• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchase Agreement for 255 XE

crains

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Gents tell me if this is a good deal! Dealer price includes Yamaha Cover, lifejackets, docklines, handful of other "lake-ready/lake legal" accessories. Am I getting shook down or not?

Attachments

• 255XE.png
    255XE.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 148
MSRP is $97,000 on that boat i think. So there is about 6k baked in there I believe, plus the $893 would add up to just under $7k. Seen much worse on lesser models and have seen better. You indicate a Yamaha Cover, is that the white shipping cover or the Yamaha Premium Mooring Cover (which is around $1000 or so, if you can find one). If it is the mooring cover, please make sure you get the white shipping cover as well since that is best for long term or winter storage. The Coast Guard kit they are giving you is worth a couple of hundred bucks at most. It is typically not great stuff and you would be replacing anyhow. But it does get you on the water first so you can figure out what you want to buy.

The cover is a premium yamaha cover with a fancy "Phil Dill Boats" deal added on (Ha). What is "Rigging". Freight and prep is wrapped in it also.

Have you talked to more than one dealer? I would. And are you financing the balance with Yamaha or a bank? I‘d shop around for that too.

Rigging is most likely removing the cover putting the seats in and dropping the batteries in, etc. Maybe putting it on the trailer. No different the Setup. Just another line item to charge for.

Financing through a lender, shopping now. Have gotten some good terms, giving the dealer the chance to beat it. Yamaha wants short notes, I am buying into pretty substantial equity, I'll never see the boat to full term. Doesn't make much sense to have such a high monthly payment.

Phil Dill is a good dealer, base on what I have read here, anecdotally. You could challenge and ask them to itemize how they got over MSRP. I suspect that it could be supply and demand...

Financing through a lender, shopping now. Have gotten some good terms, giving the dealer the chance to beat it. Yamaha wants short notes, I am buying into pretty substantial equity, I'll never see the boat to full term. Doesn't make much sense to have such a high monthly payment.

That’s what I do…. Long term low monthly then I pay extra towards the principal.

So, my two cents.

Looks like it is marked up about the same amount as your sales tax… interesting.

But, there are no UHauls following the hearse to the graveyard. If you like the boat and can afford it and still go and use it A LOT, then get the boat, go out and enjoy it as much as you possibly can! Make a goal of how many outings you will do this coming season and make it happen. I set a goal of 50 outings last season and got to 47. This year I’m trying for more, perhaps 90?

Phil Dill is a good dealer, base on what I have read here, anecdotally. You could challenge and ask them to itemize how they got over MSRP. I suspect that it could be supply and demand...

Great insight. They explained it over the phone, I will do that this weeknd when we go see them.

So, my two cents.

Looks like it is marked up about the same amount as your sales tax… interesting.

But, there are no UHauls following the hearse to the graveyard. If you like the boat and can afford it and still go and use it A LOT, then get the boat, go out and enjoy it as much as you possibly can! Make a goal of how many outings you will do this coming season and make it happen. I set a goal of 50 outings last season and got to 47. This year I’m trying for more, perhaps 90?
Given the use we have gotten out of the waverunners, I think we will get that 50 mark easily! Here's to 90 good sir!

@crains Congrats on the purchase!! I say if that deal doesnt keep you up at night and you are happy with it then who cares if its a "good" deal. Sadly in this market right now, just getting a boat is a major challenge and "Good" deals are part of Urban legend and the good ol'days for a few more years.

Now get that boat on property and have a blast. Congrats !!!

Here's mine from the same place. To compare, not much difference. They did charge 3k for the trailer. Mine is a 252 SE so different boat. I'm still waiting on my cover since 1st week of Oct. They gave me 4 cheap life vest, 4 bumpers, 1 anchor w/ 150ft rope. Looks like 1k over MSRP. I did include the upholstery protection, will propaly add the YES close to Oct.View attachment 20220112_210802.jpg

Here's mine from the same place. To compare, not much difference. They did charge 3k for the trailer. Mine is a 252 SE so different boat. I'm still waiting on my cover since 1st week of Oct. They gave me 4 cheap life vest, 4 bumpers, 1 anchor w/ 150ft rope. Looks like 1k over MSRP. I did include the upholstery protection, will propaly add the YES close to Oct.View attachment 169590
My 252se was $86k i, I’ll look for the bill in a few

Where are you lender shopping? I’ll be doing the same in the next couple months. I appreciate any guidance/advice you can share from your search.

Where are you lender shopping? I’ll be doing the same in the next couple months. I appreciate any guidance/advice you can share from your search.
Mainly Credit Unions. There are a handful of lenders who claim to specialize in long term rec lending, but they have all come back fairly high on interest(even for a rec loan). Ultimately we are going with Bank of The West.

Mainly Credit Unions. There are a handful of lenders who claim to specialize in long term rec lending, but they have all come back fairly high on interest(even for a rec loan). Ultimately we are going with Bank of The West.

Thanks for the feedback. I did a cursory search and also found there were a lot of potential options. This is helpful to narrow the search down a bit.

I also agree with your statement regarding the substantial equity of these boats. I’m trying to figure out my cash to finance ratio as well the term (although that will somewhat be dictated by rate). I’m thinking about 15% cash at the moment. I don’t have a boat to trade so a dollar into the boat is a dollar out of the market.

Back