• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes call 8508671410

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I launch and return off the swim step every time. I teach people that way because it's easier than a deep water start. Stock ar230 with no ballast or wave modifiers.
Any tips on how this works?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any tips on how this works?
I watched a buddy's son do it, and thought he was crazy. The best part, is the boat is already going, and the wave is formed, you don't have to wait for it on your butt. Lay the tip of the board on the swimdeck, and put enough weight on your forward foot to hold it there while you lower yourself back with the rope. As soon as your foot hits the rear of the board, the weigh transfer will suck the board off the swimdeck directly in the pocket!

Sorry for the bad timing on the edit, but at the 10 second mark, George steps off our swimdeck onto the board. And even on the wrong side with no issues! He was actually testing height, as my daughter had yet taken off.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I watched a buddy's son do it, and thought he was crazy. The best part, is the boat is already going, and the wave is formed, you don't have to wait for it on your butt. Lay the tip of the board on the swimdeck, and put enough weight on your forward foot to hold it there while you lower yourself back with the rope. As soon as your foot hits the rear of the board, the weigh transfer will suck the board off the swimdeck directly in the pocket!

Sorry for the bad timing on the edit, but at the 10 second mark, George steps off our swimdeck onto the board. And even on the wrong side with no issues! He was actually testing height, as my daughter had yet taken off.

Only down side to this is that it will scuff up your gelcoat pretty bad when first timers are learning. That happened to my boat.

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Only down side to this is that it will scuff up your gelcoat pretty bad when first timers are learning. That happened to my boat.
We lay a wet towel down and trap it under the ballast bag on the deck. Still have put a couple nicks in the hydro turf though. It is way nicer when the water is cold to step off, but the downside is if you crash boy is that a shock!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We lay a wet towel down and trap it under the ballast bag on the deck. Still have put a couple nicks in the hydro turf though. It is way nicer when the water is cold to step off, but the downside is if you crash boy is that a shock!
Lol, for real! Need to get a wetsuit!!!

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what about a layer of blue tape covered with a layer of Gorrilla Tape in that area Will. (I am not volunteering you but maybe you know someone in Florida who is willing for the sake of the members of the forum give it a try??????)

Ugly for sure but..

I would try it out and report but I live in Buffalo and the water temp is still 53 degrees COLD!

also, maybe something your crack seadek research/prototyping team could develop a product that would work (volunteering you again-will I ever learn). I think it would be a popular addition to our boats expecially if you can make it cosmeticly appealing !

Last edited:

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There's a thought. Let me ponder that a bit.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've come up with a new way to teach beginners where someone holds the tip of the board while they slide off the back. Most beginners end up nose diving and getting them a few seconds of stability really helps. I tell them to try to lift the nose off the boat while they are getting ready to slide off. I have it down now where i can get back on the boat and grab the board real easily. Makes it easier when i have a beginner pulling me.
20200426_134605.jpg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great photo!

I agree, just a bit more SeaDek past the swim platform may work. A "launch pad" if you will. Maybe I just found a new place for the barefoot only pieces.

Ok Will, those posts on Instagram of the new 24' jetwash deflector being assembled are getting me antsy in the pantsy! They gotta be shipping out soon if not already for the earliest adopters. My old one is in FLA as of February.

Antsy.jpeg

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Be careful putting riders back on that swim platform while underway, there is a fair amount of exhaust fumes present at low speeds and you don't want them to get into trouble with those fumes.