• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Wash on/off valve

JC330

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick question about the jet wash on/off valve that is located under the rear platform hatch on my FSH 210. Should I only turn the jet valve into the "on" position when using the jet wash or can it be kept on all the time without creating other issues?

Last edited:
I just keep it on.

Great - thank you . I will do the same.

I know this is an old thread but I found it searching for help, so I thought I'd add my comment here. I've had mine in the on position for the last two years but only just now realized that I've had a leak in the coupler immediately before the through-hull fixture. It has been filling my hull with water and I couldn't figure out the source. I can, and should fix the coupler but the easiest solve is to shut off the valve since I never use this feature anyway. Closed it this weekend and I now have a dry hull (after doing the anchor locker fix and re-sealing all of the drain plug fixtures). So leave it on if you choose but if you're not using the sprayer I'd definitely recommend turning it off. Why add the pressure to fixtures you're not using?

What/where is this valve? And what position should it be in?

Pretty sure the manual says to leave it in the off position unless you are using it, but before I did my upgrade I had left it on.

I upgraded my raw water wash down system by adding an electric pump, so there is considerably more pressure on that slip fitting that I think you are talking about. I too had a bit of a leak there after I had put in the electric pump, I pulled that fitting apart and put it back together again a few times to get it to seat properly, then no leaks.

And like you I went through all the leak fixing, anchor locker drain etc… and I now have no water coming out of hull at the end of the day most of the time. I think I have a leak somewhere on the deck, if I wash the deck down a bunch I will get a half of a coffee cup of water out at the end of the day… but it can be random, today used the wash down system a bunch and zero water out of the hull when I pulled the plug. I’ll find it eventually but for now its so little I don’t worry about it.

What/where is this valve? And what position should it be in?
The valve is reachable through the inspection hatch under the swim platform. As for what position, I'd say closed. For me that was a 90 degree turn clockwise (as per the manual, which was actually super helpful for this issue).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 10.36.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 10.36.40 AM.png
    244 KB · Views: 27
Back