• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
DING DING DING... We have a winner.

After shopping the $20-$50 foam cannons on Amazon, and reading tons of reviews. I went to YouTube and found the results. Everyone that has made the investment in MTM has not regretted it.

But just like the idiot that spends way too much money on a toy that sucks, they are usually the last one to admit they made a poor choice. I, on the other hand, feel it is a service if I made a financial mistake.

Honestly, the MTM foam cannon, gun and 50ft of commercial grade hose cost more than the pressure washer. But I literally can walk around my entire boat without moving my pressure washer! And I have quick connects from the spigot, to the pressure washer all the way out to the tip of the lance. It just plain works (without leaks)

The 242LS is big enough, that I have to foam it in sections. As I want to let the soap loosen up the dirt, but not dry on. So I do a side at a time, and interior at a time. Rinse, Foam, Hand brush or rotating pressure brush, then rinse again. After that I decide if I need to use buffing compound to remove bumper rash and then wax to be sure all water spots are gone. Finish the white portion of the hull with acid wash and rinse. Condition the tires and all plastics.

I even simple greened my engine bay last night. I should have waited till I did my oil changes, but I can wipe that up.

Good luck!

I also bought a 50ft commercial hose as I drag mine all over the concrete and don't want a busted hose. However, my pressure washer isn't quite that cheap. LOL! Giving that it makes me money I didn't mind spending a couple hundred $$ on my pressure washer.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@2kwik4u Yes, it is...and I stress about it every year! lol
PPL lowers the lake level over the course of Summer. It's about 6ft. lower than when I put the boat in. I do need to angle the trailer and the tires are just at the edge of the concrete. Again, I stress about it every year, but I always make it out OK!
ramp.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Could be the last trip with a dunk in the water.
Finally made it till sunset!

IMG-20190925-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20190925-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20190925-WA0011.jpg IMG-20190925-WA0015.jpg

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
8AC5DF8A-FE1B-4CD6-A4BA-C467ADCE1272.jpeg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I broke my dry spell on Sunday. It had been 6 weeks since my boat last touched the water. I was not coping well with that fact. My wife had a sudden bout with hypertension and it took several weeks for her to feel normal enough to venture out in the boat again.

Anyway, Sunday just happened to coincide with the last day of summer. We made a date out of it as well since we celebrated our anniversary a few days prior.

The sad thing is this week looks like the last ~70° day I'm seeing in the forecast... I hope that's not true... but we're not great cold weather boaters. It was only 71 while we were out Sunday and my wife was bundled up. There was no chance she was getting in the water. I on the other hand was not going to be stopped. I got in and she was kind enough to pull me around for what was probably over an hour of boarding.

I made this little montage to commemorate the occasion. Enjoy!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was a beautiful lazy afternoon for a sail yesterday. Only a couple other boats out there with us, Testing out the new reefing lines I installed. Put the second reef in, let the genoa out. That de-powers the boat in heavy/gusty winds and keeps the healing to 5° or less. With 2 reefs in the main and the genoa out we were making 5kts. in less than 8kt. winds. This is a fun fast sailboat. Even when testing and depowered. The Captain is having fun. Don't mind the party lights.

20190927_150850.jpg

20190927_145336.jpg

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
105938Last day in the water for me. Lewis and Clark Lake in S.D. Went out by myself, found it pretty odd without the family and dog in tow.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wife tried wake surfing last week, but only tried a couple of times to get up before calling it quits. Today she managed to get up her second try but fell pretty quickly. Third try she got up with ease!! Pretty incredible for someone who's never done any watersports in her life. Our little boy keeping a watchful eye on his momma. Then we retired to hang out at a beach that's normally jammed all by ourselves. Tomorrow is another day and a different lake after church. 20190928_153228.jpg20190928_141654.jpg

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wife tried wake surfing last week, but only tried a couple of times to get up before calling it quits. Today she managed to get up her second try but fell pretty quickly. Third try she got up with ease!! Pretty incredible for someone who's never done any watersports in her life. Our little boy keeping a watchful eye on his momma. Then we retired to hang out at a beach that's normally jammed all by ourselves. Tomorrow is another day and a different lake after church. View attachment 105997View attachment 105998
Smile on her face says it all. Boating is so much more fun when everyone joins in the fun.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@suke She looks like another one succumbing to the surf disease. May as well not fight it and open your wallet. Start with the Wake Wedge for your boat. Then buy 2 tubing ropes and braid them together to make a surf rope. (You don't want to keep surfing a rope with a handle) Next time out run the rope though the port side of the tower so the pull point is off center. It will help her get up and settle in the wave. Keep sending pictures of your happy family.