• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Painting tower with Line-x

JetBoatPenguin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi Jetboaters....queuing up projects for after the boating season. Has anyone in the group taken their older alum silver towers and covered them with Line-x material. Eg thinking of covering it with white.

There are some YouTube examples....I've seen the threads on using Line-X on the hull but not on the towers. Was thinking powder coating but believe Line-x may last longer.

Thoughts? Comments?

Of course thinking of other tower mods as well like extending the tower framing out front....talking on a 2010 Ar240.

I'm not an expert on it. But, I have looked in to it as a keel protector and I'd imagine that it would work well for what you're wanting to do. Two things do bring on questions... Would you use it where the tow rope hooks up and if so, would it wear down or add undue abrasion on your rope. And, it will be applied with some thickness, enough that it might make mounting speakers, flags, or board holders a little problematic. Other than that, everything I've heard about it makes it sound bullet proof. Back in the day, before Line-X, I used a similar, less impressive version, to coat the wheel wells on a Jeep and was amazing for durability and sound proofing.

I'm not an expert on it. But, I have looked in to it as a keel protector and I'd imagine that it would work well for what you're wanting to do. Two things do bring on questions... Would you use it where the tow rope hooks up and if so, would it wear down or add undue abrasion on your rope. And, it will be applied with some thickness, enough that it might make mounting speakers, flags, or board holders a little problematic. Other than that, everything I've heard about it makes it sound bullet proof. Back in the day, before Line-X, I used a similar, less impressive version, to coat the wheel wells on a Jeep and was amazing for durability and sound proofing.
SOmeone on here used Line-X as a Keel Guard. Dude with the stripper pole installed on the swim deck. He's out of California. I can't remember his user name though

@Sotally Tober

Hi Jetboaters....queuing up projects for after the boating season. Has anyone in the group taken their older alum silver towers and covered them with Line-x material. Eg thinking of covering it with white.

There are some YouTube examples....I've seen the threads on using Line-X on the hull but not on the towers. Was thinking powder coating but believe Line-x may last longer.

Thoughts? Comments?

Of course thinking of other tower mods as well like extending the tower framing out front....talking on a 2010 Ar240.

Unless you just like the cosmetics of it then I couldn't see the value. The biggest con would be rubbing up against it with skin. It is rough.

I've Line-X'd my keel. Super happy with it and wouldn't go back to a keel shield or gator guard (I've had both). It's held up over the last 4 season perfectly and has done nothing to my top end speed. As for the tower, I actually powder coated the tower on my 2007 AR210 Gloss Black. Never any issues.

LineX is also heavy. I dunno that I would use it for that application.

Now plastidip on the other hand, that'd be a GREAT place for it. Soft, good for grip, easy to touch up, and available in a lot ofncolors now.

Back