• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Potential Buyers Beware

Jjones-stevens_2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As many of you know, 2021 models are extremely difficult to come by at the moment. After spending an entire day yesterday calling dealers, I finally found a dealer that says they have a 2021 AR210 in stock, Ridenow powersports in Jacksonville.
Following a finance interview over the phone with a Yamaha rep, I get a call from ridenow that I’m approved for the purchase.

I am from Indiana and asked them to please email me the details and they are stating they cannot do so due to legal/fraud protection but when I come into the store they have multiple lender offers for me to review...After further review of the dealer’s profile on the BBB it seems multiple potential buyers have agreed on a unit at the dealer to discover once they got to the dealer the unit was no longer available. I have a feeling that is what this dealer is trying to do with me as well (also told me no paperwork could be signed unless I was at the dealer in person).

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone else trying as hard as I was to get a 2021 model. Please delete if not appropriate, but thought others should be aware and don’t fall into the same trap as I did.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Sounds shady AF. I gotta an overpriced 2020 212S if you want. :)

typhoon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I just picked up my 252XE today that I purchased from Ride Now's competitor across town. I did go to Ride Now, and did not get a warm and fuzzy them. Something just felt off there. Sorry for your experience.

Jjones-stevens_2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I appreciate everyone’s replies. It was definitely disappointing to hear I was approved but that I couldn’t get a single detail over the phone (call or text). Seemed extremely odd to me, but hey with the way the market is I’m sure some wouldn’t care whatever hoops a dealer made them jump through to get a new boat. Just thought I could save someone else a credit run if they were thinking about working with them out of state.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jjones-stevens_2020 I get where they are coming even though I wouldn't like it. It is not to difficult to get peoples info, social security number, tax info etc. And commit fraud and buy a large ticket item. It is happening all over the place right now and fraud has skyrocketed since people are apprehensive about going into places and a lot of deals are done remotely. If they have the boat you want, slap a deposit on it. You can then shop your own financing if you so desire. Don't get me wrong I agree with you. If they won't take a deposit over the phone and send you a receipt, purchase order, invoice, etc. with HIN number and line item figures after that I then would assume they are gaming me on a stock item.

Jjones-stevens_2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I totally understand, but they had me text them a picture of my ID to their phone. Did not seem to me that if they had me do that, they were seriously unable to have a phone conversation with me to discuss the terms.

They asked me to put a 1k deposit down sight unseen and lending terms unseen...no way, just wanted to share my experience.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea, you are spot on, not sure why if they have your id and want 1k deposit they can't give you terms. Makes no sense.

Although if they have the boat in stock, when you show up if you didn't like the deal you could walk and get your deposit back. Indiana to Jacksonville is a long way though. Reach out to @Boatinmama14 , she will get is hopefully squared away, or at the very least know what is going on.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Seems a bit sketchy to me. When I got mine last year I bought mine out of state they took all my info and I got pre approved for my loan but they would not give me a rate till I got there. I gave them $1K down and that was applied towards the purchase. I did that in April and did not go and get my boat till July.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Big chain bs. Same as any big car dealer. Owners are 2000 miles away and have no idea what kind of shenanigans local salespeople are up to.
You can close a mortgage or a billion dollar corporate loan over email, they can send you details on a boat.

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just recently purchased a 2021 AR210 from a dealer in Michigan with no issues. Like you I did an internet search and had to jump on it quickly once I found one. I called, put $5k down and they quickly sent me the info I needed to secure the loan through a local credit union. If you put money down and they don't send you a bill of sale, something is fishy. Grand Pointe Marina has been great to work with. I will make the 5 hour trip up to get the boat next weekend.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@usmc6175 Although I didn't use them, they are good dealer, about 10 minutes from the house. Enjoy your boat! If you have any issues, I am right around the corner.

If you are going to the one in Harrison Township, that is a couple blocks where we launch in Lake St. Clair. If you see open water yet, hollar!

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@usmc6175 Although I didn't use them, they are good dealer, about 10 minutes from the house. Enjoy your boat! If you have any issues, I am right around the corner.

If you are going to the one in Harrison Township, that is a couple blocks where we launch in Lake St. Clair. If you see open water yet, hollar!
Thanks man! I am picking up at the Sterling Heights location. I can't wait to pick it up!!!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@usmc6175 Make sure you tell them you want the shipping cover AND the tower brackets that held the tower in place when they shipped it to them. Its two almost L brackets and two bolts. It is important if you are going to use the shipping cover for long term storage or over the winter, etc. It holds the tower up a bit higher than fully collapsed so it makes the shipping cover rest higher and more taught. Without them it sags more than I would like for outside storage. I have posted pictures here of what they look like I just can't seem to find the thread. I can go out and raise up my shipping cover and take a picture of them again if you like. It also takes the stress off the hinge point, which it seems is a good Idead for long term storage or trailering.

Also get the bow roller and swap it at the dealership for the ride home, otherwise you will be probably unhappy the way the junk stock roller will mar up your boat. If you can get it in time I would definitely get some soft thick rubber and put it between the stock roller and your bow and snug it down.

Yea that dealership is literally less than a mile from my office.

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors Thanks for the advise. I did tell them I wanted the shipping cover and they said that had one for me. I will make sure that I get the tower brackets as well.

In your opinion what roller should I get?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Stolz bow roller. This is the one I use. There are a ton of threads on it here. Most important upgrade you will make, the stock roller is absolute garbage will mark up your brand new boat.

This is the one I use and alot of members use. Some use different bells on the sides. This one has been fantastic.

4 Inch Stoltz Semi-V Bow Roller Kit-25430-K (sturdybuiltonline.com)

usmc6175

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors thanks for the advice. Roller ordered and on its way. Thanks again!

Kawak11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No I did not.

Jjones-stevens_2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just recently purchased a 2021 AR210 from a dealer in Michigan with no issues. Like you I did an internet search and had to jump on it quickly once I found one. I called, put $5k down and they quickly sent me the info I needed to secure the loan through a local credit union. If you put money down and they don't send you a bill of sale, something is fishy. Grand Pointe Marina has been great to work with. I will make the 5 hour trip up to get the boat next weekend.
Glad to hear you snagged one—you are lucky! In response to $$$ down, just to clarify and keep my post as accurate as possible (and not post fake information about the experience) I did not put any money down. I wasn’t comfortable doing so without first knowing they weren’t trying to get me down to Florida and sign a loan with a ridiculous rate.

Thanks again for all the responses everyone. I’ve relied heavily on the experiences you have all posted here on this forum, and while mine wasn’t a positive post, I hope it helps someone else in some way, shape, or form to be more informed. I never would’ve thought I would need to ask a business if I’ll know the terms after they run my credit, but now I know