• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting Jetboat related Car and Driver article

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It is really too bad that the 210 FSH Sport did not come with the 1.8’s… having said that, that is the fastest I’ve seen one of these boats go.

7089CAE1-58E8-4851-B0ED-487609E84DA0.jpeg

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I saw this article too. A few errors!!

I am curious to see the HP from a 1.9L SVHO. If the same 38-39% power increase holds like the SHO 1.8 (180 HP) to the 1.8 SVHO (250 HP).
The 1.9 SVHO should be around +/-275HP. I would imagine they could factory tune to 300HP?? Maybe?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As an MR1 guy, it's cute to see that in 15 years and with nearly doubled the displacement Yamaha found another 20-30hp. Do my MR1s sound like very buzzy bees in my ears? Yes,.and I'm sure these motors don't as much. Still funny to me.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As an MR1 guy, it's cute to see that in 15 years and with nearly doubled the displacement Yamaha found another 20-30hp. Do my MR1s sound like very buzzy bees in my ears? Yes,.and I'm sure these motors don't as much. Still funny to me.
Not just the HP, it's the torque that comes with it. They're about 2k fewer revs to make more power. Which means there's more area under the torque curve to use. Keeps the buzz (revs) down, and moves more water through a smaller nozzle with a higher pitched impeller.

Wonder what efficiency looks like between the two?

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not just the HP, it's the torque that comes with it. They're about 2k fewer revs to make more power. Which means there's more area under the torque curve to use. Keeps the buzz (revs) down, and moves more water through a smaller nozzle with a higher pitched impeller.

Wonder what efficiency looks like between the two?
No idea, I'm sure the larger motors are better at partial throttle, the MR1s have to spin up to like 6000rpm ish (give or take 1000rpm) before the boats are up and kinda on plane. I would wager that the larger engines get on plane at lower rpms and are likely more efficient there, though I think I saw somewhere that the MR1 had a higher max efficiency number. Not sure, but pretty sure boattest found that.