• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Ouachita Gathering in 2018 ( June 9th weekend)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have learned that I have a family reunion event for lunch on June 9th. We often boat after that reunion.

I look forward to learning the schedule for this event. My family should be able to attend all but a few hours in the middle of the Saturday.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Betik , this sounds intriguing. Never been up that way before, but let me know what the plans are, would love to try and meet with the group!
you are most welcome. So excited that they are 2 scarabs on this gathering.
Now only if I could talk @Amar Nanduri to bring his aircraft carrier, it will be the most diversified gathering ever :D

Early next week, I will start a list of who is "definitely in" and is "definite maybe" and gather some feedback on accommodation preferences and activities.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
you are most welcome. So excited that they are 2 scarabs on this gathering.
Now only if I could talk @Amar Nanduri to bring his aircraft carrier, it will be the most diversified gathering ever :D

Early next week, I will start a list of who is "definitely in" and is "definite maybe" and gather some feedback on accommodation preferences and activities.
@Betik I might be heading to Ft Lauderdale on my friends aircraft carrier that weekend. Lol. I am on a mission to get you safe into Bimini ;)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@FloJet you seem to be looking for an adventure ....
check this one out......

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@FloJet you seem to be looking for an adventure ....
check this one out......
Haha always looking for an adventure. Where is this lake located at?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@FloJet less than 300 miles from you.
Just take I40 east and then head south at the boarder

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have put on the first page inventory of who is coming and who is not. If you are on the list, or consider attending, please send me as much info as you are comfortable with and I will use it for a tentative schedule. You can put it here or PM or whatever. I will update the first page. I will also put a tentative schedule later in the week.

Mine would like something like this………

@Betik probability of attendance >95%

• o Crew 2 Adults 2 Children ( Girl6 Boy5 ) 0 pets

• o Duration: Friday evening to Sunday late afternoon

• o Staying at: whichever campsite we chose

• o Adult activities interested in: everything

• o Kids activities interested in: everything

It goes without saying but besides a group photo, you are more than welcome to do your own thing. Now that being said let’s get to business …….

We don’t have the water that Bimini has; we don’t have the numbers that Shelbyville has, but what we lack in quantity and quality we make up in spirit(s). We will put a tentative list of activities and attempt to kick start the first ever Jetolympics.

Granted that this will be the first time to attempt such activities, we might need to hammer the rules on the fly, but that is not a reason not to try.

Please provide me some feedback as I will need to work on the schedule and order the awards. I make no promises of success, only a promise of lasting memories

JetOlympics 2018 ( Lake Ouachita )

Land Activities

· Cornhole tournament

· Captain Hook Treasure Hunt

o Coin, eggs, or something else to TBD ( mostly depending on the kids ages )

· Mash Mellon Monster

· Bonfire Burger Flips

· Miss Jetty

o Ballot competition for the prettiest boat

· Miss Star Trek

o Ballot competition for the most modified and advanced boat

· TBD1

· TBD2

Water Activities ( no boat)

· Biggest catch (fishing competition )

· Paddle boat race

· Baywatch

o Rescue the dummy in distress (XX feet from the beach)

· TBD1

· TBD2

Water Activities (Boat)

· Drag Race (timed)

· Tour De Island (timed)

· Tour De Island (with obstacles) ( timed)

o Surprise obstacle so it is not just a speeding competition

· Dummy Overboard (timed)

o Recover the dummy and safely bring him/her at shore

· Rescue Me; Lost at Sea

o Timed

o Ballot for communication & coordination

· Six Pack recovery

· Field Goal (distance)

· Waking boarding competition ( ballot)

· TBD1

· TBD2

Note1: if this reminds you of Michael Scott from the OFFICE, you are right but it is where it was inspired from.

Note2: Photographers wanted. If you any good at it or have any decent equipment please let me know so you can be volunteered to document the extravaganza.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bill D I hear you are moving closer to Arkansas, right ?? What is a 400 miles drive compare to driving to Fort Lauder-dale!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez can you arrange for one of those loaner to make the drive west ?
Being boat-less is not excuse. You got a boat, just it is not as fast as your old one...

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tocelli this is the gathering in June. Please check the first page

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jebinok since you are joining tomorrow, do you want to consider making the drive in Lake Ouachita on June 9th ?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@iamcalled this gathering is around the time we will be celebrating your new awesome job. ;)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the votes are in for the favourte activities.
I modeled my counting after Venezuela's ( @Julian i do not mean this politically) last election and here are the results

Jetrling: the big event in the last winter Olympics is now in a lake near you ( if you live in Arkansas that is). The objective function is to push a donuts shape tube to predetermined landing zone.
Pretty Jetty: this will trophy will be aware to the best looking boat ( I totally see a touch competition between @Rick215HO & @ApelilaRains )
Tour De Island: last time we camped on an island. How about if this time we race around the island!!!!
Tour De Island ( obsl) : some poeple might not be interested on going around an island for the trophy, so we will put obstacles. My favourite idea that floated around is tiny beer kegs on fender. You can go fast around the island, you cannot come empty handed.
Best modified: If @swatski was coming we would just give him the trophy, but since he is ditching us some of us might have a chance. Note: household appliances ( such as refrigerators grills do not count as mod). Sorry @Bruce you got to give us chance to enter the competition
Marshmallow Monster: this thrfie will be awared to the whoever turns out to be the marshmallow master on the camp fire
Field-goal Champion: this event will involved a huge beach ball which we are souposed to ram with tip of our bow. The further est the ball travels the better your chances of wining. Apparently, this is @robert843 favorite activity
JetWatch & Rescue: I am still working on the best efficient way to do this, but I am thinking a rescue call will come in with coordinates. The crew has to locate the victim and provide assistance. This might be a hell of practice for some of use who like to venture east of Florida
Airborne H2O: this is a surfing trophie. I can see @Scottintexas kids take 1st, 2nd, 3rd place buy who know maybe they cannot make it and this might turn out to be if you can stand on the board for 30 seconds you win.
IPaddleHard: This is paddling competition. I kind have an idea who might be winning this in the water and in real life

Since this is our first Jetlypmics, cheating is allowed and encouraged. Think of it as NASCAR instead of real Olympics

I am working on filming crew to document the events. If anyone has a drone please bring in along. I will be dieing to get a birds eye view during a field goal and jetrling event

Attachments

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
We are on Ouachita about every weekend. We may want to come by for a while. I know the area quite well. If anyone has any questions about locations or services, feel free to ask.