• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lectrotab Trim Tabs

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
its still cold for me here on long island so i didn't get to do the install yet. what about if you use plywood on the inside for additional support?
That would be ideal - if you could embed marine plywood or aluminum plate on the inside of the hull for reinforcement .
However it is virtually impossible to reach where the tab hinges attach in the new hulls. Same with the U- bolt tie-downs under swim platform.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That would be ideal - if you could embed marine plywood or aluminum plate on the inside of the hull for reinforcement .
However it is virtually impossible to reach where the tab hinges attach in the new hulls. Same with the U- bolt tie-downs under swim platform.

Ya, and if you can reach, you will find obstacles in the way that will leave a mark. As said above, embed marine grade wood if you can get there. The rear tie down area already has a backing plate and is pretty thick. One screw of three visible.
Picture taken before I drilled for the control conduit.
20190131_183428.jpg

Last edited:

Brian Millette

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
its still cold for me here on long island so i didn't get to do the install yet. what about if you use plywood on the inside for additional support?
There is NO way to get to the inside unfortunately

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Brian Millette

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just finished installing my tabs (9x18) on my 2017 210SX. Very tight fit but I think it's a very good installation. Even got the auto retract to work with the one button engine kill. Can't wait to try the out!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just finished installing my tabs (9x18) on my 2017 210SX. Very tight fit but I think it's a very good installation. Even got the auto retract to work with the one button engine kill. Can't wait to try the out!
Got pics?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let us know how those work! 18" span is huge, especially in a 21'. Did you use short actuators?
Pics please!

--

Brian Millette

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did use short actuators and the manual leveling control. Yea the tabs sound big but that's only 18 sq inches more than a 12 x 12 and it is a tight installation. I will have pics after I go back this weekend. I'm in Connecticut and the boat (and my motorhome) are in a buddy's heated garage (which I would kill to have).

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just had the Cobra Jet installed and these same trim tabs will be here next week. Where should I mount the transducer so it will not be in the way?
There are two obvious choices - a shoot-through-hull, which would be in the bilge - needs a single layer not double like in the engine comp. I've done that in my old SX190, worked great.
Or
This is where I've seen most people do the install on the outside:

I have no personal experience with this boat, my OEM depth finder works great and I decided to not mount a transducer.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is where I decided to mount mine on our 2015 242LS. Ran the cord through the scupper hose. No complications since installment, about 4 years ago.

I drilled holes through the port plate and bolted it on tight. Sealed all the holes for the cable with 5200. Still no leaks.
Transducer with cable.jpg

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
5 adults 2 coolers full in moderate chop and loves my trim tabs. I tried at first to play and adjust It then I remembered i have Auto. I will never touch that thing again. Set It and forget It.

SeaPSea

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just had the Cobra Jet installed and these same trim tabs will be here next week. Where should I mount the transducer so it will not be in the way?
Here is how I mounted mine using 2 half inch pieces of starboard that I made to space the ducer down under the little step in front of the ride plate. I have good performance and get great readings at 35+ mph.

Attachments

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Guys,

I'm considering this mod and I've read many posts relating to the benefits of the trim tabs (I'm sold, LOL). Can someone help with the following (I have a 2018 242 Limited SE):
  1. Is there a kit item number I can look for or recommended size for the trim tabs? I'll probably go with Lectro, that's mostly what I'm seeing posted on the board.
  2. Has anyone used with the Wakebooster? Can I still mount the Wakebooster with these installed?
Thanks in advance for the feedback!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys,

I'm considering this mod and I've read many posts relating to the benefits of the trim tabs (I'm sold, LOL). Can someone help with the following (I have a 2018 242 Limited SE):
  1. Is there a kit item number I can look for or recommended size for the trim tabs? I'll probably go with Lectro, that's mostly what I'm seeing posted on the board.
  2. Has anyone used with the Wakebooster? Can I still mount the Wakebooster with these installed?
@Stevenpigsooie runs Lectrotabs and Yamaha wake Booster.

Lecttotabs are an awesome mod. If you call them, they have info on our boats and models. I posted the invoice for the system with one of the best setups for the 240/242 hull.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys,

Here is the invoice:
Post #110 has the invoice for lectrotabs:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/lectrotab-trim-tabs.71/page-6#post-269907

I think the consensus is to get the MLC-1 controller, which is kind of a "semi-auto" as it can move both tabs in parallel in opposite directions, super nice. Check out @Mainah writeup on those, he did a lot of testing of the auto.

--

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is the invoice:
Post #110 has the invoice for lectrotabs:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/lectrotab-trim-tabs.71/page-6#post-269907

I think the consensus is to get the MLC-1 controller, which is kind of a "semi-auto" as it can move both tabs in parallel in opposite directions, super nice. Check out @Mainah writeup on those, he did a lot of testing of the auto.

--
I'm not seeing the invoice in post #110. I see that you make reference to the invoice, but I'm not seeing the invoice.

Thanks for the inputs!