• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil type

ansonamis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Is this the same for the oil used in a 2014 242 limited S?F42BAEA9-537F-4839-A25D-69FE83084D0C.jpeg

No. It is not the marine grade.

60587EBE-EAE4-4EAE-8A5B-B8D1BD7497BB.jpeg

To the OP's question. Is it the same no. Is it to the same spec, yes, would it work, yes.

4T tells me this was seen in Canada. It seems the Canadians are the only ones that call two stroke and four stroke 2T and 4T. Europe possibly as well.

@ansonamis I concur, it's not the same as Yamalube 4W which is their conventional watercraft oil. I also agree that it would meet the spec required by Yamaha, which is actually pretty low since SE is a very old spec in the oil world. Today we have SN & SP ratings which supersedes all previous ratings.

Any 10w40 oil will work. I'm running Castrol GTX 10w40 which is SP rated synthetic blend at half the cost of Yamalube and it has a better additive pack for better lubrication and protection.

To the OP's question. Is it the same no. Is it to the same spec, yes, would it work, yes.

4T tells me this was seen in Canada. It seems the Canadians are the only ones that call two stroke and four stroke 2T and 4T. Europe possibly as well.

Ok thanks for the information.

@ansonamis I concur, it's not the same as Yamalube 4W which is their conventional watercraft oil. I also agree that it would meet the spec required by Yamaha, which is actually pretty low since SE is a very old spec in the oil world. Today we have SN & SP ratings which supersedes all previous ratings.

Any 10w40 oil will work. I'm running Castrol GTX 10w40 which is SP rated synthetic blend at half the cost of Yamalube and it has a better additive pack for better lubrication and protection.
Great and thank you for the response.

Back