• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Remember this guy?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This guy has come quite a ways since I first saw his channel.. Then he had a 190 FSH that he was making the crossing with. Now he’s got himself a nice Parker pilot house with AC even. Livin the dream!

If I’m not mistaken his road to the Parker was a rough one. Custom built and came with defects that he had problems getting corrected.

Oh ya, "Out On The Reef". As @Ronnie says, crooked pilot house and a home window ac unit. He has a few newer ones now.

Last edited:
Before I purchased my yamaha I been watching his video of the 190, his video is one of the reason I bought my yamaha. When he cant go to the bahamas cause of covid testing etc etc. He took a trip to dry tortugas which is more challenging than bimini.

If I’m not mistaken his road to the Parker was a rough one. Custom built and came with defects that he had problems getting corrected.

So, looks like Yamaha isn’t alone (we all knew that) with left over manufacturing detritus as well as craftsmanship issues. Especially, in this case, the uneven floor, and I bet he spent a fair amount more money on that boat than a Yamaha.

What I admire about this guy is that he makes things happen, when faced with adversity or he wants / needs things on his boat he comes up with creative solutions that get the job done. Kind of like some of the other members here @Ronnie :-).

For instance, his AC solution. Marine AC’s have two ways to dump the heat, either through the air or into the water. Based on the first video I posted in this thread he talks about some of the issues with a water cooled AC unit, clogged with Sea Grass or the pick up not working right at higher speeds. Air cooled units are a bit simpler but require a bit more space with the ducting and all, basically the same as what he did, I bet he spent way less money on his set up though. Know what? It works for him and he is able to sleep and cruise comfortably.

His AC power solution… seems a wee bit sketchy to me but he took steps to make sure it’s as safe as possible. I’m considering a 1KW or a 2KW Honda to recharge my trolling motor battery bank for off grid trips. I think if he was using a Honda the noise of the generator would be greatly reduced. But again, he is making it happen, and a fraction of the cost of the big boys.

I’ll be having a look see at all of these new vids he’s made with his trip(s), especially the one to Dry Tortugas. I may get a few ideas from his vids.. Unlike him, I have to do all of my cooking outside as well as my sleeping!

So, looks like Yamaha isn’t alone (we all knew that) with left over manufacturing detritus as well as craftsmanship issues. Especially, in this case, the uneven floor, and I bet he spent a fair amount more money on that boat than a Yamaha.

What I admire about this guy is that he makes things happen, when faced with adversity or he wants / needs things on his boat he comes up with creative solutions that get the job done. Kind of like some of the other members here @Ronnie :).

For instance, his AC solution. Marine AC’s have two ways to dump the heat, either through the air or into the water. Based on the first video I posted in this thread he talks about some of the issues with a water cooled AC unit, clogged with Sea Grass or the pick up not working right at higher speeds. Air cooled units are a bit simpler but require a bit more space with the ducting and all, basically the same as what he did, I bet he spent way less money on his set up though. Know what? It works for him and he is able to sleep and cruise comfortably.

His AC power solution… seems a wee bit sketchy to me but he took steps to make sure it’s as safe as possible. I’m considering a 1KW or a 2KW Honda to recharge my trolling motor battery bank for off grid trips. I think if he was using a Honda the noise of the generator would be greatly reduced. But again, he is making it happen, and a fraction of the cost of the big boys.

I’ll be having a look see at all of these new vids he’s made with his trip(s), especially the one to Dry Tortugas. I may get a few ideas from his vids.. Unlike him, I have to do all of my cooking outside as well as my sleeping!
He also uses the AC condensation to have extra non-potable water, i believe he gets a cup an hour or so, cant remember exactly but he makes use of every single thing lol

He also uses the AC condensation to have extra non-potable water, i believe he gets a cup an hour or so, cant remember exactly but he makes use of every single thing lol
He said it would make about a gallon a day when it was running.. I just hope he flushed that whole thing out really good as they put anti corrosion stuff all over those units before they ship them. I think its awesome that he does that for sure! But, with his generator, he could probably even get a small water maker too. Still, that AC condensate would be good for bathing or just rinsing the salt off. Its a pretty cool little boat!

I have been watching his videos from the beginning. I still enjoy them but I found it more entertaining when he was using the FSH than the Parker. It just seemed more challenging doing everything he did on the FSH compared to having the comforts of home as with the Parker.

Just my opinion.

I have been watching his videos from the beginning. I still enjoy them but I found it more entertaining when he was using the FSH than the Parker. It just seemed more challenging doing everything he did on the FSH compared to having the comforts of home as with the Parker.

Just my opinion.

He was definitely more limited on space… like when he put the fresh water tank in. That was tight. He had some big learning curves too like when he and his buddy were going to Bimini and got stopped by the USCG and his buddy was puking his guts out over the side. A lot of experience on that run. Now it looks like his wife is going with him which is really nice, a few more comforts of home. He’s still running a single, albeit it a brand new Yamaha…. I think If I was making those runs I’d like twins. Still his boat now is pretty nifty, economical to operate with a sedate cruising speed, but very sea worthy.

I think it was Plato's girlfriend Necessity, she was the mother of invention. LOL. When it gets hot enough we find ways to cool things down. I did similar for those hot days in the sailboat at the slip. Luckily, we don't need it often.

20190731_195455.jpg

20190731_194137.jpg

Witty!!!

Back