• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I mean in Wills testing he felt they were ready for release. He has newer boats and so I'm sure they steer even smoother then most on here for that fact alone.

You wouldnt have known about clearance issues if you tested 4 boats and they all cleared well them sold 200 sets that's 200 boats he hasnt seen.

Some of it is little frustrating but that is why some purchase later versions of vehicles, software whatever they dont want to deal with the "bug feedback".
I'm not sure that analogy works. An older car still works. Fact is 100s have been sold and and they are causing unsafe very tight steering. Not to mention you have to epoxy it to your boat. Seems not nearly enough testing was done to sell these. I just feel bad for you guys.

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
In hindsight beta testing would have served us well but with the delays we encountered coming back from the hurricane we lost lots of time. We felt it was good to go but are now working to make it better.
so you rushed a product to market that wasn't ready. Because of delays. I'm sure glad I didn't buy these.. I'd be irate..

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked at it like I do when I buy something on Kickstarter. I recieved a lower price for being an early adopter knowing there may be bugs that need worked out. I have yet to see anyone say anything is unsafe, that is nothing more than your personal opinion unless you know something we don't. I trust that Will is going to refine the product to make it better. I haven't seen anyone that bought them saying they demand a refund so I don't think anyone needs you to feel bad for them.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I looked at it like I do when I buy something on Kickstarter. I recieved a lower price for being an early adopter knowing there may be bugs that need worked out. I have yet to see anyone say anything is unsafe, that is nothing more than your personal opinion unless you know something we don't. I trust that Will is going to refine the product to make it better. I haven't seen anyone that bought them saying they demand a refund so I don't think anyone needs you to feel bad for them.
If it was presented as something like Kickstarter sure. But what if you weren't on this forum and just bought online. Then found out no beta testing was done. You were the beta tester. Prob doesn't give the consumer a good feeling. You haven't read where people have said their wives and kids usually drive the boat but couldnt due to how tight the steering was? Or over 25mph the steering was so tight it felt like people couldn't steer. I've read that in this giant thread and other threads relating to the same issue.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it was presented as something like Kickstarter sure. But what if you weren't on this forum and just bought online. Then found out no beta testing was done. You were the beta tester. Prob doesn't give the consumer a good feeling. You haven't read where people have said their wives and kids usually drive the boat but couldnt due to how tight the steering was? Or over 25mph the steering was so tight it felt like people couldn't steer. I've read that in this giant thread and other threads relating to the same issue.
This is the first time I’ve spent my money on a product from @JetBoatPilot and don’t have any concerns about it. The fact that Will is as responsive and upfront as he has been about this issue gives me total confidence that it will be a fantastic product in the end.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the first time I’ve spent my money on a product from @JetBoatPilot and don’t have any concerns about it. The fact that Will is as responsive and upfront as he has been about this issue gives me total confidence that it will be a fantastic product in the end.
I agree with you but still kinda sucks that it is not a finished product.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with you but still kinda sucks that it is not a finished product.
Don’t get me wrong, I wish it was a finished product, on my boat, and worked perfectly right now but I would take the cost savings that I got ordering early.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What I find troubling is that this is still a work in progress. You've already taken pre-orders and don't even have a product that's tested and proven? I feel bad for the early adopters of this product since they will be the guinea pigs.
Was every one aware that bought these that they weren't yet ready for production? And that you were all basically Guinea pigs?
I called it long ago, it is impossible to bring a product to market without a lot of hours testing on every boat that it is marketed for, it's obvious this didn't happen. I'd be pissed if I would have bought this product.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I called it long ago, it is impossible to bring a product to market without a lot of hours testing on every boat that it is marketed for, it's obvious this didn't happen. I'd be pissed if I would have bought this product.
I went out today for the first time with my TVW's installed. The only major issue was the extremely stiff steering. They worked well to deflect the spray and give me better low speed control. I am definitely not pissed just disappointed. I am sure that Will can reduce the stiff steering issues. Just hope this happens soon.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have completed and launched several finished products in the past. We know how to do that and felt we had done that with this launch. All of the inconsistencies with the nozzles is really the only thing I feel we missed and honestly could not predict. Heavy steering is being reported and we're working to minimize but again, we felt that the steering was tolerable on our test boats.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Looks like I copied your sentiment.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I went out today for the first time with my TVW's installed. The only major issue was the extremely stiff steering. They worked well to deflect the spray and give me better low speed control. I am definitely not pissed just disappointed. I am sure that Will can reduce the stiff steering issues. Just hope this happens soon.
You can buy an airhead rope that defects spray very well for like $80 bucks. And there's products to help with low speed steering that are proven winners. Neither one give you a major issue which is "extremely stiff steering".

