLV I hope your wife is doing well, and you guys have been able to get out on the water. If I could transport you guys here for some relaxation and mindless fun, I'd do it in a second, keep us posted if there's anything we can do, even if it's just to post nonsense for some brain relief!

@Coult45 I need you to stop by and help me with these crappy pics. I know it's not as awe inspiring as the so-so egrets, but your skills are really making me aware of how bad my Jitterbug phone is at capturing how great these cigars look in person 😄

I'm kind of an a-hole about tobacco use, so I stay off this thread so I'm not tempted to get up on my soapbox. Your pictures aren't terrible, but please stop using your camera flash. Find a small lamp with a red shade to bring out the color of the cigar, the wood, and the ashtray. And FFS, slide your white balance a little toward the warm side. The ash in the tray should not be the hero of your story.

I was thinking of @WiskyDan when I had the Jacob's Ladder, and Dan, if you want to try one, let me know, and I'll have one in your hands next time we meet up!

All you 1%’ers are too sophisticated for me but I do have experience with cigars from when I was a wee lad…..

These were my favorite……the Gold Dragon was a nice chew with a great finish…..the El Bubble was a bit too bland but a decent aftertaste……the Pink Owl was outstanding with just enough tartness and the flavor didn’t disappear after a few chews.

F401C471-25C0-4A8F-80A1-F15AA45D9986.jpeg

As I matured I found another great chew which matched up well with my advanced palate…..

382DC0A4-0381-4D02-8F9B-084882899429.jpeg

Is the Jacob’s Ladder good? I know absolutely nothing about cigars but decided to give them a try to pair with the bourbons and scotch that I like. It was recommended that I pair a Jacob’s Ladder with some EH Taylor, so I purchased 2 yesterday to try.

Is the Jacob’s Ladder good? I know absolutely nothing about cigars but decided to give them a try to pair with the bourbons and scotch that I like. It was recommended that I pair a Jacob’s Ladder with some EH Taylor, so I purchased 2 yesterday to try.

If you are NOT a "regular" cigar smoker, I would not smoke it on an empty stomach. There will be a decent nicotine hit that you may attribute to the bourbon, but I assure you that swimming feeling in your head will be at least partially due to the cigar. Eat something beforehand, and enjoy it without reservation or concern with your bourbon afterwards

I definitely like it. Not sure of your palate or what you will experience, or which EH Taylor you got. I've only had the small batch version of their bourbon, but if that's what you got, the Jacob's Ladder will be a similar experience. I wasn't a fan of the small batch, as it seemed to be spicier than I like in a bourbon due to the rye, but I can definitely tell it's a tasty drink for those who do like that in their bourbon. If you got a different version of their bourbon, see if someone else has done a review to see what you're in for, and compare it to the small batch reviews for an idea of whether it will be a similar experience

The cigar has flashes of spiciness, but it isn't a spicy bomb, so I really enjoyed it. If it didn't have ANY spice (mainly black pepper), I would quickly buy a box, as I think it's a great smoke even with the hints of pepper - VERY similar to the bourbon.

It's a personal experience, but I think you'll like it. If not, send me some of the EH Taylor and I'll send you a smoke to pair with it 😄

I've gotta replace the yellow light on my porch to be able to get better pics, but I'm not willing to endure the onslaught of bugs that would result from a white bulb, so I'll have to either give up on better pics, or start donating blood via mosquito attack for my horrible attempts at photography.

Had an AJ Fernandez New World today during some great conversation time with @FSH 210 Sport AJ produces some great smokes, and I haven't come across anything from him yet, that wasn't a good experience. Not blowing my socks off with everything, but very consistent, and a reliable brand to purchase IMO.

This was from Cigar Page, and a great price to try it out. Would buy again, and would recommend for a nice midday smoke with friends

1000025557.jpg

If you are NOT a "regular" cigar smoker, I would not smoke it on an empty stomach. There will be a decent nicotine hit that you may attribute to the bourbon, but I assure you that swimming feeling in your head will be at least partially due to the cigar. Eat something beforehand, and enjoy it without reservation or concern with your bourbon afterwards

I definitely like it. Not sure of your palate or what you will experience, or which EH Taylor you got. I've only had the small batch version of their bourbon, but if that's what you got, the Jacob's Ladder will be a similar experience. I wasn't a fan of the small batch, as it seemed to be spicier than I like in a bourbon due to the rye, but I can definitely tell it's a tasty drink for those who do like that in their bourbon. If you got a different version of their bourbon, see if someone else has done a review to see what you're in for, and compare it to the small batch reviews for an idea of whether it will be a similar experience

The cigar has flashes of spiciness, but it isn't a spicy bomb, so I really enjoyed it. If it didn't have ANY spice (mainly black pepper), I would quickly buy a box, as I think it's a great smoke even with the hints of pepper - VERY similar to the bourbon.

It's a personal experience, but I think you'll like it. If not, send me some of the EH Taylor and I'll send you a smoke to pair with it 😄

Definitely not a regular. Purchased my first cigars about 2 months ago and I’ve only smoked 4-5 trying to figure out what I like. This is the list that was made for me by some folks at my local cigar shops. Any thoughts on the pairings?

IMG_4776.jpeg

Back