• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My Frozen AR195

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Holy tights Batman it’s cold! My wife was busting my chops for freaking out about the ice storm last night. Last time this happened our unit froze up and we had to run emergency heat. So...I had an idea as it was starting to ice over. What if I put my sunbrella over it to keep the ice off it? This is what I found this morning! I also walked down to the boat coral and tried to take a picture of our boat, “Love Our Life,” and my phone froze right as I took the picture! She was covered in ice! Here are some pictures for your enjoyment!
E641967D-1FED-473F-BCE1-D49BA51EC0D2.jpeg2FE574D4-1D65-46A1-80A7-6687AB8D1E1F.jpeg64D42E2E-B3CA-44E2-9AA0-E332E8B2DEFB.jpegA265D70E-DFB2-43DB-8FB8-A1B51F4E5853.jpeg

Oh Man I'm feeling your cold pain!

I don’t mind the cold, I actually enjoy it, but I don’t like being able to go out on the boat. It’s been a while since we’ve had below freezing temps. I am waiting for it to warm up a bit so I can at least run the boat. My goal has always been to make sure I start her up and run her even if I can’t get out on the water. Like an mechanical thing, I don’t think it’s good to not let it run for long periods of time, just my opinion. I hope all is well with you!

Just another day in Paradise up here in Vt. Show me -15° F and I will raise an eyebrow. That will be gone in a day or two. Cover the boat over, always, to keep water from freezing and expanding in small clearances, if weather is to stay cold. A cover just keeps the boat cleaner as well as protecting it from sun damage/oxidation.

Last edited:
It’s like southerners make threads like this just to antagonize us Yankees.

*the weather guessers are saying saying up to 18” of snow this weekend here.

I'm over here concerned about Saturday. High of 47/Low of 35. I don't know how you northerners leave the house in winter.

I'm over here concerned about Saturday. High of 47/Low of 35. I don't know how you northerners leave the house in winter.

You guys have those holes in the sides of your house too. They're called doors. Or do you guys go all Dukes Of Hazzard and only use the windows? ;)

Was 10degF this morning here. While I'm not in the south, I'm not one to see these temps often. Couple times a year if that. You -15degF guys are nuts. It might be pretty up there, but oof that's gotta be hard to survive in. It's not even February yet, and I'm over the cold.

I'm in online courses now that require a lot of team collaboration (case studies for MBA classes), and one of my teammates in this latest class logged on this past weekend wearing what looked like a Parka you see with the North Pole Explorers. Like hardshelled exterior, fur lined hood and sleeves. Pretty serious piece of winter gear. She said it was -32degC....Flipping -25degF. Said she's about 2 hours NORTH of Maine in Canada. So cold......No way I could pull that off. Nope. Not gonna happen!

In other thoughts.......the Louisville Boat show is Friday. Hoping that gets the boating mojo started and with any luck we'll see some 50's in a month or so.

You guys have those holes in the sides of your house too. They're called doors. Or do you guys go all Dukes Of Hazzard and only use the windows? ;)

Just an indoor swimming pool goes under the house and outside. We have these holes you speak of, but they let in too much cold so we sealing them up.

12 degrees here in Indy. Haven't even got any snow this year yet

was out on the seadoo Sportster temp boat yesterday and its 81 here today !!

I don’t mind the cold, I actually enjoy it, but I don’t like being able to go out on the boat. It’s been a while since we’ve had below freezing temps. I am waiting for it to warm up a bit so I can at least run the boat. My goal has always been to make sure I start her up and run her even if I can’t get out on the water. Like an mechanical thing, I don’t think it’s good to not let it run for long periods of time, just my opinion. I hope all is well with you!

Good Morning,

Yes all good out here. My friend got his 212 into the water and the last two weekends were double days on the water. On Sunday I anchored the 190 and drove the 212 while the owner and some friends went wakeboarding and water skiiing. (we are missing something with that dual motor thing...oh my do those things scoot). This weekend is looking up too but not sure I can pull a double, was planning on a Maintenance Saturday. Take it EZ!

12 degrees here in Indy. Haven't even got any snow this year yet
Was 10 when I got in the car this morning. Just a bit south of you guys. Dad is just west over near Champaign, IL. Was 5 in his driveway this morning.

Winter is stupid. I'm over it.

Was 10 when I got in the car this morning. Just a bit south of you guys. Dad is just west over near Champaign, IL. Was 5 in his driveway this morning.

Winter is stupid. I'm over it.
Yeah it used to not bother me, but as I get a little older I absolutely hate it. If it wasn't for my job I would be outta here

Heat wave today.
2E3EB282-AF07-4D6D-9ABF-AFD49B35F6E2.jpeg

Last edited:

I know you guys must hate us down here belly aching about 32 degrees! I use to have a neighbor from Minnesota talking about how crazy cold it was up there, that’s why he moved to the South!

Back