• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Shouldn't anyone be able to surf behind the boat for a video? I thought that was the point...... no need for a pro rider to see a surf wake.
I really agree with this! Its like with the wake booster, all the Yamaha videos of it with professional riders made no difference to me in my confidence that it would really work for me - was only when a beginner surfer like Steve Larivee from boattest.com rode it that I even paid attention to it as a possible solution. I'd much rather see Will out there surfing his product it then some seasoned surfer. :D:p;)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shouldn't anyone be able to surf behind the boat for a video? I thought that was the point...... no need for a pro rider to see a surf wake.
Hell yeah.

I'm starting to think I'm no longer certain of what the priorities here are...

In this forum, are we here to pander the vendors? or simply share honest information and observations (on jet boating mods) however we see fit...?

EDIT: SORRY if I offended anyone, no disrespect intended!

--

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I just want to see a video with and without on a 19’. If there is improvement I’m in especially with the other settings. Keep in mind there is no wedge for the 19’s. I realize some may say it’s not needed but I would like to surf without having to drive a circle to keep the wave clean.

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is posted with the spirit of MikeyL

Hell yeah.-
I agree but remember, Will is a business man, don't we enjoy how professional his videos are? It wouldn't look very professional if he had somebody who couldn't stay in the pocket or who couldn't drop the rope, it wouldn't install much confidence in the buying public, heck maybe will put on a few pounds and he's a little self conscious about how the speedo looks on camera, not everyone can look as good as Swatski in a one piece wet suit. We three might not care about the surfer's ability and just look at the wave but he's putting out a public image of his product and company,

I'm starting to think I'm no longer certain of what the priorities here are...
In this forum, are we here to pander the vendors? or simply share honest information and observations (on jet boating mods) however we see fit...?
--
Pander to the vendors - do I like the "guess what my new product is" threads, no, but the Forum is not endorsing or profiting from them, so many of those types of threads I don't even waste my time on anymore,

Share honest information - I don't think anyone has been restricted or told what to post about, in the posts above we've got complaints about the special pricing expiring before having a video or both you and Gantlin's posts questioning the vendor, I think those are honest questions/opinions,

however we see fit - I separated this one just so other members/visitors will know, this is not YJB anything goes, some decorum and respect is required here and we hope it would be self monitored, #tigersareextinct

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pretty sure if I shared my opinion on the thrust vectors and lateral thrusters I'd be banned. Only thing that keeps me in a Yamaha jet boat is open stern area, and no propeller. I'd be in a Crownline if a comaparable model was not 10k more. I've watched all the videos and practiced a ton, and I still don't have the control of a stern drive.

Don't @me.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah I get it. My comment about “seeing Will out there” was tongue in cheek. I understand that when doing a promo vid he’d want a professional surfer. But my comment stands that a non professional surfer and/or reviewer is what is more convincing to me of the validity of the product. We’ve all see the vids of Yamaha promos of pro surfers surfing a stock boat which is meaningless for most of us.

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'd let anyone near me give my set up a whirl before they went for the combination. My wife constantly asks if the $800 was worth it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is posted with the spirit of MikeyL

I agree but remember, Will is a business man, don't we enjoy how professional his videos are? It wouldn't look very professional if he had somebody who couldn't stay in the pocket or who couldn't drop the rope, it wouldn't install much confidence in the buying public, heck maybe will put on a few pounds and he's a little self conscious about how the speedo looks on camera, not everyone can look as good as Swatski in a one piece wet suit. We three might not care about the surfer's ability and just look at the wave but he's putting out a public image of his product and company,

Pander to the vendors - do I like the "guess what my new product is" threads, no, but the Forum is not endorsing or profiting from them, so many of those types of threads I don't even waste my time on anymore,

