• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rock Creek Resort on Texoma

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any OK/TX boaters out there know anything about this place? I just got the mailer that sayscome listen to us for 2 hours and we will give you a set of Callaway clubs and an IPad mini for free. I have received this deal a few times before but never nibbled on the hook. It looks like a decent place. I thought about dragging the wife up there and checking it out.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
It is a nice development, but it is on the west side of the lake. I grew up in that area on the weekends. We had a cabin between Rock Creek and Briar Creek. Rock Creek Resort has not taken off like they had hoped, but it is developing. The restrictions on size and covenants were not what I had hoped. We went out and took their tour and pitch about 5 years ago. I am guessing that the golf course is now open. They had increased the marina tremendously but the hotel was not built last I looked. Rock Creek, being on the west side of the lake, is just south of Slickum Slough. The Red River turns this end of the lake into mud anytime it is filling. Good luck on the freebies! The area is beautiful and worth the drive. Plan a stop along 377 between Whitesboro and the lake, on the west side of the road, is a place called Catfish Haven. It is home cooking and it has been under two names and two families for over 50 years. The current owners, have had it for 40 years now and she cooks pies. The cheeseburgers and fries are great, as well as chicken fried steak or fried chicken or catfish. It isn't the only or the best catfish place up there, but it is a good one. You can check out Cedar Bayou and Cedar Mills marina and resort too while your up there. Drive across Willis Bridge just north of there across the lake too. The lake is so far down, I bet it looks different. Have a good trip!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the intel. I gotta sell it to the wife. They require both of us to be there. Only reason I am even considering this time is potential investment property. If they don't require construction to begin on a lot within a certain time frame I may pick up a lot and sit on it. I've heard some of these planned communities force you to build within 2 years or something.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am not certain, and don't remember if they had a time commitment on building. They are not too built out, and it is neighborhood style for the most part.

Chris Tronzano

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I heard you can buy lots from people who have bought and are now selling for 2/3 of what lots are selling for. If you are a big golfer I have heard the course is nice and they have great prices for property owners. Unless they are having a fire sale because of these conditions I'm not sure it's the best investment opportunity. There is some great property in that area.

We have a place just outside of cedar mills.