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have my kit now but I don't mind waiting for the improved version, so I am not going to install it yet. Honestly I believe in the product and love JBP products so as long as we get a good product in the end it doesn't matter to me. I really appreciate all the small details Will puts into it and the support JBP has given me is excellent.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m very hesitant to return the vectors I have for trade in credit until the tvw kinks are worked out. I would hope jbp extends the return deadline until we have product fully functional the way it was meant to be. I don’t want to live with the heavy steering and all that. I’m sure Will and the crew will figure it out.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You can buy an airhead rope that defects spray very well for like $80 bucks. And there's products to help with low speed steering that are proven winners. Neither one give you a major issue which is "extremely stiff steering".
I have that booster ball and it doesn't really help much with spray. Most of the spray goes over it. Might help a bit but not enough to really notice for me.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have that booster ball and it doesn't really help much with spray. Most of the spray goes over it. Might help a bit but not enough to really notice for me.
Helps a ton with my kids. But they are young so maybe the weight of the rider has to do with it. But then again I didn't notice any spray either.

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took 2006 ar 230 for 4th time with wake vectors. Impossible to gauge how well it works for test 2 and 3 of wakeboarding and surfing.

YES, SOMEONE GOT UP ON SURFBOARD AND Wakeboard, but the strong wind and. Chop made it impossible to really test as wake was all over the place with a company fishing tourament on our lake today. And strong waves.

800 ballast on back. Lake Chop couldnt help wave cleanliness today.

The ballast made the hard to stear boat with vector wake even harder to steer down at slower speed., with 800 lbs ballast now hard as low as 10 mph...no ballast ...started to get hard at 20 mph.

Hope a new deflector can work and Will can bring it to market reasonsble.

LOVE ALL HIS OTHER PRODUCTS 100 PERCENT.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took 2006 ar 230 for 4th time with wake vectors. Impossible to gauge how well it works for test 2 and 3 of wakeboarding and surfing.

YES, SOMEONE GOT UP ON SURFBOARD AND Wakeboard, but the strong wind and. Chop made it impossible to really test as wake was all over the place with a company fishing tourament on our lake today. And strong waves.

800 ballast on back. Lake Chop couldnt help wave cleanliness today.

The ballast made the hard to stear boat with vector wake even harder to steer down at slower speed., with 800 lbs ballast now hard as low as 10 mph...no ballast ...started to get hard at 20 mph.

Hope a new deflector can work and Will can bring it to market reasonsble.

LOVE ALL HIS OTHER PRODUCTS 100 PERCENT.
I have 06 sx230... not sure if you surfed or not but I think our swim deck design is little thicker and shorter. I was first to surf.

I had 800 on back deck and 800 on the floor of my boat. My mom and step dad back left sitting area while wife was driving.

The wake was big but not long. The claw almost seemed like it was kicking up more spray instead of helping improve it more.

I had the 800 on swim deck surf side because didnt feel comfortable with it centered in middle. I need to get boat back from trailer shop and video next outing.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heavy steering is being reported and we're working to minimize but again, we felt that the steering was tolerable on our test boats.
I find it puzzling, every single report I've read so far endorses excessively heavy steering on plane with TWVs; was that missed in your testing?

Problem is, in these boats heavy steering resistance wreaks havoc on steering components such as cable linkages.

--

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I find it puzzling, every single report I've read so far endorses excessively heavy steering on plane with TWVs; was that missed in your testing?

Problem is, in these boats heavy steering resistance wreaks havoc on steering components such as cable linkages.

--
and its just not with ballast filled boats... no ballast whatsoever in my 21' and it is very bad