• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Moving to USA

satovod

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi there,
I'm a Russian citizen who has been living in Europe for the past 15 years, residing in countries such as Spain, Switzerland, and Malta. Most of my business clients are based in the United States, and I'm contemplating relocating my production from Europe to the USA while also moving there with my family.

Despite never having visited the United States, my perception of the country is informed by news outlets, Hollywood movies, YouTube, and Netflix shows. Thus, I'm seeking your advice on which city/region would meet my criteria for a comfortable living environment: a location that doesn't get too cold in winter, has a lengthy summer season from May to October, numerous lakes, an abundance of greenery, and nearby mountains. Ideally, it should also be an area with low crime rates and predominantly White. I must admit that news coverage of homelessness, BLM, and the woke movement are alarming to me, and this is the only factor holding me back from making the move. The cost of real estate is not a concern for me as it is still more affordable than in Europe.
Moreover, I homeschool my children, so proximity to excellent schools is not necessary, but I do desire a good neighborhood.

Can you suggest any ideal locations?

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
What is considered too cold?

satovod

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I grew up in Siberia where it was -40F in the winter (I got into the calculator to convert -40 celsius to Fahrenheit and found that it's still -40. hmm, easy)
Where I live now, the winter temperatures don't drop below 50F, and I like that much more. Although sometimes I want snow and skiing, I can spend a couple of hours getting to the mountains. Ideally, I would like to find something similar in the USA.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Northern Florida, lots of lakes, about 50F on winter and you have ocean too. If you really want mountains, then southern california but it is crime ridden, if budget not a problem you can get some good places in california but it will cost you an arm and a leg :). Also check area around Chattanooga Tennessee it has great mountains and lots of lakes, probably 40F in the winter.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Correction Carlsbad NOT Calabasas, it is a suburb of San Diego, ca. shoot for the gated community within the gated community. It’s where the Kardashians, Justin Bieber and many other rich and famous People live. The crime rate there is very low. It’s about 2 hours from the nearest ski resort and two hours from downtown Los Angeles. Not super diverse but very affluent.

if you want to be closer to skiable snow shoot for South Lake Tahoe. Very white community already populated by Europeans. Less diverse than calabasas less affluent as well. About two hours from Sacramento.

don’t be fooled by what you see on the news there are pockets of crime ridden areas but most of california Is open space. Stay away from the “poor” areas and major metro areas with a lot of social services and there is a lot less crime and homelessness.

Last edited:

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Don’t pay attention to news outlets YouTube and Netflix 😂😂

Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida sound like possible fits

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Calabasas, it is a suburb of San Diego, ca. shoot for the gated community within the gated community. It’s where the Kardashians, Justin Bieber and many other rich and famous People live. The crime rate there is very low. It’s about 2 hours from the nearest ski resort and two hours from downtown Los Angeles. Not super diverse but very affluent.

if you want to be closer to skiable snow shoot for South Lake Tahoe. Very white community already populated by Europeans. Less diverse than calabasas less affluent as well. About two hours from Sacramento.

don’t be fooled by what you see on the news there are pockets of crime ridden areas but most of california Is open space. Stay away from the “poor” areas and major metro areas with a lot of social services and there is a lot less crime and homelessness.
Suburb of Los Angeles =)

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you are a serious boater and are considering Southern California, give this Gated CITY that revolves around a private lake a look.... Canyon Lake.

The community (politically) leans to the right and you wont be exposed to the "woke" lifestyle that you seem concerned about.

It's an hour and 15 minutes North of San Diego and just North of Temecula.

1678851769639.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Suburb of Los Angeles =)
Thanks.

Your post got me searching and I corrected my original response from calabasas to Carlsbad per this: A Guide to San Diego's Suburbs

silly me, brain fart. Myson goes to school near San Diego and given us a tour of the Siberia there, I just promoted the wrong city by mistake.

Last edited:

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks.

Your post got me searching and I corrected my original response from calabasas to Carlsbad per this: A Guide to San Diego's Suburbs

silly me, brain fart. Myson goes to school near San Diego and given us a tour of the Siberia there, I just promoted the wrong city by mistake.
All good! Carlsbad is an amazing city if.... if you can afford it =)

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
North/South Carolina fit much of that bill. Stay away from Atlanta GA and also that fits much of that. Alabama has good lakes, and good weather. Basically it sounds like you want to live in the Southeastern US. And/or Utah. UT is about as far as you can get from left leaning politics, aside from Salt Lake City. World class skiing, and proximity to some phenomenal lakes.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
North/South Carolina fit much of that bill. Stay away from Atlanta GA and also that fits much of that. Alabama has good lakes, and good weather. Basically it sounds like you want to live in the Southeastern US. And/or Utah. UT is about as far as you can get from left leaning politics, aside from Salt Lake City. World class skiing, and proximity to some phenomenal lakes.
I was thinking Carolina's as well. Tennessee or Northern Georgia could work too. The south is basically Summer all year long, if you are not used to heat.