• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I need workout music.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In an effort to change my ways I've been on the bicycle in the basement every day of 2021. This is good and bad.

I'm already feeling better, but my generic workout music list from Spotify is growing stale already.

Looking for good heavy motivation music. Rap with tons of profanity or vulgarity is out, as is country (I'll take some crossover if it has a fast beat and/or good motivation message).

Help me out JB.net get me some music to keep me motivated. Have about 40lbs to get to goal weight!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
In an effort to change my ways I've been on the bicycle in the basement every day of 2021. This is good and bad.

I'm already feeling better, but my generic workout music list from Spotify is growing stale already.

Looking for good heavy motivation music. Rap with tons of profanity or vulgarity is out, as is country (I'll take some crossover if it has a fast beat and/or good motivation message).

Help me out JB.net get me some music to keep me motivated. Have about 40lbs to get to goal weight!
We just got Apple Fit+. I just started rowing and it is awesome. They have workouts in 10-20-30 min increments and it’s all paired directly to different playlists of you choice. All different levels of impact depending on what you want to accomplish. Not sure if you’re an apple person but it has kept me way more motivated than just sitting down in the basement staring at the wall or watching the news!
That being said... we did have to get an additional Apple TV and a new Gen watch for the wife... damn you apple for taking my money!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any way to setup a TV to watch something while on the bike? I find if I have a TV show series queued up, or good movies ready to go it makes the time fly by.

As for Spotify playlists, one thing to look at (at least on the Android app) is under: Search -> Workout -> Running section, they have playlists for songs that have the same BPM. Some of those have a good mix on them and can help keep the tempo going from song to song. Outside that here's a few that I like, but depends on your musical tastes: Run Wild and Workout Beats

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bare with me, I screenshot my workout playlist, some of it has some hardcore rap like DMX but most of it is great if you have Spotify to just create a new playlist! If you have Sirius XM channel 41 (Turbo) is great too.B2515B26-5D4E-4F5D-B3A0-21EE9B33E3DE.pngFB441EC9-E0AB-4629-86CD-F6F5409D83F5.pngB0CF2DE0-8EA1-4041-AD1B-E849715BA5AE.png55895E88-7B12-429A-A1DA-13EC1C7B362C.png5350DD77-ABEA-4A6F-BB4F-CCA62EEAC842.pngB79223E1-6D31-4511-B6B4-48937CAE335C.png

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Acard7 Are you using Spotify? If so can you just share that list? If not, no biggie, I can recreate on my device later from the screenshots.

@RightStuff No way I'm setting up a TV. I'm riding rollers, and if I lose concentration I'm coming off of them.....Often that ends in injury or damage to equipment and home. I like that the rollers keep me involved and fully active instead of turning the time on the bike into a straight sufferfest. Also let me know when I'm pushing too hard/fast, as my form starts to suffer and I get REALLY wobbly. Usually a good indication to calm down for a minute or two.

@GiddYupJoe I'm not an apple guy. We're mostly a google household. Although I have a couple apps that let me layover other workouts with a playlist of my choice. Those work well for the evening when I'm doing other movements and working on other areas of the body. I've considered trying to find some spin classes to listen to, like Youtube or somewhere like that. I really just need the coaches music, and timing on when to add resistance and that sort of thing. Don't have to really watch them. I'm totally open to that solution as well, just haven't found a good one yet.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, keep 'em coming.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Acard7 Are you using Spotify? If so can you just share that list? If not, no biggie, I can recreate on my device later from the screenshots.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, keep 'em coming.
I own all my music via iTunes on my iPhone otherwise I would’ve shared that with you sorry!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good on ya for getting going on a program!

Music is pretty selective to most people.... having said that I used to do 2 hours at a time on an eliptical when I was training for racing. Never wanted tv’s I just use the theater of the mind. When I listened to tapes that I had made myself I could judge where in my workout I was just by the songs. Higher intensity songs =intervals.

My favs were:

Megadeath all albums
Aerosmith older albums, Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic, Rocks
Ted Nugent
Y&T
The Cars
Oingo Biongo high energy stuff here!
Van Halen