• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Modifying 210 FSH original T-top to fold

210FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello, I’m looking to see if anyone has actually modified their 210 FSH factory T-top to make it fold? I have been thru a lot of posts but I don’t see any where they actually modified the factory 2021 210 T-top. I did see one who modified the 190 FSH but it’s not the same as the 210. I had someone come out and take a look and said they couldn’t do it because it would hit the top where the 2 doors are (garbage door and storage door). He tried measuring it every which way but said it couldn’t be done to clear 10’. Unfortunately I’m about 8-10” taller than my 10’ roll up door and I’m not about to start dismantling the top every time to get it in my shop, I just need it to fold a foot. I’m located in West Palm Beach Florida and would like to see if anyone either has any pictures or can recommend anyone that can actually modify the factory T-top. I know I can get a Fishmaster T-top or a custom top made but I actually like the factory top and I want to use and keep the existing mounting leg holes in the floor to match the existing marine mat. Any help or info would greatly be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:
The main problem we have is that the T top itself is so large that even folding it down doesn’t give the clearance you need.

I had thought about making a set of hinges that I could just clamp on to the front of the uprights to facilitate folding it forward, but again the T top itself is too tall. I can remove the T top in about 30 mins but that top part is awkward to say the least… so next thing is to put a davit on the shop above the doors so I can just lift the T top straight up, then once the boat is in the shop lower the T top down and put it in the shop. Sounds like your shop doors are higher than mine.. mine won’t go in the shop with the wind screen on.

Thanks for the info. I’m hell bent on getting this figured out.

Anyone else who would like to chime in with any ideas or info??

I have been thinking about this too. I’m really surprised that Yamaha has not addressed this.

I have been thinking about this too. I’m really surprised that Yamaha has not addressed this.

It’s been a while since I measured mine, but if I remember correctly If you measure the T top front to back, then try and translate that height where it can fold forward I think you’ll find that folding it forward doesn’t reduce the height very much if any. The easiest thing to do is remove the T top in its three pieces, it’s really quite easy once you do it a time or two, as I said a couple of years ago it’s just the awkwardness of the top piece that makes it difficult.

We installed this t-top on our 38 yo Whaler. It folds. SG600 T-Top for Center Console Boats - Anodized Finish I too am surprised Yamaha has not speced out a folding t top. I have not folded it yet as I park inside with a 12'x14' door. You can see the joint, hinge about windshield level.

20230717_074820.jpg

CB4ED6BE-2173-486D-959A-1D88D54200D0.jpeg

42D0014E-1A4B-43D8-A4B7-88E019112168.jpeg

20230717_074702.jpg

20230717_075111.jpg

Last edited:
Im interested in this as well for my 210. I have a 10' garage door, T-top sets about 10'8. I don't want to remove the top every time. Has anyone figured a folding solution without replacing the whole thing?

Im interested in this as well for my 210. I have a 10' garage door, T-top sets about 10'8. I don't want to remove the top every time. Has anyone figured a folding solution without replacing the whole thing?

My suggestion would be to measure the top part of the T top and then translate that into how it could fold down, as I said above, and now if memory serves, I don’t think there is very much to gain from having it fold forward.

If you have help, just take the very top off and set it across the bow, then just take the vertical legs off and set them upright in the walkway between the helm and the sides. You will need the Allen wrenches that have the round swivel end when working with the uprights. This can be done in 10 minutes or less easily with two people, faster if you have a powered ratchet. My garage door height is such that I have to take off the windshield as well.

Back