• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Replacing a canvas snap

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Having used this tool for a few years now with no issues, I like the Press n Snap . We use it 95% of the time for snaps and small grommets. This is the other 5% . More expensive than the above kit, you could start your own snap repair business with this one. Might just need to, to pay it off, lol. Works great on s.s. and coated brass hardware.

Screenshot_20200917-153012_Gallery.jpg
20200404_104448.jpg

Last edited:
That’s $170 for a vice grip?!

1680888013529.jpeg

Does anyone know the size that are used on the factory snap on covers? I just ordered a kit and they're too small.

They are supposed to be made to an industry standard. What kit did you buy? Too small meaning the female socket was too small in diameter to engage the male stud? Or the post on the cap is too short to press thru the layers of fabric to mate/mushroom to the socket. If they are not mushroomed over completely, they will not engage.
We get our hardware here... https://www.sailrite.com/All-Hardware/Brand/DOT/Fastener-Type/Snap-Fasteners

20230418_130604.jpg

Last edited:
Cap & socket too small in diameter.

I see sizing information for these, but it never shows "what" is being measured. I assume diameter of the cap, but who knows?

In my link above, measurements are either the screw length for stud or the post length for the cap. Shorter post length with few layers of fabric and longer posts for 4-5+ layers. The caps and sockets there are one size.

20230418_175020.jpg

20230418_175452.jpg

20230418_175041.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I got a kit labeled 15mm (dim A on the button) Looks like that's the correct size.

That’s $170 for a vice grip?!

View attachment 197223
Talk about an overpriced vice grip, here’s a little cheaper vice grip lol. Might do the trick? Although I do ascribe to the mantra of “you get what you pay for” - who knows. I’ve got a few snaps I need to replace but I suppose I’d have to put in a reinforcing patch first.

https://a.co/d/hZMqcV7

Talk about an overpriced vice grip, here’s a little cheaper vice grip lol. Might do the trick? Although I do ascribe to the mantra of “you get what you pay for” - who knows. I’ve got a few snaps I need to replace but I suppose I’d have to put in a reinforcing patch first.

Amazon.com

Lastly, the advantage of a "straight on press" arbor type, not a vise grip, will be obvious after doing a few.

Last edited:
Back