• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Livewell switch (light)

leftcoasterfl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
HI all.
What is the proper operation of the livewell switch light?
Is the light an indicator that the switch is on, or will the light only come on if the pump is working?
My livewell pump doesnt work, and when I turn on the switch there is no light.
Thanks all

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The light is tied in with the courtesy lights.

Sorry your live well pump doesn’t work, did you try resetting the breaker?

leftcoasterfl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Well I got around to figuring this out.

So I got under the console and saw there are two power wires into the switch. One for the light and one for the livewell. One of them was disconnected. I hooked it up and still got nothing - but the light did come on. So the light comes on when power is being passed through the switch.

It took me about an hour to figure out what was going on. I can see why the one wire was disconnected since I think the previous owner couldn't figure out the issue. So for reliability purposes, when you have a circuit not working you disconnect it until you can figure out what is going on. I found out what the issue was by accident. It is a weird one...the actual livewell locking connector is bad. I disconnected it and reconnected it about 7 times and on the last time, right before I was going to give up, it worked. I shook the connector and it stopped. I disconnected it and reconnected it and it starting working again. I probably will just hardwire the livewell in since the connector is flaky, but for now, it is working :)