• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Member Question Gas Tank Replacement 2021 Yama FSH 190 Deluxe

DeluxeDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hello Members - I have a 2021 Yamaha FSH 190 Deluxe that has a faulty fuel tank (one screw on fuel pump cross threaded into Kracor fuel tank). What is the method to repair or replace the Kracor fuel tank. Service repair at seller states that engine must be pulled to replace tank. I have less than 6 hours on boat. Noticed gas smell ever since purchase. Is there a way to repair the screw housing in tank instead of yanking the engine?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That should be a warranty item.

DeluxeDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Yes it is a warranty item. But question was do i need to yank the tank to fix issue or repair screw housing in Kracor tank. Service center states that engine must be removed to replace the tank.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No what I mean is the Yamaha dealer does all the work.

DeluxeDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Sorry - I meant is it necessary for the service center to replace the tank or can the tank be repaired to accept the 2 dollar screw that secures the fuel pump to the tank? I understand that this is under warranty.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have no idea about what it would take to repair that screw, I can’t see it. It might be possible to put a threadsert or heli coil in there but to be clear, do not touch it! Let Yamaha repair that. If it means a new tank then they get to do all the work.

Last edited:

DeluxeDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
This a major repair/effort/downtime because of a 2 dollar screw. Yanking the engine is quite the extreme. Something to consider when purchasing a new, expensive boat.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cover the leaking screw with a glob of fuel resistant rtv from the parts store to stop the smell. Let them know you’re doing that and that you’re going to have them replace the tank in the off season. Get it in writing.

I wouldn’t do any more than that to DIY it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t understand why you have to pull the engine to get to the fuel tank. I’m probably just not familiar with your boats setup. In the 230s and 240s the fuel tank is in a separate compartment in front of the engines so getting to and extracting it isn’t really a problem.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
On my 210 FSH it would come out through the head compartment….

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cover the leaking screw with a glob of fuel resistant rtv from the parts store to stop the smell. Let them know you’re doing that and that you’re going to have them replace the tank in the off season. Get it in writing.

I wouldn’t do any more than that to DIY it.
I would do what @AZMark is suggesting and also add that it'll more than likely only leak when the tank is filled to capacity. So learn your fuel consumption and only fill it to 3/4-7/8‘s full each time and that should get you through this season until the repair.

DeluxeDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thank you for the great responses. I am still waiting for the tank to come in. Would try the RTV route but since this item is under warranty I will wait. And wait, and wait. This is a leisure boat. I will let everyone know what transpires in the future. Thanks again for the timely responses.

DeluxeDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I don’t understand why you have to pull the engine to get to the fuel tank. I’m probably just not familiar with your boats setup. In the 230s and 240s the fuel tank is in a separate compartment in front of the engines so getting to and extracting it isn’t really a problem.
The Deluxe FSH 190 has a 40 gallon tank. The access to the tank is in the floor directly in front of the engine and captain seat. The access door is only big enough to access the top of the tank (fuel pump/fuel gauge, etc..).
The center console has a hatch that lifts on a hinge to access main circuitry boards and head compartment. I do not think that it has a bottom hatch to access the tank. I will check and let you know what I find. Thanks Ronnie for your help.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Deluxe FSH 190 has a 40 gallon tank. The access to the tank is in the floor directly in front of the engine and captain seat. The access door is only big enough to access the top of the tank (fuel pump/fuel gauge, etc..).
The center console has a hatch that lifts on a hinge to access main circuitry boards and head compartment. I do not think that it has a bottom hatch to access the tank. I will check and let you know what I find. Thanks Ronnie for your help.
IMHO the tank will come out through the head compartment. There is a bulkhead that is part of the liner that is permanent just in front of the engine.

DeluxeDude

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
IMHO the tank will come out through the head compartment. There is a bulkhead that is part of the liner that is permanent just in front of the engine.
Yes - Correct - the tank was removed through the "head" compartment. New tank installed successfully. No charge whatsoever from dealership as tank was covered under warranty.
Thank you for all of your help!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes - Correct - the tank was removed through the "head" compartment. New tank installed successfully. No charge whatsoever from dealership as tank was covered under warranty.
Thank you for all of your help!

That’s Awesome! Glad it’s all fixed!

Thanks for closing the loop!