• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Oil filter cross reference

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello, anyone have across reference for this oil filter in a 2022 FSH 210 Sport / 5GH-13440-61

Attachments

• oil filter.jpg
    oil filter.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
I was thinking of picking up the NAPA Gold 1358 or NAPA Platinum 1358 today at the store. They have them in stock at NAPA. Amazon sent me the wrong ones when I ordered last fall and I gave them to another member they were for the 1.8's.

Anyhow. Anyone have good or Bad to say about the NAPA's?

Anyone have good or Bad to say about the NAPA's?

They are good filters. Use them at work on everything.

I am going to give the FRAM filters a try this year. Easier to source and cheaper.

I have WIX now and plan on cutting the filter open to inspect the guts when I change the oil. Will do the same with the FRAM when I change them.

They are good filters. Use them at work on everything.

Wonder if I should get the Platinum or if the Gold is fine just a couple bucks difference?

That part # replaces 5GH1344060 which is crossed over to a Fram PH6017A, WIX 51358 or NAPA Gold 1358.

Good job! When I get out to my shop I’ll toss in the Amsoil equivalent numbers.

Wonder if I should get the Platinum or if the Gold is fine just a couple bucks difference?

It really comes down to what the absolute filtering is, how many microns and at what % of efficiency. @Babin Farms, do you know these numbers on these filters ? I’ve always seen good reviews on WIX and NAPA filters. Fram not so much, there several u tubes on people disassembling various oil filters, the WIX and NAPA filters do well, the Fram filters that I have seen taken apart are poorly made and many had rust in them.

Im pretty sure the Amsoil filters are 20 microns at 98 or 99% efficiency. I’ll post back later with confirmation or correction.

It really comes down to what the absolute filtering is, how many microns and at what % of efficiency. @Babin Farms, do you know these numbers on these filters ? I’ve always seen good reviews on WIX and NAPA filters. Fram not so much, there several u tubes on people disassembling various oil filters, the WIX and NAPA filters do well, the Fram filters that I have seen taken apart are poorly made and many had rust in them.

Im pretty sure the Amsoil filters are 20 microns at 98 or 99% efficiency. I’ll post back later with confirmation or correction.
Cool thanks. If you have a part number that would be great, since I would assume you are using it on your boat. Then I can see if they are locally available.

I was thinking of picking up the NAPA Gold 1358 or NAPA Platinum 1358 today at the store. They have them in stock at NAPA. Amazon sent me the wrong ones when I ordered last fall and I gave them to another member they were for the 1.8's.

Anyhow. Anyone have good or Bad to say about the NAPA's?
Wix makes the napa filters

@HangOutdoors I have not used the Amsoil filters yet, they will be going on next oil change. I called Amsoil and gave them the Yamaha part number, as well as some of the vehicle applications from the Yamaha filter box and the Amsoil tech provided me with this oil filter.

20 microns at 99% efficiency

27BFD4DF-444D-44B5-8412-E27B9262A11F.jpeg

FWIW I’ve been running the Amsoil 10W-40 marine oil for the last couple of changes.

Filters are like anything else, a personal preference. All filters have there issued depending on what your looking at and looking for. I've read some bad about the AC DELCO filters I use in my truck but if you take it to the dealership they will use the same filter and there are plenty of people that take their vehicles to the dealership for service with no issues. Are there better filters out there, sure but there's always something "better" out there. I've heard bad about FRAM, WIX, NAPA, KN and others but never seen any evidence of continuous issues. My thought with the FRAM is that if they were having issues to the point where engine losses were common due to their products that they would no longer be in business. I'm giving them a shot for a season on the ATV's & boat, cutting them open at the next oil change and doing my own analysis on the differences of the filters.

Well looked around locally.... Honestly getting tired of ordering everything on line....... And I can source the NAPA Gold 1358 at the NAPA store. Going to give them a run this summer.

Picked up 4 of the NAPA Gold 1358, they had one as a display that was cut in half. Looks like a well build filter.

Back