• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Repitching impeller to find normal top speed

Matthew_B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I am still only finding 40 over the water, just barley faster than my buddy's 150 hp pontoon. I have changed the plugs and removed the air filter so far. Still need to adjust the throttle cable. I have heard that repitching the impeller may be where I am loosing speed. I would like to be a little closer to the 50 over the water as advertised but do not want to lose my holeshot. Is this possible?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am still only finding 40 over the water, just barley faster than my buddy's 150 hp pontoon. I have changed the plugs and removed the air filter so far. Still need to adjust the throttle cable. I have heard that repitching the impeller may be where I am loosing speed. I would like to be a little closer to the 50 over the water as advertised but do not want to lose my holeshot. Is this possible?
How many rpm’s are you turning at wot?

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Based on your previous post, you said you were turning 7,100 rpm at WOT. That boat should be closer to 7600 to 7700 rpm WOT. I was having same issue. I drained about half a quart of oil from the engine, and that helped me get back to 7600 rpm on my 192. I am running a lucky 13 cone, so I expect to lost a few hundred RPMs on the top end.

I would start with easy things, like check oil level, adjust throttle position sensor, and also consider that you are suffering from heat soak, a well documented issue on the 192 series.

YamFSH210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
21504 Front Beach Road Panama City Beach, Fl 32413
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have been playing with my impellers , adjusting , new solas impellers , everything recommended to try . The OEM in my boat are still the best I have been able to find , My FSH210 runs about 38 Max with 4 -5 people. make small adjustments , I went to big adjustments never saw and better speed , actually hurt . Still trying to find 40 .

Matthew_B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Based on your previous post, you said you were turning 7,100 rpm at WOT. That boat should be closer to 7600 to 7700 rpm WOT. I was having same issue. I drained about half a quart of oil from the engine, and that helped me get back to 7600 rpm on my 192. I am running a lucky 13 cone, so I expect to lost a few hundred RPMs on the top end.

I would start with easy things, like check oil level, adjust throttle position sensor, and also consider that you are suffering from heat soak, a well documented issue on the 192 series.
Would that 500 rpm make a difference in top speed by a bit?

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Would that 500 rpm make a difference in top speed by a bit?
Yes for sure. Rpm equals speed. It's not a 50 mph boat stock. I have one, it just doesn't happen. Maybe on the speedometer but that's not gps.

Matthew_B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yes for sure. Rpm equals speed. It's not a 50 mph boat stock. I have one, it just doesn't happen. Maybe on the speedometer but that's not gps.
The wife has considered selling it lol, I have been talking her out of it. She came from a 454 big block jet boat from the early 70s. I would be happy with mid 40s at this time.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The wife has considered selling it lol, I have been talking her out of it. She came from a 454 big block jet boat from the early 70s. I would be happy with mid 40s at this time.
Have you gone down the rabbit hole of this thread yet? Its amazing stuff that @SamCF did to that engine. He just recently sold that boat.

If she likes speed, these mods should put a smile on her face ;-)