• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice table. Where’d you get the socket to attach it to the post? Is the grill bolted down to the surface?
Got the extra table leg and the mount from boats.net its the factory table mount. I have 4 stainless screws in the table where each grill leg comes on contact with the table. That way it can't slide around. And yesterday was a great test. There was so many boats creating large wakes
20200620_160937.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Renaissance Center, Downtown Detroit from the Detroit River.
20200628_174401.jpg

Last edited:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@HangOutdoors how cold is that water? Over here on the west side of Lake Michigan it’s barely above 65 yet.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
River is 73. Lake St. Clair is 77. As of today.

I will be on the west side in lake michigan starting Wednesday. Near Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Plan to go into White Lake and out into Lake Michigan, probably won't stay out there long, just to check it out.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Tried wakeboarding for the first time yesterday on the new boat. Got up first try!! Didn’t stay up for very long... for some reason, getting doesn’t trouble me at all, staying on the water however, does. Never last more than 15-20 seconds... any tips??

(Yes that is me in the gif wakeboarding for the first time, yes it feels like I broke my face) 8C928754-1335-49BF-9275-5EDD5235AAC2.gif

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tried wakeboarding for the first time yesterday on the new boat. Got up first try!! Didn’t stay up for very long... for some reason, getting doesn’t trouble me at all, staying on the water however, does. Never last more than 15-20 seconds... any tips??

(Yes that is me in the gif wakeboarding for the first time, yes it feels like I broke my face) View attachment 124365
just keep leaning away from the boat / keep the board going to the outside to help keep the rope taught,

It looks like once you cleared the wake you picked up a little speed, the rope went loose and your weight went forward....

like waterskiing, if you feel the rope going slack lift your arms up to help keep the tension, don't let your shoulders go in front of your waist,

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
just keep leaning away from the boat / keep the board going to the outside to help keep the rope taught,

It looks like once you cleared the wake you picked up a little speed, the rope went loose and your weight went forward....

like waterskiing, if you feel the rope going slack lift your arms up to help keep the tension, don't let your shoulders go in front of your waist,

Is it best to put more pressure on my back foot? in order to lean back?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
your back foot or your heels, its a delicate balance, go for overkill keeping your weight on your heels until you get the feel of the board,

it's why a constant boat speed makes boarding so much easier, if the boat is changing speed, you as the rider now have another variable to factor in while you cross the wake or change the board direction,

if you're gaining speed you always want it to be horizontal to the boat,

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
your back foot or your heels, its a delicate balance, go for overkill keeping your weight on your heels until you get the feel of the board,

it's why a constant boat speed makes boarding so much easier, if the boat is changing speed, you as the rider now have another variable to factor in while you cross the wake or change the board direction,

if you're gaining speed you always want it to be horizontal to the boat,

Thanks! Another thing to add to the drivers checklist... We'll see how it looks by the end of the week LOL

Mshu714

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

(Yes that is me in the gif wakeboarding for the first time, yes it feels like I broke my face) View attachment 124365

For me it is not looking at the boat that much. Look at the water ahead of you and see what is coming. Looks like when your eyes went up to the boat you ate it.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
For me it is not looking at the boat that much. Look at the water ahead of you and see what is coming. Looks like when your eyes went up to the boat you ate it.
That is something i did find myself doing a lot.. I wasnt sure if i should look at the water, the direction of the boat, or just straight! I'll defiantly be keeping a closer eye on the water.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Keep those arms staight and down by your hip. Boat speed around 18 until you're ready to go faster.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

LOL from a guy that just started wake boarding this summer too and has take more than his share of toe sides face plants, I have to tell you to just stick with it and watch some youtube videos!

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went for an afternoon/evening ride last night with the kids.

Attachments

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
My Father’s Day gift was getting to go and finally start working on wave! Got a wake booster and milled it out to fit a 2015 212x and loaded almost 2k lbs in ballast and passengers. Just need to work on placement and a way to knock down a bit more jet wash. Good days :)6FD9C086-034E-4E52-A161-3C5F75A15A4D.jpg