• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I Wish...

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I wish Yamaha made a boat minus the jet engines but had a Yamaha outboard. Any similar alternatives. I live by all salt water and don't wanna buy a lift or have to trailer back and forth ..

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once you take away the jet engines, I would say the Yamaha's aren't anything special. You could buy a higher quality boat with an Outboard. Plus there are many different styles and layouts then at your disposal. Many nice swim decks coming out and out there. And the outboard Center Consoles are very nice. As I have looked around, I see boats that have some pretty cool features and upgrades. I prefer the Jet engines now, if I lived near the oceans, etc., I would personally be looking at other brands as well, if that is all I was going to boat in.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wish Yamaha made a boat minus the jet engines but had a Yamaha outboard. Any similar alternatives. I live by all salt water and don't wanna buy a lift or have to trailer back and forth ..
This has been covered a few times with photos. Yamaha does manufacture boats with Yamaha outboards. They choose to not distribute them in the US due to the competition and not stepping on the toes of the boat MFG's that they contract their motors to.

If you care to see them, go to the Yamaha Boat sites in Asia, you will be amazed at the range of sizes from small center consoles, to 30'+ cruisers, all with Yamaha outboards.

2022-10-11 09_27_30-SR330 - Product Library - Product Library _ YAMAHA MOTOR CO., LTD. and 11 ...png

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There's enough manufacturers out there that there's no reason to buy a Yamaha that's got an outboard IMO.

eastcoaster

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The very reason I bought a used 24' ft centre console. Wanted a Yamaha OB but best deal was with a 250 Evinrude etec. Handles the rough stuff better, faster, more fuel efficient and easy to maintain.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Anyone have any suggestions of a brand that the boat design is similar to the jet boats but with a Yamaha outboard..

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Other brands boats are subject to personal taste, but for about the same money I like Chaparral and Robalo boats. Both come with Yamaha outboards.

Jim

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone have any suggestions of a brand that the boat design is similar to the jet boats but with a Yamaha outboard..
I’ve pondered your question before. As much as love those sexy cc’s the thing I always come back to is the loss of the swim deck. This leaves the obvious solution to be an I/O with a swim deck.

I love the Sōlace 41 but I’m not a millionaire so that’s out lol! But that design with the swim deck looks damn sexy. Not sure if there any I/O boats out there like that. So that brings it back to a cc or does it?

Have you looked at the Grady White 218? Pretty cool little boat with a cabin.

A lot depends on your budget and your location to water. If I lived on the water I’d still want a lift, if you don’t live near water you’ll have to trailer unless you slip the boat, without a lift you’ll leave your boat in a corrosive soup that will wreak havoc over time on your boat.

Equally important is what your boat will be used for. If you mainly fish a cc is in order or a nice dual console.

If you tell us your budget we will gladly help you spend your money lol!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If I boated in saltwater, I'd buy something with outboards too. But I don't and we love the big open swimplatform, so I went with Yamaha.

There are many good brands out there with outboards, all the way from the top end like Cobalt, down to midrange Four Winns, and to the entry level range like Bayliner. If I was buying an outboard boat today, I'd probably look at something like the Four Winns HD3 OB or similar.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think the op should check out scarabs and chapperals (sp?). Both make or made jet boats that are or were based on their inboard / outboard models.

Croker

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Have a look at a Sea Ray. The 24/25ft is very popular in our area they come with inboard and outboard config.
We use our Yam exclusively in salt water and haven't had any issue yet.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a regal 29 OBX with twin Yamahas. They make a 26 OBX with a single engine. I love the boat. The OBX has a nice swim platform too that wraps around the engine so it’s not dead space with the outboard.