• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Liquid Moly Ceratec

HoosierDaddyAR190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone add or use liquid moly Ceratec to their boat or car? Any opinions on how effective this is? I am considering adding it to cars and boat and value this forums opinions on items like this.

Anyone add or use liquid moly Ceratec to their boat or car? Any opinions on how effective this is? I am considering adding it to cars and boat and value this forums opinions on items like this.

Molybendumdisulphide is in most of the high quality engine oils, as are a plethora of other things. Most engine oils still have a lot of the lubricity / additive package left when the oil change interval comes around, the problem is how dirty the oil is, so it becomes a question of filtration. The higher end full flow oil filters for engines is 20 microns (Amsoil) at 98% efficiency, some are 30 microns ( mobile one)

Having said that above, I think you would be better served using the best synthetic motor oil you can get as well as the best motor oil filter you can get. I personally use Amsoil oil and filters for all of my engines and change them regularly. For my boat I have gone to 50 hour oil / filter change intervals instead of the prescribed 100 hour change intervals.

If you really want to get the most out of your engines by a factor of 4 increase in engine life install a high by pass oil filtration system. These systems filter down to 2 microns at 99% efficiency. If you do not know what these are, they are a secondary filtration system that filters a small amount of oil whilst the main full flow filter is filtering all of the oil many many times per hour. A high by pass system will filter all of the oil about 8-10 times per hour. There are other advantages of using a high by pass oil filter and this is extended oil change intervals because the oil is getting filtered so well. Over the road trucks, ships, large mining machines use high by pass oil filtration since their engines hold so much oil, when the service interval calls for a service, the high by pass oil filter is changed and a make up quart is added and typically a sample is pulled and sent to the lab. Filtration Solutions World Wide and Amsoil both make these systems, I had the Filtration systems one on my personal vehicle and it paid for itself in one year in savings of oil changes.

Last edited:
Back