• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lets take a ride around Manhattan. . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had one land right next to us. . . . My buddy took a video, once I get it I'll post it.
@Julian - here is the one still shot I got of the plane landing on the E. River. At one point he was headed right for us, which was a little un nerving.

It's hard to see here but if you look to the Right of the bridge the plane is about level with it where it meets the shore line.

lowplane.jpeg

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Awesome pics! Wife wants to take a sightseeing trip up there but stay on dry land. Maybe this thread will convince her to do it by water.

Semper Fi brother!

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We've been around the island on a sight seeing boat. Would love to cruise around it in our FiSH. Maybe once retired. Thanks for posting the pics! Beautiful!

Peggy L

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome! Too bad I haven't been on lately. How was the trIp? We might have come along! Peggy

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'll join you guys next year. Looks like fun. I did this last year on my I/O

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome! Too bad I haven't been on lately. How was the trIp? We might have come along! Peggy
Trip was great. . . . . Water was like glass until the Battery and Liberty Island (and even then it was only ferry traffic). Calm winds, not a cloud in the sky, great views. Highly recommend it.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm down for that.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I realize this thread is from last year, but that was awesome @0627Devildog ! Incredible amount of sites to take in on one trip.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So. . . . Last year we had a bunch of folks interested and we got rained out twice. I am down to put another one together but this is usually an end of season trip for me. We pull the boat from our local lake and take it down to the dealer for end of season service and shrink wrapping (late Sept/Early October). I am down to do it earlier if we get a lot of interest since I'm only about a 70 min tow to where we launch on the Hudson.

BareHand42Style

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Where's a good place to launch? I'll be dragging from northern CT. But I'm def down and I'm sure my neighbor would as well

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Up to now, I have been considering dunking in near Hoboken NJ where my son goes to college (on the Hudson). I have to find out more on the Marina and parking since it is hard to imagine a spot to put a trailer. @0627Devildog , looking to hear any recommendations on Marinas and ramps in the NYC area.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I highly recommend Patsy's Bay Marina in Stony Point. They are a Yamaha Dealer with on site repair facilities (for those just in case situations).
There is ample parking for trucks/trailers AND its a nice cruise down the Hudson from there.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
very cool pics! thanks for sharing!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@0627Devildog Damn, this is an awesome trip, I was one of those interested last year. I could maybe pull it this Fall, but not anything this Summer.
Keep us posted!
Again, thanks for great pics and information.

--

Edgar Almonte

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I circle Manhattan several times a year just about every year. If you have never done it I highly recommend that you do. There is a ton of stuff to see so you will not be dissapointed. If anyone wants to set a date for a trip count me in!

kstrd23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'd love to do this as well! I live down by the Barnegat bay. Not too far of a drive up to patsys for me. Do you guys forsee any trouble with me doing it on my 19 footer? Thanks!

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'd love to do this as well! I live down by the Barnegat bay. Not too far of a drive up to patsys for me. Do you guys forsee any trouble with me doing it on my 19 footer? Thanks!
I took my bayliner 175 last year, had no issues, some bumps on the southern tip of manhattan, other than that it was smooth. I also had 5 grown adults. If you're going I'll join you.