• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot's New Surf Tech, Thrust Vector Wake

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For our needs, we're not doing any surfing. I bought in for the steering benefits and proposed tubing benefits.
I'm quite the opposite we rarely tube (and they are a pain to store) but a surfable wake would be nice 🏄🏻

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The fins flip up about the same time the current Thrust Vector fins do. That is approximately no wake stage 2. Any speed above no wake 2 you really don't need fins to help with steering as you have sufficient thrust to do the job.

The fins have been designed in such a way the their lower edge in the up position do not hang down into the water at surf speeds (10-11 mph) so any speed from 10mph up, the fins are out of the water.

The real secret sauce that makes Thrust Vector Wake so different from Thrust Vector XV or X is the ability to set a fixed stopping point for the fins rotation. Our solution to this is what made it patentable and why it is now patent pending. It really is the major breakthrough for the product. Because we can control how far up the fins are allowed to travel we can then control the downward deflection of the jet blast.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is great having choices and to have choices we need innovators.
BINGO! Just from reading through all these various threads on new ideas for surf products, some seem scared or are very negative towards the possibility of other products entering the market.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
BINGO! Just from reading through all these various threads on new ideas for surf products, some seem scared or are very negative towards the possibility of other products entering the market.
I, for one, see this more as being "skeptical" not necessarily negative. Which I think is warranted.

With boating season fast approaching many of us are looking to make choices, w/limited mod budgets.
It would be nice to see what's real at some point.
(for everything else there is boattest.com and Yamaha commercials) :)

--

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I love boat test. If you ever feel like you made a wrong decision buying one of these boats, just go to their youtube channel. They have better propaganda than the yamaha website!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The fins flip up about the same time the current Thrust Vector fins do. That is approximately no wake stage 2. Any speed above no wake 2 you really don't need fins to help with steering as you have sufficient thrust to do the job.

The fins have been designed in such a way the their lower edge in the up position do not hang down into the water at surf speeds (10-11 mph) so any speed from 10mph up, the fins are out of the water.

The real secret sauce that makes Thrust Vector Wake so different from Thrust Vector XV or X is the ability to set a fixed stopping point for the fins rotation. Our solution to this is what made it patentable and why it is now patent pending. It really is the major breakthrough for the product. Because we can control how far up the fins are allowed to travel we can then control the downward deflection of the jet blast.
So if I understand correctly the one position is the deflector set at X angle and due to the jet thrust due to speed will determine the effect it has on surfing/wakeboarding/tubing?

Do you expect people to try and adjust or manipulate the stop, will that be straight forward fit one way so ensure fins stop at desired position or is desired position different for each person?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I, for one, see this more as being "skeptical" not necessarily negative. Which I think is warranted.

With boating season fast approaching many of us are looking to make choices, w/limited mod budgets.

--
Hey, are you afraid your shares of Gantlin, Inc. are going to fall in value?? LOL Just kidding with you. I know the wedge has been proven and has been the best option so far. It probably will remain the best too unless a combination of other options can create an equal wave. @Mainah 's pipe booster did a good job for what it was from what I remember.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Like it has been stated before, having more then one option is great for consumer because everyone wants something different. Having a good side by side comparison would be a good thing because many people may not want to surf all the time and they don't care about that. This is where the TV Wake will come in greatly appreciated by everyone. Not full hardcore for surfing but knocks down the jet wash for wakeboarding and tubing. I have plenty of JBP products on my boat and will continue to do business there. There are no hard feelings between Will and I, that I know of, and I like to keep it that way. I have said it many times before, I am a jet boater first.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

--
Why be skeptical? He has a good brand and doubt he would risk it if he wasn't sure it works. He came with a working prototype so we know it's not vapor.

Thrust vectors and lateral thrusters both deal with water flow. If JBP specialized in RGB LEDs, I would be skeptical. I'm more in the cautiously optimistic camp right now.

I do like seeing the design iterations. This would have been a good Kickstarter. And more successful than many others.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why be skeptical? He has a good brand and doubt he would risk it if he wasn't sure it works. He came with a working prototype so we know it's not vapor.

Thrust vectors and lateral thrusters both deal with water flow. If JBP specialized in RGB LEDs, I would be skeptical. I'm more in the cautiously optimistic camp right now.

I do like seeing the design iterations. This would have been a good Kickstarter. And more successful than many others.
Hey, I’m more supportive than most, in actuality my JBP account must be at least twice or three times what I’ve got with Gatlin with two full sets of SeaDeks w/extras, PerfectPass, etc. Never one disappointment, amazing customer service.

I guess I just talk a lot of nonsense, lol.

chrisinslc

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are any of these current breakthrough's going to help the single engine 19' boats?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are any of these current breakthrough's going to help the single engine 19' boats?
That's what I'm up here at the shop working on now. The single engine version will definitely help with cleaning up the ride for your tubers and will obviously help with slow speed steering. The wake board and surf wave is already pretty clean on single engine boats since the propulsion is centerline. Our product really does not make a larger wave but rather a cleaner wave for more push.

We are also working on a line of ballast bags and other items to help you get a better surf experience.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A peak at the new design. 4E929526-8AC9-4391-91BA-1CB15D8E3EC1.png

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks great Are you guys looking at different designs to lock.the deflector in place so.jet pressure and exteme movement cause the deflector to unintentionally jump from the surfing postion to wake.board position? I notice that the deflector is made out of metal mounted to starboard. Do you believe it's a strong enough material to withstand years of jet pressure pushing against it?

I know somebody before on the forums was trying to say it's a synthetic like Glock so it's strong. As somebody who uses Glocks all the time for work and have worked with starboard, the synthetic material used for glocks is much more resilient and harder than starboard. I just wonder if there's gonna be durability issues. Your other products appear to.be made of the same material but they were not used to block/deflect the jet output.

I noticed that Yamaha on their wake booster did not use any type of synthetic material but instead chose to use metal. Probably not for any type of cost savings (probably costs more) but I bet the R&D department most likely observed issues using other types of material because of the water pressure pushing up against it.

I'm not an engineer, so I'm not an expert. It just is something as a layperson that I'm thinking about when I look at the design.

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting excited and can't wait for some surf footage on the 19 footers!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are testing the first metal fins next week. We have always liked starboard for several reasons but we need rigidity for this project and starboard just does not provide enough, especially up near the pivot point where the stops are located.

It is looking like 6061 aluminum is the front runner at the moment and when in production we'll be hard coat anodizing so they'll be better suited for salt water use and will be absolutely gorgeous installed on the boat.

This project is really shaping up now and I'm really excited where its headed!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Is this the same product that makes the rooster tail at higher speeds?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Video of someone surfing ropeless ?