Share honest information - I don't think anyone has been restricted or told what to post about, in the posts above we've got complaints about the special pricing expiring before having a video or both you and Gantlin's posts questioning the vendor, I think those are honest questions/opinions,

however we see fit - I separated this one just so other members/visitors will know, this is not YJB anything goes, some decorum and respect is required here and we hope it would be self monitored, #tigersareextinct
I am not Gantlin, I am a Yamaha boat enthusiast that enjoys the water just like everyone else. That is why my user name is jcyamaharider. I have purchased products from JBP in the past and that is why I said what I did. I just want to see the surf wave, it doesn't have to have a rider on it. Everyone else wants to see the surf wave also.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yep. Even videos of the wakes on the various settings should be available.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ok...Thats it... I tell ya guys and gals what I'll do. Will, send me 2 of those TVW's for my 242 and I'll take my middle aged, balled and slightly over weight butt out on the water here in Ga and make a video. Now it may involve some cursing, probably a little attitude and most likely some painful moments but followed by an apology. I'll show ya what the wave and wakes look like. My surfing skills will just be part of a bonus feature for forum memes only.

Lets do this!!!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just to set the record straight, our test rider is a 17 year old kid who happens to be my business partner's son. He's competed once in the wakeboard category and never competed at all in the surf category. He picked up the sport about a year ago and he's pretty good, but certainly far from pro. We have gleaned some wisdom from a pro rider here locally and are still asking him questions now (when we can tie him down long enough to ask)lol.

When we have a product ready to show the world we'll do it very quickly. We just recently went through a design change that gave us a quantum leap in progress towards a production model. As with all changes there are tweaks that must be done. We're tweaking now. With the boat show this past week, cold weather and a myriad of other things going on post Hurricane Michael we're moving slower than I'd like but as fast as we can.

Thanks for your enthusiasm on this new product and we appreciate your support and your patience as we dial this thing in!!!

Bothomas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can't wait to get mine installed! Hopefully early spring vs. late spring!!!

Chester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Definitely think we need video proof before promo expires on the TVW. Seeing the product in action will make us all certain it's worth the $$$. Also would be nice to see what the fins are doing at wake boarding or tubing speed. Would like to know for sure if the fins are out of the water or partially in...etc. Seems to be too much speculation on the forum as to what these fins can or can't do.

Will please try to get some video before the promo expires or at east extend the promo until you can do so.

Thanks

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pre-Sale Pricing is being extended until next month but price is going up by $50 on twins and $25 on singles. We are nearing summer and our best prices are always found in the coldest months. I can assure you you'll be completely satisfied or your money back so if you're waiting on a video to make your decision you need not worry about whether or not you'll be satisfied if you buy now. We always deliver on our promises and again we'll give you your money back if you're not 100% satisfied.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With the boat show this past week, cold weather and a myriad of other things going on post Hurricane Michael we're moving slower than I'd like but as fast as we can.
I hope you enjoyed your visit to lovely Minnesota. Good thing you missed the real cold weather this week! HA!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes I did and I took a late flight on Sunday to avoid getting stuck on Monday. Did the snow slam Minneapolis like the weather man forecast?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Pre-Sale Pricing is being extended until next month but price is going up by $50 on twins and $25 on singles. We are nearing summer and our best prices are always found in the coldest months. I can assure you you'll be completely satisfied or your money back so if you're waiting on a video to make your decision you need not worry about whether or not you'll be satisfied if you buy now. We always deliver on our promises and again we'll give you your money back if you're not 100% satisfied.
I get it but not happy as I want videos before I purchase. For one I need proof to show my other half and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Same here.... just placed the order about 20 min ago... I highly doubt I would return.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes I did and I took a late flight on Sunday to avoid getting stuck on Monday. Did the snow slam Minneapolis like the weather man forecast?
Most of Minnesota got 5"+ of fluffy snow. Nothing that would shut down the airport though. The winds are what killed it.

We are at a balmy -17 and expected -30 today/tonight. And no, that is not including the windchill.

Back on topic here. I think folks need to remind themselves that the pre-order discount is a reward that Will is offering up to those that are being asked to trust him and his team to put out a good product. If you are not comfortable with that situation, then don't order it. I'm holding off as well.

But that's not to say that Will is not giving a great option to not only get a serious discount for your trust in him, but a trade in on your previous purchase! I'm actually half on board with the concept of TVW. I'm more on board with trading out what I think are worn out TV's installed. As I feel I get no benefit at 5-10mph.

For me, I am waiting as I know everyone on the planet will be testing these things while I am still running my snowmobile across hard water! Good luck, and take advantage of Will's generosity!