• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately today was our last outing (of the season)😕
Next week it's over to the marina for a bottom wash and shrink wrap.
Saddest day of the year😢FB_IMG_1569206092983.jpgFB_IMG_1569206097906.jpgFB_IMG_1569206101013.jpg

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Another Dual lake weekend. Saturday on Norris lake,TN with the rail bunnies. It was soooo nice and mellow. Hardly anyone on it and smooth as glass. Did 84 miles around the lake checking out properties for us and the bunnie on the right, lol. Had to fill up when we stopped for grub at Bubbas. That was a first.

And Then Sunday on Tellico Lake, TN all alone. The women were out house shopping and i was bored. I tell you what, launching and recovering alone is a bit stressful. But i took my time, didn't break or damage anything so all in all a good day.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JDFester Mind if I ask what you have holding your flag to the tower there? Those connectors look super handy!

@Neutron That steak looks amazing. I've seriously got to get me a grill on the boat for next season!

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JDFester Mind if I ask what you have holding your flag to the tower there? Those connectors look super handy!

The clips are Nite-Ize S-biner clips: similar to these. The tower connectors are my first attempt at 3-D Printing; tried a few different products, but cound't find any I liked that would hold the flags in place in the middle of the tower like I wanted. I'd be happy to print you some or share the files if they'd be helpful.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The clips are Nite-Ize S-biner clips: similar to these. The tower connectors are my first attempt at 3-D Printing; tried a few different products, but cound't find any I liked that would hold the flags in place in the middle of the tower like I wanted. I'd be happy to print you some or share the files if they'd be helpful.
If you would share the files that would be amazing. I have access to a CNC machine and would love to check out the design.

Jdaniels

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

@Neutron That steak looks amazing. I've seriously got to get me a grill on the boat for next season!
Same here. I'd be looking to place it onto the Bimini or the anchor light pole. Did you purchase it as a combo package?

Newmaniak

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I suppose you know that is illegal in every state because it is really dangerous for the person in the water? I hope you were on a vacant private lake.
Yes sir, I am aware. All precautions were taken. It's not something that we do on the reg, but sometimes you have to say WTF and live a little!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Billtex2000 Man, that ramp looks super sketchy. Did you have to back down and swing the trailer to get it perpendicular to the water? Make me really appreciate the wide open access we have here.

@Jdaniels Looks like @JDFester Custom 3D printed those attachments. Sure looks like he has a budding business if he wanted to sell some :D :D

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you would share the files that would be amazing. I have access to a CNC machine and would love to check out the design.
What format would you like them in? I did the design in Solidworks...

Same here. I'd be looking to place it onto the Bimini or the anchor light pole. Did you purchase it as a combo package?
Bimini frame would probably work; I tried this kit in the stern pole socket, but lost the flag and pole on my first outing with it; works fine at low speed, but can't handle the force under way... I think SeaSense also makes a kit with just the clips for the smaller diameter poles, and even had one with rings that would go on my tower, but they wouldn't stay centered, so I ended up just making these and have been very happy with their performance. Only issue I had was overtightening one and cracking it, but found that a snug fit lets you move them on the tower to adjust, but keeps them in place with the flag flapping in a 50mph breeze!

Jdaniels

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Unfortunately today was our last outing (of the season)😕
Next week it's over to the marina for a bottom wash and shrink wrap.
Saddest day of the year😢View attachment 105573View attachment 105574View attachment 105575
Sorry to hear that.
What format would you like them in? I did the design in Solidworks...

Bimini frame would probably work; I tried this kit in the stern pole socket, but lost the flag and pole on my first outing with it; works fine at low speed, but can't handle the force under way... I think SeaSense also makes a kit with just the clips for the smaller diameter poles, and even had one with rings that would go on my tower, but they wouldn't stay centered, so I ended up just making these and have been very happy with their performance. Only issue I had was overtightening one and cracking it, but found that a snug fit lets you move them on the tower to adjust, but keeps them in place with the flag flapping in a 50mph breeze!
Awesome, thanks.

JD

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Normal people will not understand how this helps my OCD. Months on the lift in need of love. View attachment 105558Welcome to the Suds Shop Lake Gypsy!
Ok tell me your soap cannon setup if you would please. I'm interested in getting one since I have a few toys to keep clean.

Jdaniels

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Jdaniels

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Likely the last outing this year. I went straight from the airport off a flight from Tokyo to getting the boat out. Had to cut it short due to incoming storms but the kids got a nice thrill ride.
View attachment 105636
Dedication..:winkingthumbsup"

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok tell me your soap cannon setup if you would please. I'm interested in getting one since I have a few toys to keep clean.
Get an MTM Hydro foam lance! Best one in the biz. The cheapies off amazon and what not will work ok, and for a bit. However, you can't beat the MTM. Meguiars Hyper wash does well in there as well as it contains no waxes. So nothing to gum up the gun. I use a ceramic wash, which can/does clog up the cannon a bit. Have to pull it apart every now and again. Which is kind of a pain, BUT makes keeping protection on the boat a breeze as I can wash/protect it in one step. Been detailing on the side for 20 years.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Don't really have any pics, and for some reason the quality has been whacked pretty bad. Not sure if it's a youtube thing or what.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Get an MTM Hydro foam lance! Best one in the biz. The cheapies off amazon and what not will work ok, and for a bit. However, you can't beat the MTM. Meguiars Hyper wash does well in there as well as it contains no waxes. So nothing to gum up the gun. I use a ceramic wash, which can/does clog up the cannon a bit. Have to pull it apart every now and again. Which is kind of a pain, BUT makes keeping protection on the boat a breeze as I can wash/protect it in one step. Been detailing on the side for 20 years.
DING DING DING... We have a winner.

After shopping the $20-$50 foam cannons on Amazon, and reading tons of reviews. I went to YouTube and found the results. Everyone that has made the investment in MTM has not regretted it.

But just like the idiot that spends way too much money on a toy that sucks, they are usually the last one to admit they made a poor choice. I, on the other hand, feel it is a service if I made a financial mistake.

Honestly, the MTM foam cannon, gun and 50ft of commercial grade hose cost more than the pressure washer. But I literally can walk around my entire boat without moving my pressure washer! And I have quick connects from the spigot, to the pressure washer all the way out to the tip of the lance. It just plain works (without leaks)

The 242LS is big enough, that I have to foam it in sections. As I want to let the soap loosen up the dirt, but not dry on. So I do a side at a time, and interior at a time. Rinse, Foam, Hand brush or rotating pressure brush, then rinse again. After that I decide if I need to use buffing compound to remove bumper rash and then wax to be sure all water spots are gone. Finish the white portion of the hull with acid wash and rinse. Condition the tires and all plastics.

I even simple greened my engine bay last night. I should have waited till I did my oil changes, but I can wipe that up.

Good luck!