• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Igloo’s new line of electric ice chests

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got this info from an email from igloo today. These are compressor style coolers that don’t draw too much current. I’m thinking the 18 size would be nice for most of my outings and it’s .8a draw would be ideal. Their price point isn’t that much higher than some of the high end high performance coolers.

I wonder where their new electric coolers are made? I have a 32 quart IceCo (purchased on Amazon a couple of years ago) that looks very similiar to the new Igloo ICF32 and at the same price point. The IceCo (made in China) has a Secop (Danfoss) compressor like the high end coolers. Am wondering if they also use the same compressor in the new Igloos, as they seem pretty efficient?

Make sure the 18 quart is big enough. The 32 quart isn’t really that much bigger and only $100 more.

Jim

I wonder where their new electric coolers are made? I have a 32 quart IceCo (purchased on Amazon a couple of years ago) that looks very similiar to the new Igloo ICF32 and at the same price point. The IceCo (made in China) has a Secop (Danfoss) compressor like the high end coolers. Am wondering if they also use the same compressor in the new Igloos, as they seem pretty efficient?

Make sure the 18 quart is big enough. The 32 quart isn’t really that much bigger and only $100 more.

Jim

For me its the exterior dimensions of the chest, I want something less than 14” wide. That way it will fit behind my 22 gallon aux tank on the engine hatch while cruising.

I have a 45 QT Whynter electric ice chest that I got off of amazon a couple years back, it works great especially the rapid freeze setting, this thing does not mess around.
Amazon.com Its a bit heavy but you just load the baskets up and put them in the cooler once you have it where you want. Want to move it? Just take the baskets out and its easily doable…

Just about all of these types of products are hecho in chino these days..

Last edited:
Igloo still makes some of their hard sided coolers in Katy, Texas, but it seems that most of their products are made in China.

The electric coolers are heavy, but heck so is my smaller hard Yeti, seems to weigh almost as much as my cheap cooler filled!

My most recent cooler is a soft sided RTIC that I got for Christmas. Small enough and light enough for beverages although I will likely use freezer blocks with it.

Jim

Igloo still makes some of their hard sided coolers in Katy, Texas, but it seems that most of their products are made in China.

The electric coolers are heavy, but heck so is my smaller hard Yeti, seems to weigh almost as much as my cheap cooler filled!

My most recent cooler is a soft sided RTIC that I got for Christmas. Small enough and light enough for beverages although I will likely use freezer blocks with it.

Jim

As a promotion from when I bought my last truck, I received an Otter, as in Otter Box, brand high performance cooler, that thing is heavy for an empty cooler. It does work good, I filled it with I think 44 pounds of ice before heading out to Lake Oahe to go Salmon fishing and I wanted to use my built in fish box for the first time. It held the ice perfectly for well over 24 hours before I got to the lake and dumped it into my fish box. I can see using it with dry ice to keep a bunch of frozen stuff frozen for several days.

There is a website that shows American made ice chests here; 18 Best Coolers Made in the USA (2024 Hands-on Tested) - All American Made

Had our Dometic for a few years now and we do love having it onboard. Once commissioned in the Spring, it is one of the first pieces of galley equipment installed. We have the dual zone version, ref/fzr. We eat dinner at the boat frequently and having this on the boat, with a Ninja air fryer are two pieces of equipment we have grown used to. I mean real Ice cubes trays.
It is heavy and I carry it empty.

Oh yea, we also like our Igloo 94 qt ice chest. Electric would be nice, but not for a 39 yo, 18’ Whaler.

Last edited:
This is good for the 18q, you can use it as freezer to keep freezing ice blocks and use boat cooler to store food/catch etc for longer trips so you have lots of space.

Got this info from an email from igloo today. These are compressor style coolers that don’t draw too much current. I’m thinking the 18 size would be nice for most of my outings and it’s .8a draw would be ideal. Their price point isn’t that much higher than some of the high end high performance coolers.

32 QT $499, pricey but worth considering.

32 QT $499, pricey but worth considering.

Yes, pricey at $500, but if you sign up for the promotions you get 10% off, so you could save $50, not a whole lot but it does take a little of the sting out.

If you’ve never used a compressor style electric ice chest then you’d be pretty amazed at how well they work. They’re especially nice on longer trips in that you don’t have to keep going to the store to get ice or have water in the bottom of your cooler, or as @fatboyroy states you can use it to freeze bottles of water to use in a regular ice chest. When we were at Lake Powell a couple of years back that’s exactly what we were doing with our 150 qt cooler we kept all the drinks in.

While it would take a long time for ROI, and I don’t look at it that way, it does gall me that “convenience“ stores charge $8 for a 20# bag of ice, when I can get 24# of ice at Sam’s club for $1.85.

I still like the idea of Igloo 18 QT for the boat, it’s relatively small and doest draw much current.

I was just looking at the Whynter units on Amazon and discovered this thinner but wider and taller 45 QT, didn’t see that one before, had I seen this one I may have bought this one since it would easily fit behind the helm seat on my boat. The 45 would be better suited for days when I have guests.

45 QT Slim fit Whynter

I don’t know exactly how effective this bag is but I bought one with the assumption that another layer of insulation would be helpful when it’s hotter or especially if in the sun.
Outer insulation bag for 45 QT units and up

34 QT Wynter

Back