• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Ouachita Gathering in 2018 ( June 9th weekend)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are on Ouachita about every weekend. We may want to come by for a while. I know the area quite well. If anyone has any questions about locations or services, feel free to ask.
Last year we had this local guy who promised be a guide, but last time I followed his wake; I ended up with fiberglass work. I think we need a back up this year. Hope to see you there and especially for the games.

Not sure which island we are camping, I will try to post here once I find out and I have internet connection. I am sure a few of us will have the VHF on at 69 too.

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Last year we had this local guy who promised be a guide, but last time I followed his wake; I ended up with fiberglass work. I think we need a back up this year.
There is still plenty of water in the lake but you should never cut corners on Ouachita. I don't think they cut any trees down before it was originally flooded. Stay in the channels and make 90 degree turns into the coves to avoid problems.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great, I take it that you volunteered to come help :D

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last year we had this local guy who promised be a guide, but last time I followed his wake; I ended up with fiberglass work.
There is still plenty of water in the lake but you should never cut corners on Ouachita. I don't think they cut any trees down before it was originally flooded. Stay in the channels and make 90 degree turns into the coves to avoid problems.
@Betik, did you experience fiberglass damage on Lake Ouachita? I thought that was from Poseidon testing us as we crossed the stream?

@LTM1964, you are correct that many trees were left standing when Ouachita was filled. There are forests still standing under the water 65 years later. There also are small communities with entire buildings under the lake.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Last year we had this local guy who promised be a guide, but last time I followed his wake; I ended up with fiberglass work.

@Betik
, did you experience fiberglass damage on Lake Ouachita? I thought that was from Poseidon testing us as we crossed the stream?
Poseidon does not like me very much since my great .... great-grandfather blinded his cyclops son.

My original statement might have had a spatial & time traveling component into it, but sure thing it sounds like @LTM1964 has to come and help. Did I mention that same great ... great-grandfather also invented the Trojan horse ?

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
This time of year, the risk of hitting anything is very low, especially when operating in the channels. Also, as you get closer to the dam, the water is deeper and there are fewer trees.

T0jo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could I get some information on where you put in for this trip ect? I am a Arkansas native so I am familiar with the lake some.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Could I get some information on where you put in for this trip ect? I am a Arkansas native so I am familiar with the lake some.
I suspect boats will launch from a variety of locations.

I almost always launch from Crystal Springs.

Others may launch from Mountain Harbor or Brady Mountain where they may have lodging. Mountain Harbor has nice new transient slips for rent.

On the East side of the lake is Lake Ouachita State Park.

If you are coming from the North East you might want to launch at North Shores / Lena Landing.

From the West Shangri La is a good option.

From the North West you might consider the HHW 27 Fishing Village.

But we will all meet somewhere in the middle.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce we should have good cell signal in the lake right? If so I will post coordinates of where the base camp is. Also I will post every time we move the party location.

I do not know the excact details yet, but I will most likely make to the lake either on Thursday evening or Friday morning.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If anyone is looking for a place to stay Crystal Springs Resort sent me a message "We had cancellations in 2 of the motel kitchenettes on June 8, 9 & 10. $89.95 per night each, plus tax.... just FYI".

Those units have to double beds, full kitchen, a deck w/patio furniture, access to a BBQ grill, satellite TV included.

The number to call is 501.991.3361

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The forecast looks to be perfect!

AEA0BA49-84A5-403D-9B6B-BCC0ACD7EFC8.png 679C00DA-9528-4345-ACBE-422394489048.png 222EB46D-B5DF-4BC4-B847-A8353685BD94.png

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
reality has set in and I have to say I won't be able to make it this time, to much "other" stuff in life going on, I'm sad because I'll miss seeing everybody and it is a great place to go boating,

I'll still hold out a little hope that maybe something will change.... Be sure to get a group picture though!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll still hold out a little hope that maybe something will change....
is anything I can do to hep changing things? I have a lot of special skills especially when it comes to turning people's upside down.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The back up ball has arrived. Just in case it gets rough and captains being super excited

ApelilaRains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Was postponing for as long as I could due to an unconfirmed business travel - which was JUST CONFIRMED .......DAMN ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT....

I guess I'll be missing out on all the fun this time around :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Take a shitload of pics!!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like to look at the bright side of things. Now I have a shot at wining the "pretties boat award" :D

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hold @Rick215HO is bringing this boat. Nevermind, scratch that thought