• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Please help. Thru-Hull needed at least 2.5" in length.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Attachments

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
And you were able to get the nut on, yes? I'm wondering if he is getting it to fit flush.
Yes, IIrC the nut didn’t sit flush 100% when tightened so I put 4200 around it.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I cut a little too much off of mine. You could always use a thinner nut, like a jam nut.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe it’s not a Yammy? 🤔
I'm just going on what he's got listed on his profile. Says he's got a 2022 252SD. I know the winch rollers are different from the 21' due to a slightly different shape of the nose, so perhaps the shape of the new 25' boats have more distance between the inner and outer shells up near the anchor locker. Both you and I had plenty sticking inside the anchor locker, and from what I can tell, that fitting I linked above is just a fuzz over 2.5" (Amazon's description says 2 9/16", specifically). I had plenty inside the anchor locker, probably a half an inch at least, if not more. Yours was similar, so I can only assume the 25' is configured somewhat differently.

@deubank444 can you confirm you've got the boat listed in your profile? If so, that's some info for others following your footsteps to take note of, and to add to the FAQ

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks but that one is 1/2" ID - making it much larger OD. I don't want to make the hole any larger than it is right now.
Can you post a picture?
Pics on your end are going to help as well, so we can see what you're looking at. @adrianp89 has a 252 and said the Amazon-linked fitting worked in his case. There were 2 Amazon links to choose from, so I don't know which one he used, but if we saw where your fitting is located, adrian could tell you if it's in the same spot - he did mention that he had to make it work a little, so I don't know if that means screwing the fitting in since it would be pretty close to the exact opening you have, or if there's something else needed.

That fitting @RobbieO linked to would look like this before it was trimmed - this is on my 21' AR210:

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yeah see our nut would sit flush. The hull is 2 in thick give or take. The fitting we got is 2 and 3/16. I don't know if 3/16 if good enough of a bite for that nut to stay on.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Pics on your end are going to help as well, so we can see what you're looking at. @adrianp89 has a 252 and said the Amazon-linked fitting worked in his case. There were 2 Amazon links to choose from, so I don't know which one he used, but if we saw where your fitting is located, adrian could tell you if it's in the same spot - he did mention that he had to make it work a little, so I don't know if that means screwing the fitting in since it would be pretty close to the exact opening you have, or if there's something else needed.

That fitting @RobbieO linked to would look like this before it was trimmed - this is on my 21' AR210:

Yeah there is no way ours would look like that.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I'm just going on what he's got listed on his profile. Says he's got a 2022 252SD. I know the winch rollers are different from the 21' due to a slightly different shape of the nose, so perhaps the shape of the new 25' boats have more distance between the inner and outer shells up near the anchor locker. Both you and I had plenty sticking inside the anchor locker, and from what I can tell, that fitting I linked above is just a fuzz over 2.5" (Amazon's description says 2 9/16", specifically). I had plenty inside the anchor locker, probably a half an inch at least, if not more. Yours was similar, so I can only assume the 25' is configured somewhat differently.

@deubank444 can you confirm you've got the boat listed in your profile? If so, that's some info for others following your footsteps to take note of, and to add to the FAQ
Yes he has a 2022 252SD

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yeah see our nut would sit flush. The hull is 2 in thick give or take. The fitting we got is 2 and 3/16. I don't know if 3/16 if good enough of a bite for that nut to stay on.
Did you buy this brand specifically? Because if you didn't, that could be why yours is too short.
keehui 316 Stainless Steel Durable Combo Stainless Steel Thru-Hull Fitting w/Nut with Custom Gasket Boat Plumbing Fittings for Boats, Yachts, Marine

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Did you buy this brand specifically? Because if you didn't, that could be why yours is too short.
keehui 316 Stainless Steel Durable Combo Stainless Steel Thru-Hull Fitting w/Nut with Custom Gasket Boat Plumbing Fittings for Boats, Yachts, Marine
Yes. The Keehui 316 Stainless Steel Durable Combo Stainless Steel Thru-Hull Fitting w/Nut with Custom Gasket Boat Plumbing Fittings for Boats, Yachts, Marine is 2 3/16 long. Same as ours.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just happen to read this while on the water. Here is a pic. A bit dirty.

BF344E93-8F79-43F7-B849-12F0615AC0DE.jpeg

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Was your fitting just prairie dogging?
Lol not sure how to answer that. It came through enough for the nut to tighten it done enough. I think I might have had to enlarge the hole by 1/16th or 1/32 of an inch. On the forward side the nut didn’t sit flush against the fiberglass so I filled it in with 4200 that’s why it’s white.