• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Like I mentioned to Will on Instagram, I don't care if that "Grain Chute" helps me haul corn to the elevator, as long as it cleans up the surf wave.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
could just lash one of these upside down on your nozzles

• High tech poly material is lightweight, works like aluminum.
  • Molded ribs for added strength.
  • Poly D-grip on 30" wood handle. (For easy retrieval on the water)
  • Blade 17 3/4" x 14 1/4", overall length 46 1/2"
F4D01A24-AB07-4B49-8BD7-9024DFB0DC98.jpeg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, one of the better waves yet this weekend. I actually launched from the swimdeck! I thought that could only be done on surfboats. Well, this fat kid did it from the Yamaha twice!!

It's one thing to get someone else to drive, and yet another for someone to fire up a gopro. And I even had my wetsuit on! Water was 63 degrees at the end of the dock this weekend!!! Fall is here in MN!!

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Will seems to be updating his Facebook and instagram more regularly. They seemed to have discovered something else fun and new. It would have been cool to see this finalized this season. But it will be something to look forward to next spring.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot - any update on release date for the 24’s?
Sorry I did not see this until now. I've been super busy this past week after returning from vacation.

The new jetwash deflector is coming along nicely! As a matter of fact, the video we just posted shows the cleanest wave we've ever produced. Here's the video we posted on social on Monday.

We also stumbled onto a new discovery that we're now diving further into. This new finding is showing tons of promise and when fully vetted I think its going to be a big leap forward compared to the current version.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will, I watched your latest install video on YouTube.

You say the new height gauge will work for all models for quite some years back. My nozzle looks nothing like that new boat you are working on, is that really the case? They are that close?

When you ship out the new center deflector for the ladder, will a new height gauge be dropped in there as well? Do I need to request that center deflector, or do you have a way to track who got shipped what?

Thanks again.
Mark Lawson
If you want that gauge now just call the office and we'll ship you one, no charge. Sorry for the delay. I have been out of town.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you want that gauge now just call the office and we'll ship you one, no charge. Sorry for the delay. I have been out of town.
Thanks Will, you had mentioned that quite some time ago, but said a new jetwash deflector was due. So we agreed to wait until then and ship together. So I never requested one. I'm pretty sure that weight balance in the boat has had more affect than the small amount the fins are off. But if it reads easier, I will look forward to it when the new deflector ships.

Thanks again!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok good deal. Thanks for sticking with us on this. There are tons of things to consider when setting your boat up to surf. We're working to reduce the number of steps or at least, working to make the steps clear and concise.

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok good deal. Thanks for sticking with us on this. There are tons of things to consider when setting your boat up to surf. We're working to reduce the number of steps or at least, working to make the steps clear and concise.
Hi Will, any updates here?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi Will, any updates here?
Still testing the new jetwash deflector and asking our attorney to get patent language together so we can show it to the world. It is very different from the first.

SwimBikeRunBoat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"Still testing the new jetwash deflector and asking our attorney to get patent language together so we can show it to the world. It is very different from the first."

Will I'm about to take advantage of your WakeTober sale and get the Thrust Vector Wake for my AR240 but am now thinking maybe I should wait for the "new and improved" jetwash deflector to make its debut. Would it be possible to order now and delay delivery until you have the new jetwash ready - won't be doing any serious riding until next year anyway? I still need to install the lateral thrusters I got in the group buy so not in a hurry.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
"Still testing the new jetwash deflector and asking our attorney to get patent language together so we can show it to the world. It is very different from the first."

Will I'm about to take advantage of your WakeTober sale and get the Thrust Vector Wake for my AR240 but am now thinking maybe I should wait for the "new and improved" jetwash deflector to make its debut. Would it be possible to order now and delay delivery until you have the new jetwash ready - won't be doing any serious riding until next year anyway? I still need to install the lateral thrusters I got in the group buy so not in a hurry.
Yes that is what we've been recommending to 24 foot owners. We can hold or ship the fins now and the deflector later.

Dpod13

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi, will just wanted to give some feedback and help anyone out that leaves their boat in the water. I get my boat acid washed in the winter before storage and the fins of my TVW lost their paint. 2 questions will that have a lasting effect on the fins at all? Also, has anyone else reported this?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi, will just wanted to give some feedback and help anyone out that leaves their boat in the water. I get my boat acid washed in the winter before storage and the fins of my TVW lost their paint. 2 questions will that have a lasting effect on the fins at all? Also, has anyone else reported this?
Your situation may have been caused by the acid wash or something else.
We had a bad batch of anodized fins early on and immediately opted for powder coat on the following batch. We've been swapping out anodized fins for powder coated fins at no charge and if you'd like to send yours in for swap out we'd be glad to do the same for you.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
the acid wash on my boat at the end of the season took the powder coating off as well. So long as it's just aesthetics and won't hurt the functionality of the fins, they will be fine for me.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
the acid wash on my boat at the end of the season took the powder coating off as well. So long as it's just aesthetics and won't hurt the functionality of the fins, they will be fine for me.
They will likely be just fine. We do both coatings for salt water boaters. If you're in fresh water you'll likely be just fine.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, one of the better waves yet this weekend. I actually launched from the swimdeck! I thought that could only be done on surfboats. Well, this fat kid did it from the Yamaha twice!!

It's one thing to get someone else to drive, and yet another for someone to fire up a gopro. And I even had my wetsuit on! Water was 63 degrees at the end of the dock this weekend!!! Fall is here in MN!!
I launch and return off the swim step every time. I teach people that way because it's easier than a deep water start. Stock ar230 with no ballast or wave modifiers.

Cparker2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes that is what we've been recommending to 24 foot owners. We can hold or ship the fins now and the deflector later.
Will, do I need to call the office to have new jet wash deflector sent to me - I ordered late last year and have the old version for my 242x?